Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2017, 12:02 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,626,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
G-d never joined them in the first place, so it's not a problem. Peace
I'm looking for your "biblical" response to Jacob's multiple wives so you can tell us how Jewish you are!
But in the meantime, your good right wing Christian buddies in several states don't really give a damn whether anyone has sex with an animal anyway.

The false, lying god worshiped by so many plants that seed of extremism in all of your heads that makes you all state that all homosexuals are pedophiles, liberals want to legalize marriage with animals, and that anyone who doubts what you say will burn in hell.

You and your ilk may be part of the coming future as you wish a book that is a step by step guide to how to live your life day by day. AI experts are working on it to keep you under their control:

Quote:
If you type in multiple verses from the Christian Bible, you can have the AI write a new verse that seems eerily similar. Here’s one an AI wrote: “And let thy companies deliver thee; but will with mine own arm save them: even unto this land, from the kingdom of heaven.” An AI that is all-powerful in the next 25-50 years could decide to write a similar AI bible for humans to follow, one that matches its own collective intelligence. It might tell you what to do each day, or where to travel, or how to live your life.
https://venturebeat.com/2017/10/02/a...ou-worship-it/

That's the kind of god that can tell you to murder people or reject the humanity of some so that you can feel superior about yourself.

In fact, all Christian fundamentalists are SO LIKE their Islamic fundamentalist counterparts it's flat out amazing:

Quote:
But when you get right down to it, isn’t the goal of both right-wing Christian evangelicals and Islamic fundamentalists essentially the same – to build nations based upon theocracies and religious rule? While Islam might be more restrictive in a lot of ways, mainly because our Constitution (and Western culture in general) has mostly kept religious radicals from taking over, these groups are very similar in many of the instances where human rights are concerned – especially when it comes to women’s rights and equality for homosexuals.

But the saddest part is, they’re two groups of people who often despise and loathe one another who are both worshipping books filled with stories that neither one of them can prove are real.

It’s just amazing how often those who claim to be the “most religious” are the ones filled with so much hate and intolerance.
https://forwardprogressives.com/comp...undamentalism/

Jesus was fighting against this kind of intolerance from the beginning. And rather than recognize HIM as the one by whom all those OT verses should be judged by, instead fundamentalists use the rest of the Bible to mold for themselves a jesus who would be as divisive and genocidal as they themselves are deep down in their hearts.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 11-18-2017 at 12:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 12:03 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,673,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Sorry sir, your facts are wrong. The couple IS from Colorado and they went to the bakery with one man's mother to get the cake. They had to fly to Massachusetts because, while Colorado has a law against sexual orientation discrimination, the State had not yet legalized same sex marriage.

The baker didn't even wait to hear what the couple wanted on the cake before telling them he wouldn't do it.

https://thinkprogress.org/colorado-j...-d794f0a8f055/

Like many who have homophobic religious beliefs, facts and existing laws don't appear to matter in the least.
NO one but the christian really had to tell the whole truth .
the rest I don't have to believe.
I mean OJ got off ....

Old 11-18-2017, 12:18 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,626,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
<snip>
Lev 18:18
Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.
<snip>
you wouldn't want to VEX her with anyone ever . especially her own family , as they are supposed to be her support.. . much less to pit her against her sister or her clans woman or her mother or her aunts ......I don't think the point is not about sisters but about getting even and being vengeful to your WIFE... you want a miserable wife and a miserable Life.. do stuff like that !!! that is the abomination . and even in the new testaments says God says he will not answer your prayers if you frustate your wife..
I suggest that if two sisters in that time wanted to marry the same man to be each others nurse and friend and thus to help raise
their babies together , I say let it be. the point of that scripture is a about a husband vexing , to VEX .... I don't think it about them being sisters. because even in the new testament doing that to your wife is a curse.
You've used the KJV Bible, perhaps the worst translation of Scripture that has ever existed. Here are a few other versions that express that verse (Lev. 18:18) with a better understanding:

New International Version
"'Do not take your wife's sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

New Living Translation
"While your wife is living, do not marry her sister and have sexual relations with her, for they would be rivals.

English Standard Version
And you shall not take a woman as a rival wife to her sister, uncovering her nakedness while her sister is still alive.

New American Standard Bible
'You shall not marry a woman in addition to her sister as a rival while she is alive, to uncover her nakedness.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
You are not to marry a woman as a rival to her sister and have sexual intercourse with her during her sister's lifetime."

International Standard Version
"You are not to marry a woman and then have sexual relations with her sister as a rival when your wife is still alive.

NET Bible
You must not take a woman in marriage and then marry her sister as a rival wife while she is still alive, to have sexual intercourse with her.

New Heart English Bible
"'You shall not take a wife to her sister, to be a rival, to uncover her nakedness, while her sister is yet alive.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
While your wife is living, never marry her sister as a rival wife and have sexual intercourse with her.

JPS Tanakh 1917
And thou shalt not take a woman to her sister, to be a rival to her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her lifetime.

World English Bible
"'You shall not take a wife to her sister, to be a rival, to uncover her nakedness, while her sister is yet alive.

Young's Literal Translation
'And a woman unto another thou dost not take, to be an adversary, to uncover her nakedness beside her, in her life.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:34 AM

9,588 posts, read 4,963,347 times
Quote:
I'm looking for your "biblical" response to Jacob's multiple wives so you can tell us how Jewish you are!
But in the meantime, your good right wing Christian buddies in several states don't really give a damn whether anyone has sex with an animal anyway.

The false, lying god worshiped by so many plants that seed of extremism in all of your heads that makes you all state that all homosexuals are pedophiles, liberals want to legalize marriage with animals, and that anyone who doubts what you say will burn in hell.

You and your ilk may be part of the coming future as you wish a book that is a step by step guide to how to live your life day by day. AI experts are working on it to keep you under their control:

That's the kind of god that can tell you to murder people or reject the humanity of some so that you can feel superior about yourself.

In fact, all Christian fundamentalists are SO LIKE their Islamic fundamentalist counterparts it's flat out amazing:

Jesus was fighting against this kind of intolerance from the beginning. And rather than recognize HIM as the one by whom all those OT verses should be judged by, instead fundamentalists use the rest of the Bible to mold for themselves a jesus who would be as divisive and genocidal as they themselves are deep down in their hearts.

Why don't you go find yourself an old dog to kick so you can spew out some of that fine "aqape love" you got going on there, on someone besides me. I thought pot was supposed to make people "mellow". Peace

Old 11-18-2017, 12:42 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,529,810 times
Quote:
and we are supposed to be that the 'COUPLE" WASN'TBEING MILITANT ? I SUGGEST YOU MAKE A POLE AND SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE BUY INTO THAT LOAD.
OF COURSE THEY WERE BEING MILITANT/FLAMING AND WAY OVER THE TOP JUST TO MAKE IT INTO A NARSISSISTIC DREAM COME TRUE.. THUS TURN IT A BIG DEAL AND THEN A WHINE FEST.. .AND A LAWSUIT EVEN ..

IF THEY HAD DONE THAT AGAINST A RACE OF PEOPLE WHO WERE THE STORE OWNERS , INSTEAD OF A BELIEF OF PEOPLE , IT WOULD BE CALLED GENOCIDE AND HARASSMENT AND THE GAYS WOULD BE THE ONES BEING SUED !! OH BUT BECAUSE IT WAS DONE TO CHRISTIANS WHO HAVE TO TURN THE OTHER CHEEK (ACCORDING TO ATHEISTS) ... NOW THE MILITANTS THINK THEY GOT BY WITH IT.
YELLING doesn't make your point any better. In fact, most of us won't read it, and I didn't. You might want to keep that in mind in future postings.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
YELLING doesn't make your point any better. In fact, most of us won't read it, and I didn't. You might want to keep that in mind in future postings.
well dear I have a cold and can't seeeeeee, double vision and all.. ... we keep being told tolerance and LOVE and Care ..is a attributes of a free and liberal mind.. actually I have yet to see that as truth. so maybe you should keep that in mind in future postings, so maybe for both mine and yours.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:26 AM

Quote:
You've used the KJV Bible, perhaps the worst translation of Scripture that has ever existed. Here are a few other versions that express that verse (Lev. 18:18) with a better understanding:

New International Version
"'Do not take your wife's sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

New Living Translation
"While your wife is living, do not marry her sister and have sexual relations with her, for they would be rivals.

English Standard Version
And you shall not take a woman as a rival wife to her sister, uncovering her nakedness while her sister is still alive.

New American Standard Bible
'You shall not marry a woman in addition to her sister as a rival while she is alive, to uncover her nakedness.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
You are not to marry a woman as a rival to her sister and have sexual intercourse with her during her sister's lifetime."

International Standard Version
"You are not to marry a woman and then have sexual relations with her sister as a rival when your wife is still alive.

NET Bible
You must not take a woman in marriage and then marry her sister as a rival wife while she is still alive, to have sexual intercourse with her.

New Heart English Bible

GOD'S WORD® Translation
While your wife is living, never marry her sister as a rival wife and have sexual intercourse with her.

JPS Tanakh 1917
And thou shalt not take a woman to her sister, to be a rival to her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her lifetime.

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
'And a woman unto another thou dost not take, to be an adversary, to uncover her nakedness beside her, in her life.
the wording Rival is still relevant there , both old and new testament. ..

Old 11-18-2017, 02:30 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,785,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Why don't you go find yourself an old dog to kick so you can spew out some of that fine "aqape love" you got going on there, on someone besides me. I thought pot was supposed to make people "mellow". Peace
you don't qualify for a pity party. Look at the truth about yourself for a change.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:03 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,440,396 times
Quote:
well dear I have a cold and can't seeeeeee, double vision and all.. ... we keep being told tolerance and LOVE and Care ..is a attributes of a free and liberal mind.. actually I have yet to see that as truth. so maybe you should keep that in mind in future postings, so maybe for both mine and yours.
lmao, that kind of makes sense. all we ask is that you be more honest about it. If I were you I would just state that its merely unhealthy for people to be running around town with other spouses. In a perfect world it wouldn't matter so long as the children are taken care of first and STD's are in check. We aint in that world.

your church, like any church should, has levels of infractions. Nobody can "damn" every impression they we perceive to be wrong. Its just not natural.

using that book as literal is illogical. The stories in it are not illogical. They are just stories. people running around to prove them literal? true or false? are the problem. A big problem.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:03 AM

87,746 posts, read 83,444,582 times
Quote:

Well-stated, Wardendresden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity