Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2017, 09:41 AM

9,588 posts, read 4,981,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So can you give an example what the flesh hates about the nature and character of God?. You cannot can you?, it is just an another illusion you believe.

Seriously; do you even read the posts? I just gave you an example, and even told you, there's your example, and here you are again, acting like I didn't. Better cut back. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 09:43 AM

9,588 posts, read 4,981,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I haven't twisted anything. Not a single word. On the other hand, you seem to be reading a lot more into those words that what is actually there.

How do you get that? No less than Jesus said from the beginning it was so, as in one male and one female. He actually said that. The beginning is literally Genesis, the very name means "beginning" in Greek, and bre**** (word for the first book) in Hebrew means the same thing. So how am I reading a lot more into it than what is actually there? Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 11-16-2017 at 10:04 AM..

Old 11-16-2017, 09:59 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,814,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then stop defining them by their sexuality. There are no "gay rights". Only human rights. Gay is not a classification and should never be.
It would not be a classification if people had not made it so. Laws against discriminating on the basis of sexuality were made BECAUSE people were discriminating on the basis of sexuality. Did you think someone just dreamed it up?

About your "definition:" you fail to distinguish between a description and a prescription. A description only says this is the way something is in general, it does not limit the thing to that norm. Now, a proscription would say that a particular form of marriage (for instance) could NOT be done. The Bible gives descriptions of marriage that include various forms of polygamy, but no PREscriptions of what is allowable, and no PROscriptions of what is not.

Last edited by nateswift; 11-16-2017 at 10:08 AM..

Old 11-16-2017, 10:14 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,546,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, He said FROM THE BEGINNING it was so, as in one man and one woman, and G-d put them together. THAT is what was "so" from the beginning of time, as spelled out in Genesis, and He said let no man put asunder what G-D has put together (male and female), and that includes other men putting it asunder. No where did He put together two men. Her name was Eve, not Steve. If you don't accept the scriptures as a foundation, that's one thing and entirely up to you, but don't try to twist their meaning into something that isn't there.

And no, Jesus was not talking about divorce, the Pharisees were, because Adam and Eve were not "married", yet that is the example He cited as "from the beginning". The whole thing has a foundation in covenant principles, even reflected in the creation, and the construction of the Tabernacle, our other two witnesses, which are irrefutable. Peace

Of course, this brings up this thought experiment.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:36 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,415,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I KNEW somebody would do that! When I read that reply, I literally laughed out loud.

In response to Jeffbase40 asking for a direct and simple statement from the Bible approving of slavery, I asked for a direct and simple definition. One so unambiguous that nobody could misinterpret it. Not simply saying something exists, but an unmistakable definition.

Creating them male and female is not in any way, shape, or form a clean and unmistakable definition of marriage.

Jesus was talking about divorce. The term divorce, by definition, assumes that a marriage exists. His words about one condition for divorce in no way imply that the marriage under discussion was the one and only way a marriage could exist.

That's because, just as there is no clear and unambiguous statement approving of slavery, there is no Bible citation that is a clear and unmistakable DEFINITION of a marriage anywhere in the Bible. To say otherwise is an attempt to interpret and twist to words to say something they don't say.
Jesus defines marriage and declares God's intentions in the midst of a topic that is directly related to the topic being discussed does not negate such. Your stating otherwise and laugh out loud is clear indication of cleverly trying to mask hating the Bible for what it teaches.
Jesus' DEFINITION and INTENTION of MARRIAGE (aka Marriage bed)
"Have you not read?
‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?
So they are no longer two, but one flesh.
Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

MARRIAGE BED
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

Last edited by twin.spin; 11-16-2017 at 11:04 AM..

Old 11-16-2017, 11:04 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,644,620 times
Quote:
You're a riot. You take any opportunity to twist, bash, and slander you can find, don't you? All the while being a paragon of virtue for your brand of "agape love". That is the topic you brought up, not my qualification, YOURS. And yes I have friends, as a TRUE FRIEND, first of G-d, and then of them, I don't lie to them, and they're STILL my friends.

Learn the love of G-d IS G-D'S, not yours to try to claim and use to manipulate others and His written word with, ie. Christian witchcraft. Peace
They aren't "true" friends. You've taken it upon yourself to not tell them your "truth," the whole "truth," and nothing but the "truth." If you had they would drop you like a hot potato.

And if you think you have, you are badly mistaken. Try reading the whole TRUTH that you "preach" and how it impacts the LGBT community.

That "truth" is in the form of an Amazon book entitled The Cross in the Closet

Quote:
Timothy Kurek, raised within the confines of a strict, conservative Christian denomination in the Bible Belt, Nashville, Tennessee, was taught the gospel of separation from a young age. But it wasn't long before Timothy's path and the outside world converged when a friend came out as a lesbian, and revealed she had been excommunicated by her family. Distraught and overcome with questions and doubts about his religious upbringing, Timothy decided the only way to empathize and understand her pain was to walk in the shoes of very people he had been taught to shun. He decided to come out as a gay man to everyone in his life, and to see for himself how the label of gay would impact his life. In the tradition of Black Like Me, The Cross in the Closet is a story about people, a story about faith, and about one man's "abominable" quest to find Jesus in the margins.
https://www.amazon.com/Cross-Closet-.../dp/0983567743

Where is geekigurl? As a transgender woman she displays a far greater sense of acceptance (oh, I know--that AWFUL agape love about which more is written in Scripture than about any sexual unions) and has twice the biblical knowledge that you have---and wisdom about it to boot.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:19 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,038,131 times
Quote:
You're a riot. You take any opportunity to twist, bash, and slander you can find, don't you? All the while being a paragon of virtue for your brand of "agape love". That is the topic you brought up, not my qualification, YOURS. And yes I have friends, as a TRUE FRIEND, first of G-d, and then of them, I don't lie to them, and they're STILL my friends.

Learn the love of G-d IS G-D'S, not yours to try to claim and use to manipulate others and His written word with, ie. Christian witchcraft. Peace
When you say friends are you referring to christian friends ?.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:20 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,232,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus defines marriage and declares God's intentions in the midst of a topic that is directly related to the topic being discussed does not negate such. Your stating otherwise and laugh out loud is clear indication of cleverly trying to mask hating the Bible for what it teaches.
Jesus' DEFINITION and INTENTION of MARRIAGE (aka Marriage bed)
"Have you not read?
‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?
So they are no longer two, but one flesh.
Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

MARRIAGE BED
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
Yes and in Genesis a marriage took place as well. In Biblical time a marriage id not happen as it does today, or even later in their history, the woman was taken to the man and presented to her and they were married.

Genesis 2:22 22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh:

Thinking people see what God intended.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:22 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,232,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Of course, this brings up this thought experiment.
Thoughtless.

Genesis 5:4 4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

Old 11-16-2017, 12:24 PM

25,403 posts, read 9,673,011 times
Quote:
I do. Male and female, created He them from Genesis 1. Jesus even said from the beginning it was so, when confronted with the question about adultery, as in marriage is between one man and one woman. Peace
And by law, marriage can be between people of the same sex. Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity