Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 12:07 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,586,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
You are accusing me of a false accusation based on a hypothetical.
Interesting.
So you are saying the court's have already awarded damages in a law suit. Even more interesting.

Please do tell the readers your source.
You have made false accusations several times against the judge. You have no knowledge or evidence whatsoever that the judge is corrupt or accepted a bribe. Yet that does not stop you.

Btw, another word for this activity of yours is "sin".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
That seemed like an assumption that I haven't already reasearched, before discussing the subject here in this thread.

Sorry,
But I hope you see how hypotheticals are designed to appropriate strife.

Before you and I carry on a disccusion, let's first set the facts in order.

The cost of 220k is the information you provided per google.
All articles pertaining to this number are covering the current lawsuit filed by:_ _ _ _ _ _.

Billing of lawyers, possibly probono.
Judges office accepts case and Tax dollars are rewarded.
If plaintiff is rewarded damages?
Tax dollars are the reward?

Do you see where this is leading?
Well it certainly does not seem to be leading to any substantiarion of your false accusations.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:18 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,280,065 times
Quote:
That seemed like an assumption that I haven't already reasearched, before discussing the subject here in this thread.

Sorry,
But I hope you see how hypotheticals are designed to appropriate strife.

Before you and I carry on a disccusion, let's first set the facts in order.

The cost of 220k is the information you provided per google.
All articles pertaining to this number are covering the current lawsuit filed by:_ _ _ _ _ _.

Billing of lawyers, possibly probono.
Judges office accepts case and Tax dollars are rewarded.
If plaintiff is rewarded damages?
Tax dollars are the reward?

Do you see where this is leading?
Leading nowhere as you do not seem willing to actually state what you are implying. Do you want it so that if the government denies you your legal rights and the plaintiff wins there is no penalty for the government and the victim has to pay for fighting for their rights without any positive outcome possibke.

So before we continue please lay out where you think this is going because the way I read your cryptic post may nor be the way you intended it. The way I read it sounds like you are hinting at some backroom deal and are smearing the judges reputation, mostly cause you disagree with his decision. Hope I am wrong but when communicating with those who do not layout what the actuality mean I could be wrong.

So no I do not know where you are heading. And as far as the last question, yes because the State did not step in and provide the services the couple were legally allowed to have and should of been provided except for discrimination by a clerk who refused anyone from her office to provide this government service. And yes if a poster asks me the questions that are easily found by a quick Google search my assumption is that they have not done the search rather than they are playing g around trying to get me to stop the conversations.

Do you have information that the lawyers worked pro bono? Are you willing to be specific as to what you mean by leading to? If not then end of discussion as cannot continue a discussion if the other is implying dishonesty of a judge without being willing to state that in clear language.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:51 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,353,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I'm thinking about the Christian bakers who refused to bake wedding cakes for same-sex weddings and the clerk who refused to issue the marriage certificate to a same-sex couple.

And what exactly is a sincerely held religious belief with regard to this topic?

Thanks and God bless.
First off, you seem very quick to condemn these Christian baker, who btw was accosted by *******s who weren't even from the same state and disrupted his livelihood with unreasonable demands, while being slow to understand that (1) Christians are humans, (2) your accusation of Christians being judgemental seems hypocritical when you judge all Christians equally of being judgemental, (3) Christianity teaches forgiveness.

The adulterer is not special requesting "Happy 5th wedding" or "Happy Affair Cake." They have sinned, but they want to move on an be forgiven. The gay cake ppl, could have bought a regular cake and decorated it as a gay cake afterwards. They instead demanded the baker make something specific to their sin and then act like they agree with it. It is one thing to forgive others their life choices, it is another to have to put up with another person demanding you accept them at the risk of your job. If someone antithetical to you wants a basic request ("give us a cake", "make us a painting", etc) no problem, they usually get business. But you dont have to right to antagonize employees (" make a cake/painting/etc that is about communism/capitalism/Islam/Christianity/leftism/rightism/gay/straight/whatever" just dont do this! <bleep>).

Btw, the a pro-lgbt cake baker got harassed by someone wanting to have God hates gays on a cake, and it got thrown right out.

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-23-2017 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: language

Old 10-23-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
First off, you seem very quick to condemn these Christian baker, who btw was accosted by *******s who weren't even from the same state and disrupted his livelihood with unreasonable demands, while being slow to understand that (1) Christians are humans, (2) your accusation of Christians being judgemental seems hypocritical when you judge all Christians equally of being judgemental, (3) Christianity teaches forgiveness.

The adulterer is not special requesting "Happy 5th wedding" or "Happy Affair Cake." They have sinned, but they want to move on an be forgiven. The gay cake ppl, could have bought a regular cake and decorated it as a gay cake afterwards. They instead demanded the baker make something specific to their sin and then act like they agree with it. It is one thing to forgive others their life choices, it is another to have to put up with another person demanding you accept them at the risk of your job. If someone antithetical to you wants a basic request ("give us a cake", "make us a painting", etc) no problem, they usually get business. But you dont have to right to antagonize employees (" make a cake/painting/etc that is about communism/capitalism/Islam/Christianity/leftism/rightism/gay/straight/whatever" just dont do this! <bleep>).

Btw, the a pro-lgbt cake baker got harassed by someone wanting to have God hates gays on a cake, and it got thrown right out.
What do you mean by "decorated it as a gay cake"? Lol. A cake has no sexual orientation. The couple did not order a "gay cake", they ordered a wedding cake. The same cake being sold to other customers. The issue was not that the cake would be offensive; the issue was that the customers are gay.

Btw, Jesus' command to love everyone and not judge others was given to his followers. Its hilarious that your excuse for not following Jesus' commands is that the world judges Christians. So what? If you love Jesus, keep His commandments. (Maybe youve read that someplace?)

Last edited by mensaguy; 10-23-2017 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Quoted post edited

Old 10-23-2017, 09:25 AM

1,196 posts, read 745,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I'm thinking about the Christian bakers who refused to bake wedding cakes for same-sex weddings and the clerk who refused to issue the marriage certificate to a same-sex couple.
And what exactly is a sincerely held religious belief with regard to this topic? Thanks and God bless.
in response to your topic, simply put, because MANY "Christians" are adulterers!, and you forgot fornicators! many self-righteous "Christians" seem to want to believe the ONLY "abomination" is being a homosexual. yet many refuse to believe ...that while they are sitting in their place of worship yelling "hallelujah". they don't have that first class ticket to Heaven they so believe. they're having sex out of marriage, this includes those living together. and those who's married, but separated, having a new "mate". and sadly many ministers know of such people who might be sitting in those seats.

i can understand why MANY refuse to become a "Christian". because they see some of us pretending to be "holy", yet live just like the rest of the world does. Jesus said he and his wasn't part of this world ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). people of the world love those who doesn't act like a Christian when they're around them. but once one start acting more like Jesus, the ones you were once with, tend to NOT want to be around you anymore ,(John 15:19 (NLT) The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you).

still!... even if people refuse to believe, this is what Jehovah God words say...(1 Cor. 6:9 NLT "Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality. or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God"). so it's NOT a "religious belief", it's the word of God!

Old 10-23-2017, 09:39 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,752,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Leading nowhere as you do not seem willing to actually state what you are implying. Do you want it so that if the government denies you your legal rights and the plaintiff wins there is no penalty for the government and the victim has to pay for fighting for their rights without any positive outcome possibke.

So before we continue please lay out where you think this is going because the way I read your cryptic post may nor be the way you intended it. The way I read it sounds like you are hinting at some backroom deal and are smearing the judges reputation, mostly cause you disagree with his decision. Hope I am wrong but when communicating with those who do not layout what the actuality mean I could be wrong.

So no I do not know where you are heading. And as far as the last question, yes because the State did not step in and provide the services the couple were legally allowed to have and should of been provided except for discrimination by a clerk who refused anyone from her office to provide this government service. And yes if a poster asks me the questions that are easily found by a quick Google search my assumption is that they have not done the search rather than they are playing g around trying to get me to stop the conversations.

Do you have information that the lawyers worked pro bono? Are you willing to be specific as to what you mean by leading to? If not then end of discussion as cannot continue a discussion if the other is implying dishonesty of a judge without being willing to state that in clear language.
You have outright just ignored the facts.

And as for every reader here to see.
The facts were very clearly laid out for discussion.

You know where it is heading because it is an unlawful ruling of an annex in the first place.
Marriage is between a man and a woman. And there is no argument period.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:05 AM

4,684 posts, read 6,077,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
What do you mean by "decorated it as a gay cake"? Lol. A cake has no sexual orientation. The couple did not order a "gay cake", they ordered a wedding cake. The same cake being sold to other customers. The issue was not that the cake would be offensive; the issue was that the customers are gay.

Btw, Jesus' command to love everyone and not judge others was given to his followers. Its hilarious that your excuse for not following Jesus' commands is that the world judges Christians. So what? If you love Jesus, keep His commandments. (Maybe youve read that someplace?)

Actually we are to judge each other as believers to hold each other accountable.

John 7:24
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment .

-We are told that we should judge a person by using righteous judgment. What is righteous judgment?
No man is righteous, but God is righteous. So if we are to judge another person we are to use righteous judgment and not our own thoughts and ideas. We are to use the word of God as a measuring stick to tell right from wrong!

Matthew 7:1-5
7 “Don’t judge, so that you won’t be judged. 2 For with whatever judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with whatever measure you measure, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but don’t consider the beam that is in your own eye? 4 Or how will you tell your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye;’ and behold, the beam is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite! First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother’s eye.

-But when judging others, make sure you examine yourself 1st. Cant be a thief and judging someone else for adultery. It is the way you go about it as well, so instead of screaming condemnation at them, you can say the bible says you should not live in adultery (Exodus 20:14), you are atleast showing them the standards they can compare against according to scriptures.

Luke 12:57
57 Why don’t you judge for yourselves what is right?

-We are to judge what is right, so in order to determine what is right we need to look into God's word and weight the deeds and actions against God's Word. We are not to determine by our own knowledge but refer to the Bible.

1 Corinthians 10:15
15 I speak as to wise men. Judge what I say.

-Paul is telling us to judge what he is saying. If we are not to judge then this verse would not make any sense.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:07 AM

21 posts, read 9,883 times
Homosexuals are a very easily identified target for discrimination. In some of the churches I've known, they are regarded as second-class citizens.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:17 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,280,065 times
Quote:
You have outright just ignored the facts.

And as for every reader here to see.
The facts were very clearly laid out for discussion.

You know where it is heading because it is an unlawful ruling of an annex in the first place.
Marriage is between a man and a woman. And there is no argument period.
You keep telling me where it's is heading but how am i to know when you will not be forthright .

What facts? That the US has a Constitution, a Bill of Rights and laws and does not use the literal interpretation of the Bible as the final authority for its laws. That the First Amendment is subject to your approval and one cannot argue with you.

And what is an annex in your use of the term here?

So what facts have I ignored?

That the Supreme Court ruled that outlawing SSM was unconstitutional?

That Kim Davis had been ordered by a judge to either issue SSM certificates or allow someone else in her office to do so?

That Kim Davis refused and when taken to Court she again refused?

That the Judge is a Christian, Catholic I believe?

That Davis went to jail on contempt of court charges?

That she was released when she finally agreed to allow someone else in her office to issue the certificate, the same thing she originally would not comply with?

That the couple had sued to access their legal right for the said certificate that was granted to them by the federal and state governments and ordered by the State Attorney?

That the USA us not a theocracy?

That you have implied several times that the judge is crooked and took bribes or kickbacks?

That you believe that how you interpret the Bible should be legally binding on all citizens of your country?

What other facts have I ignored and where is this heading?

By the way no church is required to conduct SSM services but some Christian churches do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity