Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-16-2017, 11:28 AM
 
25,409 posts, read 9,717,588 times
Reputation: 15237

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't see how the Bible could be any more clear on the subject. If you take every single verse regarding marriage, there is not a single mention of gay marriage. Like Proverbs 18:22. If God intended for homosexual couples to exist as well, the verse would have mentioned a wife of a wife or husband of a husband also. Ephesians 5:22-33 also gives clear direction of the roles of HUSBAND and WIFE in a marriage. No exceptions.
So which is it? One man and one woman or one man and a bunch of wives? Also, Lot had sex with his daughters. So the same holy book condones incest as well. So no exceptions would include David, Solomon, Jacob and others? I guess they did it wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-16-2017, 12:18 PM
 
6,518 posts, read 2,704,945 times
Reputation: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So which is it? One man and one woman or one man and a bunch of wives? Also, Lot had sex with his daughters. So the same holy book condones incest as well. So no exceptions would include David, Solomon, Jacob and others? I guess they did it wrong.
why does it bother you that a man can be bonded legally to more than one woman at a time.. and be one flesh with them all?
it says hereabout the end of the age ,., the age .


Isa 3:8
For Jerusalem is ruined, and Judah is fallen: because their tongue and their doings are against the LORD, to provoke the eyes of his glory.
Isa 3:9
The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.
Isa 3:10
Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
Isa 3:11
Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.
Isa 3:12
As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
Isa 3:13
The LORD standeth up to plead, and standeth to judge the people.
Isa 3:14
The LORD will enter into judgment with the ancients of his people, and the princes thereof: for ye have eaten up the vineyard; the spoil of the poor is in your houses.
Isa 3:15
What mean ye that ye beat my people to pieces, and grind the faces of the poor? saith the Lord GOD of hosts.
Isa 3:16
Moreover the LORD saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:

I put that to explain the next verse 's
"IN THAT DAY"..
then he says after this war time..

Isa 4:1
And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
Isa 4:2
In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.
Isa 4:3
And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:


that day has not come ... and it is not a sin for a man to have more than one covenant .. as long as he stays in covenant with them all and meets their needs in all ways woman have needs...
some woman will be happy in a household with just herself and live in a clan system for their support .. and .
other ancient women will want to be in a household with other women. because that system of supporting
each other this is familiar to them in their lives and it is their " heaven" and for the most part I believe those kind of things will be " OUR WAY">>>>>lawful covenants of love between a man and a women.. . Lawful according to the Father's plan for mankind.. which means a man and a woman!
it is still one man making a covenant with a women or many woman. he is still making individual covenants.
I am pretty sure Lots more women will be saved than men. so multi woman household or for some cultures a clan system will be very needed for help in raising families . and happy families has always been the Lord's goal.. you see he can will make a new heaven and new earth and no telling how large that world will be and how many he might make after that.. so happy families has always been His goal. what does a happy family look like over millions of years ?
yes you can't image it . as we swim in the sewer..... what does a sinless society look like in millions of years ? no we can't even image it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2017, 12:21 PM
 
8,669 posts, read 4,777,976 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, He said FROM THE BEGINNING it was so, as in one man and one woman, and G-d put them together. THAT is what was "so" from the beginning of time, as spelled out in Genesis, and He said let no man put asunder what G-D has put together (male and female), and that includes other men putting it asunder. No where did He put together two men. Her name was Eve, not Steve. If you don't accept the scriptures as a foundation, that's one thing and entirely up to you, but don't try to twist their meaning into something that isn't there.

And no, Jesus was not talking about divorce, the Pharisees were, because Adam and Eve were not "married", yet that is the example He cited as "from the beginning". The whole thing has a foundation in covenant principles, even reflected in the creation, and the construction of the Tabernacle, our other two witnesses, which are irrefutable. Peace
like the rich man in hell, still demanding that lazarus serve him

As Yeshua said, the outer court of darkness, there will be no admittance for those who are without.
No covenant will be prepared for those who deny the Son.

And as for those ten kings changing the times and season to confound the innocent souls as a means of extorting from them their rightful inheritance.

They will find out real soon just how literal the scripture is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2017, 12:45 PM
 
9,588 posts, read 5,010,981 times
Reputation: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
They aren't "true" friends. You've taken it upon yourself to not tell them your "truth," the whole "truth," and nothing but the "truth." If you had they would drop you like a hot potato.

And if you think you have, you are badly mistaken. Try reading the whole TRUTH that you "preach" and how it impacts the LGBT community.

That "truth" is in the form of an Amazon book entitled The Cross in the Closet


https://www.amazon.com/Cross-Closet-.../dp/0983567743

Where is geekigurl? As a transgender woman she displays a far greater sense of acceptance (oh, I know--that AWFUL agape love about which more is written in Scripture than about any sexual unions) and has twice the biblical knowledge that you have---and wisdom about it to boot.

Nonsense. Not everyone hides under fig leaves like you do, nor promotes same, and neither do my friends, who are seeking after TRUTH, not that which is soothing to flesh.

I like geekigurl and have no problem with her, so if you're seeking to engender division between us, there is NONE on MY part. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2017, 12:48 PM
 
9,588 posts, read 5,010,981 times
Reputation: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And by law, marriage can be between people of the same sex. Peace.

And your point is? G-d's laws and man's do not always jive. Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2017, 12:55 PM
 
9,588 posts, read 5,010,981 times
Reputation: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
like the rich man in hell, still demanding that lazarus serve him

As Yeshua said, the outer court of darkness, there will be no admittance for those who are without.
No covenant will be prepared for those who deny the Son.

And as for those ten kings changing the times and season to confound the innocent souls as a means of extorting from them their rightful inheritance.

They will find out real soon just how literal the scripture is.

Yes, it's all about killing, stealing and destroying. Throwing one's inheritance away for some red pottage. It was red because it had blood in it, and the pagans thought eating blood would give them the strength of the animal they ate. Eating blood is not just about consuming REAL blood, but rather about being one with/consuming the life (spirit) of the beastly carnal natures that seek to defile the temple, of which there are many. But since men have decided the law no longer has any effect, they miss the spiritual import hidden in them, to their own destruction. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2017, 12:58 PM
 
25,409 posts, read 9,717,588 times
Reputation: 15237
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
why does it bother you that a man can be bonded legally to more than one woman at a time.. and be one flesh with them all?
it says hereabout the end of the age ,., the age .


Isa 3:8
For Jerusalem is ruined, and Judah is fallen: because their tongue and their doings are against the LORD, to provoke the eyes of his glory.
Isa 3:9
The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.
Isa 3:10
Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
Isa 3:11
Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.
Isa 3:12
As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
Isa 3:13
The LORD standeth up to plead, and standeth to judge the people.
Isa 3:14
The LORD will enter into judgment with the ancients of his people, and the princes thereof: for ye have eaten up the vineyard; the spoil of the poor is in your houses.
Isa 3:15
What mean ye that ye beat my people to pieces, and grind the faces of the poor? saith the Lord GOD of hosts.
Isa 3:16
Moreover the LORD saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:

I put that to explain the next verse 's
"IN THAT DAY"..
then he says after this war time..

Isa 4:1
And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
Isa 4:2
In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.
Isa 4:3
And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:


that day has not come ... and it is not a sin for a man to have more than one covenant .. as long as he stays in covenant with them all and meets their needs in all ways woman have needs...
some woman will be happy in a household with just herself and live in a clan system for their support .. and .
other ancient women will want to be in a household with other women. because that system of supporting
each other this is familiar to them in their lives and it is their " heaven" and for the most part I believe those kind of things will be " OUR WAY">>>>>lawful covenants of love between a man and a women.. . Lawful according to the Father's plan for mankind.. which means a man and a woman!
it is still one man making a covenant with a women or many woman. he is still making individual covenants.
I am pretty sure Lots more women will be saved than men. so multi woman household or for some cultures a clan system will be very needed for help in raising families . and happy families has always been the Lord's goal.. you see he can will make a new heaven and new earth and no telling how large that world will be and how many he might make after that.. so happy families has always been His goal. what does a happy family look like over millions of years ?
yes you can't image it . as we swim in the sewer..... what does a sinless society look like in millions of years ? no we can't even image it.
I don't care one way or the other since I'm not Christian. I just think it's hypocritical when people start yelling about marriage being between one man and one woman. Do you see any irony in this at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2017, 01:00 PM
 
25,409 posts, read 9,717,588 times
Reputation: 15237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And your point is? G-d's laws and man's do not always jive. Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. Peace
My point is we live in the U.S. under laws. So-called "higher laws" don't even come into this marriage equation. If you feel that they do, good on you. If others don't, that's fine too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2017, 01:08 PM
 
6,518 posts, read 2,704,945 times
Reputation: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't care one way or the other since I'm not Christian. I just think it's hypocritical when people start yelling about marriage being between one man and one woman. Do you see any irony in this at all?
that is what you get for thinking and not asking God himself before you/whomever did dumb and spiritually deadly things to your body and to your soul .. now you/they can always repent and He can and will wash away those ties and chains. I know many who were once chained to those perversions of his most glorious of gifts.. a gift given to men and to woman to bring about wholeness and families and true lasting kinds of love for eternity .

but a second marriage/ adultery situation the repentance I don't think it does not require them to leave a bonded committed relationship they are in . even then they are repenting for NOT keeping the faith with the First relationship /covenant (especially if he is not paying alimony and child support). as long as he is keeping that part of his covenants then he has less to repent from. that is the repentance to agree that he is responsible for his commitments and bonding choices . probably not that he has have a second covenant when you are in other social structures of say middle east 500 years ago.. . now to do that now 2nd in this society would break the laws of the land and then that would need to be repented for that and any unlawful unions he isn't telling anyone about.. .

but repentance of a homosexual "marriage"/promiscuity / relations /sexuality / lusts of the flesh.. requires separation of the relations , thus repentance is turing away from and coming into agreement with God about who has a right to marry whom. and God's definition of what the covenant of marriage is.. because there is no bonding made in homosexuality .. the only bonding is they are chained to sin and death . and those two will get their pound of flesh someday. unless of course they repent and turn away .. and come into agreement with God on that matter.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-16-2017 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2017, 01:15 PM
 
9,588 posts, read 5,010,981 times
Reputation: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
My point is we live in the U.S. under laws. So-called "higher laws" don't even come into this marriage equation. If you feel that they do, good on you. If others don't, that's fine too.

I'm stating what G-d said about it, and to anyone that believes, the higher laws are very much applicable to their own soul, regardless of what man's laws say is permissible. If that has no meaning for you, so be it. But this being a Christian forum, this is the kind of answer you can expect from some of us. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top