Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-22-2017, 09:44 PM
 
8,669 posts, read 4,752,657 times
Reputation: 408

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The judge ruled that the taxpayers have to pay the couples legal fees such as their attorney and court fees. Instead you have accused a federal judge of being corrupt and accepting bribes (or going along with that accusation from another poster).

Either way that is false accusation or false testimony against another. One is only left with the assumption that you think you are above God and his Ten Commandments. The judge did rule that if the State had taken action against Davis it would have been her not them on the hook for legal fees.

The case would of cost the State more than 220K has they would have had to pay their own lawyers as well.it is common knowledge that a government violating a citizens rights illegally ends up paying at least the legal costs. As well remember the judge considers himself a devout Christian and is personally opposed to SSM but he does live up to his oath of maintaining the kaw.

Maybe her religious backers who with her believe that Christians only have to follow laws and regulations they agree with should be footing the cost, putting their money where their beliefs are.
You are accusing me of a false accusation based on a hypothetical.
Interesting.
So you are saying the court's have already awarded damages in a law suit. Even more interesting.

Please do tell the readers your source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-22-2017, 09:54 PM
 
9,345 posts, read 4,280,065 times
Reputation: 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
You are accusing me of a false accusation based on a hypothetical.
Interesting.
So you are saying the court's have already awarded damages in a law suit. Even more interesting.

Please do tell the readers your source.
Go9gle, several news sources reported it including the day, the words of the judge etc. Look 8t up rather than make accusations. Perhaps you should not imply a shady judge before you accuse. I went searching when I read a post claiming the judge took a bribe. You should too before you hint at dishonesty of someone you might not agree with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2017, 10:11 PM
 
8,669 posts, read 4,752,657 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Go9gle, several news sources reported it including the day, the words of the judge etc. Look 8t up rather than make accusations. Perhaps you should not imply a shady judge before you accuse. I went searching when I read a post claiming the judge took a bribe. You should too before you hint at dishonesty of someone you might not agree with?
That seemed like an assumption that I haven't already reasearched, before discussing the subject here in this thread.

Sorry,
But I hope you see how hypotheticals are designed to appropriate strife.

Before you and I carry on a disccusion, let's first set the facts in order.

The cost of 220k is the information you provided per google.
All articles pertaining to this number are covering the current lawsuit filed by:_ _ _ _ _ _.

Billing of lawyers, possibly probono.
Judges office accepts case and Tax dollars are rewarded.
If plaintiff is rewarded damages?
Tax dollars are the reward?


Do you see where this is leading?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2017, 11:30 PM
 
Location: California side of the Sierras
11,162 posts, read 7,586,005 times
Reputation: 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Jehovah's Witness. One of them commented on this thread trying to stick up for the baker that refused to make a wedding cake for the gay couple. Same principle applies so I was shocked they did that. Unless something has changed in the 30 years since I left.
Cant rep you again. Thanks for the response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2017, 11:38 PM
 
Location: California side of the Sierras
11,162 posts, read 7,586,005 times
Reputation: 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
She took an oath to do exactly what she did.

Problem came is when those Rulers later passed a law without FULL authority to do so.
they operate within Gods ordinances.
Wrong. The Bible is a religious text, not a legal one.

Though according to the Bible, whatever governments exist on earth exist because God wants them to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2017, 11:39 PM
 
Location: California side of the Sierras
11,162 posts, read 7,586,005 times
Reputation: 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
thats a pretty good question. according to Christian scriptures- a divorce is permitted with sexual immorality as the cause. ( the guy cheated? or the lady ? either? )

if no sexual immorality happened then his divorcing her causes her to commit adultery ( just because the guy leaves and says divorce does not mean God agreed )

further more a divorced woman can not be remarried at all with out the man marrying her becoming an adulator.. that's a pretty thin line...

so if the Christian baker or certificate clerk really were acting according to their scriptures... then logically they could deny same sex couples under the Constitution IF they also denied any couples that were on their 2nd or 3rd marriage...right?

I believe that incident was more of " those people aren't as good as these people" judgments and that's why it failed SO badly.
Absolutely right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2017, 11:44 PM
 
Location: California side of the Sierras
11,162 posts, read 7,586,005 times
Reputation: 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Oh, please explain to all the readers here how this mertorious legal system of yours works.
May I suggest a junior high level civics text? If you are unable to understand that disobeying a court order is breaking the law, thats about where you should start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2017, 11:50 PM
 
Location: California side of the Sierras
11,162 posts, read 7,586,005 times
Reputation: 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
The thing is she wouldn't have the knowledge to deny such anyhow. So it never comes into play

No one asked me if I'd been married before and are now divorced when issuing the marriage license

It's not her job as a Christian to seek out past sin of others
If you'd read the post you quoted, you'd see it refers to the Christian bakers who refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple. No one expected Kim Davis to bake any wedding cakes for anyone, as that clearly is not her job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2017, 11:56 PM
 
Location: California side of the Sierras
11,162 posts, read 7,586,005 times
Reputation: 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
They had no authority granted by God to go against his ordinances.

All power is granted to Rulers to execute laws WITHIN his ordinances only. They have no power otherwise

Why would Kim heed Gods commands to to wrestle AGAINST the "rulers of darkness of this world"??

Ephesians 6:12
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
You're quoting from the book of Jeaniee again. You know, where you quote a scripture and ignore the parts not to your liking. If only the Bible said what you would like it to say, instead of what it actually says. Wouldnt it be nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2017, 12:02 AM
 
Location: California side of the Sierras
11,162 posts, read 7,586,005 times
Reputation: 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The judge ruled that the taxpayers have to pay the couples legal fees such as their attorney and court fees. Instead you have accused a federal judge of being corrupt and accepting bribes (or going along with that accusation from another poster).

Either way that is false accusation or false testimony against another. One is only left with the assumption that you think you are above God and his Ten Commandments. The judge did rule that if the State had taken action against Davis it would have been her not them on the hook for legal fees.

The case would of cost the State more than 220K has they would have had to pay their own lawyers as well.it is common knowledge that a government violating a citizens rights illegally ends up paying at least the legal costs. As well remember the judge considers himself a devout Christian and is personally opposed to SSM but he does live up to his oath of maintaining the kaw.

Maybe her religious backers who with her believe that Christians only have to follow laws and regulations they agree with should be footing the cost, putting their money where their beliefs are.
Pinnacled has no problem with repeatedly doing things the Lord hates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top