Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2017, 06:26 PM

25,403 posts, read 9,674,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You seem

You think that just because the Bible reports on the actions of men then that means it approves of those actions. That would be like saying the Washington Post supports racism because it reported the events that happened in Charleston.
I know that it was "reported" that David was considered a man after God's own heart. Yet that man took another man's wife and sent her husband into a battle that he knew he would die in. I know, I know, but he had a good heart and repented. Yeah, I get it. SMH.

So the bible was just "reporting" on God telling the Israelites to go into various countries and wipe out all the men, women, children and even animals? So maybe the bible didn't approve of that after all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 06:44 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,041,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Again, you have no idea what I believed and my previous Christian life. I know what I was. But carry on.
I too am a former bible fundamentalist.

Bible fundamentalists are dismissive of those of us who were formerly(and there is a huge number of us worldwide) of a bible fundamentalist mind set, that we were never of them in the first place, or we have fallen away, or we have been deceived. They are incapable of actually giving it some honest evaluation of why some no longer remain in that mindset and still seek after God whil others remain no longer in faith. The truth is, the voice in them that makes them uncomfortable about much of what they believe that they dismiss as being the devil is actually the still small voice their bible speaks of.

Their is a life outside of bible fundmentalism.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:14 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,289,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Bible fundamentalists are dismissive of those of us who were formerly(and there is a huge number of us worldwide) of a bible fundamentalist mind set, that we were never of them in the first place, or we have fallen away, or we have been deceived. They are incapable of actually giving it some honest evaluation of why some no longer remain in that mindset and still seek after God whil others remain no longer in faith. The truth is, the voice in them that makes them uncomfortable about much of what they believe that they dismiss as being the devil is actually the still small voice their bible speaks of.

There is LIFE outside of bible-believing "Love-but"ness.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:31 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,752,657 times
Quote:
I know that it was "reported" that David was considered a man after God's own heart. Yet that man took another man's wife and sent her husband into a battle that he knew he would die in. I know, I know, but he had a good heart and repented. Yeah, I get it. SMH.

So the bible was just "reporting" on God telling the Israelites to go into various countries and wipe out all the men, women, children and even animals? So maybe the bible didn't approve of that after all?
And to think on the Royal law and a lawgiver giving oil to light the lamps of His own kingdom by such Righteouness as a Salvation for all to receive after turning from wicked council.

And as for the wicked council, for a liar to compound on the innocent minds such destruction as conceit.
Conceit to further grasp at air with no consideration of the well being of life is the last thing the fallen one will remember.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:59 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,814,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

Where is geekigurl? As a transgender woman she displays a far greater sense of acceptance (oh, I know--that AWFUL agape love about which more is written in Scripture than about any sexual unions) and has twice the biblical knowledge that you have---and wisdom about it to boot.
I've noticed that

Old 11-16-2017, 08:03 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,814,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You seem to think that just because the Bible reports on the actions of men then that means it approves of those actions. That would be like saying the Washington Post supports racism because it reported the events that happened in Charleston.
You claim exactly thayt with your descriptions of marriage.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:08 PM

25,403 posts, read 9,674,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

It was such a struggle for me to leave that lifestyle behind. It was my entire identity and probably one of the most difficult things I've ever done. I can no longer believe what I used to no more than I can change my height. Unless someone has gone through it, like so many other things in life, they have no idea of the struggles involved.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:14 PM

6,607 posts, read 2,806,007 times
So ...Why DO Christians accept the weddings of divorcees who might be on their second or third marriage but not same-sex weddings? There seems to have been much skirting around the thread title but, as yet, no definitive answer to the question. I don't care if divorcees remarry but, from my understanding of the Bible, GOD cares. That said, there are a number of inconsistencies in the Old Testament re God and the 'one man, one woman' catch-cry that Christians tend to shout from the rooftops . . .as well as questionable examples of the types of men that a woman might be expected to marry ...her rapist, for instance, or she being the spoils of war and given to her captor.

Using the Bible as an example of how we in the 21st Century should be living our lives is ludicrous. It's further ludicrous because even the most fundamentalist Christians - a number of whom we see on this forum - don't abide by the Bible commands. If all of the commands and precepts from the Old Testament were listed and presented for Christians to complete in order to determine their 'Christianity' ...ALL would undoubtedly fail.

So, I personally don't care if divorcees remarry. It's up to them what they choose to do. I likewise don't care if gay people wed. It's up to them what they choose to do. And, for those who haven't yet heard ...the recent Yes/No survey for same-sex marriage held in Australia received a resounding YES from the majority of the population! It would appear that same-gender marriage WILL be accepted into legislation before Christmas! My question now is ...how will the conservative Christians, most of whom appear not to have a problem with heterosexual remarriage, deal with this once it becomes the law of the land . . .?

Old 11-16-2017, 08:17 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,041,898 times
Quote:
It was such a struggle for me to leave that lifestyle behind. It was my entire identity and probably one of the most difficult things I've ever done. I can no longer believe what I used to no more than I can change my height. Unless someone has gone through it, like so many other things in life, they have no idea of the struggles involved.
I am sure that you are in a better place for it. My exit from it was pretty smooth other than the horror seeing what my beliefs had shaped me into.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:27 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,685,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
...her rapist, for instance, or she being the spoils of war and given to her captor.

no he owes her a living in the house of her choice I believe .. her parents or his house and it is her choice .. but he still owes her for his choices of marrying/bonding to her and that includes care for the rest of her life if she demands it, I am pretty sure.. . . they are forever bonded in body(mind) and spiritand soul to some degree .

but he now pays dearly.. he just entered into the head and soul of a woman he is sure to not like very much before his life is over ( see David sons rape of absolom's sister) . rape may be horrid, but I think few things can be worse than bonding to a hate-filled-ful woman .. shall I find scriptures of just how awful that might get David son woudl be one such example.. .. ? I think it is a life sentence for him either way . no doubt he will spend most of his life drunk because if it... so you really don't have a clue spiritually what he is in for.. God tells men to not marry a ***** these very reasons I am trying to explain. not that she was a ***** by any means.. but she now hates men like a ***** would...
if she never touches him again and even lives with her mom or even remarries... he will get the short end of that life sentence because he is still bonded until the lord removes it or death does..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-16-2017 at 08:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity