Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-29-2017, 07:06 PM
 
Location: Florida
76,826 posts, read 47,136,257 times
Reputation: 14710

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Thankfully, the law disagrees with your definition of marriage.
Man's laws also permits lying and adultery, and many other things which God's law forbids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-29-2017, 07:12 PM
 
9,345 posts, read 4,280,065 times
Reputation: 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Thankyou again for adding to my point.
The media is missrepresenting fact with decietfullness.
Playing to communities against eachother.

Just the same as the media that missrepresented the U.S governing framework and the order events.

Again thankyou. Seems even Canada is being misrepresented
By the one Web site you linked to, that does make each and every media outlet dishobest. Get your information from a variety of sourses, research what doesn't make sense or is conflicting but don't throw out all sourses of information and then just make up stuff yoyrself.

So no am not supporting your point. But I am also saying that not all media sourses are non bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Elsewhere
87,949 posts, read 83,773,798 times
Reputation: 114129
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Most Christian religions believe that marriage is between a man and woman. Many of us do not feel that strongly about it, and that it is between the gay couple and God, but some do. Those that do have a right to their feelings. Why are the feelings of the Christian Right less important?

My feeling is, why isn’t a legal union enough for gay people, or a secular marriage ceremony? They aren’t happy unless they are rubbing the noses of the hard core Christians in it.

I don’t have a dog in the fight, so I just stay out of it.
in the case of a very active male/male couple in my church, it was because they are Christians and wanted to be married in a church. Both were former Catholics, and one of them loved the Catholic Church and is still grieved that he was rejected from it. They'd already had a civil union. They wanted a church wedding, and that one is the anniversary they celebrate.

Why on earth you think that "rubbing the noses of the hard core Christians" had anything to do with their desire to be married in the church they attend is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Elsewhere
87,949 posts, read 83,773,798 times
Reputation: 114129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The classic "us vs them" tribalism, where "us" are the good guys and "them" are the hate filled judgmental "fundamentalists".

Very judgmental, but of course you don't see that.
I already said I find myself feeling judgmental about fundamentalists and that it's something I struggle with, but of course you skip over that part.

That classical tribalism of us vs. them is most prevalent in fundamentalism in any religion, and as you know because I've said it here a hundred times, I have written quite a bit against that as a result of my experience on 9/11

But what you you claimed I thought I was a "better person", and I never said that. And I don't.

Look at the differences, Finn. Even though fundamentalism makes me angry, I don't wish that bad things will happen to you and your fundy comrades here. I just want you to stop hurting other people because you think or because you've convinced yourself that this is what God wants.

On the other hand, some of the fundamentalists here almost seem aroused and salivating with joy at the thought of people roasting in a fiery hell, wishing physical ailments and pain and death on people who reject their religion or their version of their religion.

You don't see a difference in that? Even though we are all flawed in our own ways, you don't see that one way of thinking and relating to people better fits what Jesus taught than the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 07:51 PM
 
8,669 posts, read 4,752,657 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
By the one Web site you linked to, that does make each and every media outlet dishobest. Get your information from a variety of sourses, research what doesn't make sense or is conflicting but don't throw out all sourses of information and then just make up stuff yoyrself.

So no am not supporting your point. But I am also saying that not all media sourses are non bias.

That's exactly what I was trying to inform you of.
Look over the media info I provided substantiating my arguement.
They misrepresented our legal system and constitution to the public. Gross negligence.
There never was a ban on same gender unions.
This is not how the U.S. legislative process is accomplished.
We are a democratic voting society.
a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

All members of state are divided into districts.
I will not even go into the mess of party affiliation. Because that is going to have to be quelled.
Each district's majority vote should be represented by the elected official regardless of party affiliation.

Note:
problem lies when the representative votes contrary to his own districts majority vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Elsewhere
87,949 posts, read 83,773,798 times
Reputation: 114129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some more than others. Suggesting others are "filled with hate in the name of false truth" is pretty close to the top of the charts. The irony is in the fact that she said it while boasting about not being judgmental herself.
I didn't in any instance boast about being nonjudgmental. You are being dishonest.

Didn't one of your bffs here name me "luciferian filth" just a couple of days ago and accuse me of making up fake stories about parents of gay people I know? That's some "filled with hate in the name of false truth" right there. And I bet you repped him for it.

What I originally referred to, though is the topic of the thread, and the sentence is factual.

It IS a false truth that gay people are an abomination to God. There ARE fundamentalists who spew their hate against gay people because they believe that false truth. Read this thread. Judgmentalism is different from stating facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Florida
76,826 posts, read 47,136,257 times
Reputation: 14710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But what you you claimed I thought I was a "better person", and I never said that. And I don't.
Read your statement again. You are talking about "us" (you) who are not hate filled and judgmental, so of course you are boasting about being a better person than them. Or are you saying you are just as hate filled as them?

Quote:
Mightyqueen801: TroutDude does not antagonize those of us Christians who are not fundamentalist, judgmental, and filled with hate in the name of false truth
Quote:
Look at the differences, Finn. Even though fundamentalism makes me angry, I don't wish that bad things will happen to you and your fundy comrades here. I just want you to stop hurting other people because you think or because you've convinced yourself that this is what God wants.
I have not hurt anyone, not even by accusing others of being hate filled.

Quote:
On the other hand, some of the fundamentalists here almost seem aroused and salivating with joy at the thought of people roasting in a fiery hell, wishing physical ailments and pain and death on people who reject their religion or their version of their religion.
Can you quote some examples of that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Elsewhere
87,949 posts, read 83,773,798 times
Reputation: 114129
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It was not a judgment but rather an accurate portrayal of the fundie mindset.

That you are blind to its truth would surprise no one familiar with your posts.
Dammit, I have to work on being more concise...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
31,374 posts, read 19,996,213 times
Reputation: 14068
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
In Canada, same-sex marriage is destroying all other rights - Marriage Alliance
A burden,

The burden and damage of redefining marriage is clearly being felt by the Canadian people
LOL.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 08:09 PM
 
8,669 posts, read 4,752,657 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I didn't in any instance boast about being nonjudgmental. You are being dishonest.

Didn't one of your bffs here name me "luciferian filth" just a couple of days ago and accuse me of making up fake stories about parents of gay people I know? That's some "filled with hate in the name of false truth" right there. And I bet you repped him for it.

What I originally referred to, though is the topic of the thread, and the sentence is factual.

It IS a false truth that gay people are an abomination to God. There ARE fundamentalists who spew their hate against gay people because they believe that false truth. Read this thread. Judgmentalism is different from stating facts.
If you are refferring to myself. Please do provide a post.
You are mistaken, perhaps by sentence structure.


May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top