Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 08:47 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
Follow what principles? How about the principle that man can't reach God on the strength of principles alone? How about the principle that man is not able to produce eternal life by principles alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 09:37 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nonsense. It is not a physical resurrection. It is a spiritual birth in a spiritual body. Read 1 Cor 15 more carefully and take your blinders off from reading the "precepts and doctrines of men." Our ancient ancestors were terrified of Spirits and would never have accepted a rebirth as Spirit that Jesus clearly tried to convey. They needed the carnal milk of a physical resurrection but it is time that we eliminated those superstitions and accepted the solid food of a spiritual rebirth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Wrong.

1 Cor. 15

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.
Wrong.

1 Corinthians 15:42-50King James Version (KJV)

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Wrong.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Paul clearly states that Jesus was seen in the flesh after His resurrection. In verse 16, he says we are hopeless without it. Why are you ignoring that? Do you seriously believe he is referring to a spiritual resurrection only?

Old 10-27-2017, 10:24 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
That there are historical facts in the narrative is not an issue. The point is that there are other forms of literature and a development of knowledge about God and our relationship with Him that needs to be examined in the light of what Jesus revealed about that dynamic.
but not by you or anyone who is not a believer.. anyone who is not a believer and is lacking his spirit can't analyze with only half their brain engaged and no spirit and less wisdom on the subject and even less integrity .

Old 10-27-2017, 10:27 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
That there are historical facts in the narrative is not an issue. The point is that there are other forms of literature and a development of knowledge about God and our relationship with Him that needs to be examined in the light of what Jesus revealed about that dynamic.
but not by you or anyone who is not a believer.. anyone who is not a believer and is lacking his spirit can't analyze with only half their brain engaged and no spirit and less wisdom on the subject and even less integrity to admit they are or can be wrong and are intellectually dishonest on this subject.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:33 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Wrong.

Quote:
Paul clearly states that Jesus was seen in the flesh after His resurrection. In verse 16, he says we are hopeless without it. Why are you ignoring that? Do you seriously believe he is referring to a spiritual resurrection only?
You are deliberately ignoring the truth that our ancestors were positively terrified of Spirits! Of course, Jesus appeared to them (by going through walls and closed doors) but giving them every reason not to be terrified by presenting the semblance of physicality. You accept that He performed all these miracles but think He could NOT present the (Carnal Milk) appearance of a physical body while making sure there were clues to His Spiritual composition by appearing through walls and closed doors.so that future less terrified followers would discern the (Solid Food) truth.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:54 AM

70 posts, read 78,349 times
Quote:
Wrong.

1 Cor. 15

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.
These were "spiritual encounters", not necessarily physical sightings. If you Google, even many people today claimed to have had spiritual encounters with Christ.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:23 AM

Quote:
You are deliberately ignoring the truth that our ancestors were positively terrified of Spirits! Of course, Jesus appeared to them (by going through walls and closed doors) but giving them every reason not to be terrified by presenting the semblance of physicality. You accept that He performed all these miracles but think He could NOT present the (Carnal Milk) appearance of a physical body while making sure there were clues to His Spiritual composition by appearing through walls and closed doors.so that future less terrified followers would discern the (Solid Food) truth.
You are deliberately ignoring the obvious. Jesus cooked fish, as a spirit?

Old 10-28-2017, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncav4 View Post
These were "spiritual encounters", not necessarily physical sightings. If you Google, even many people today claimed to have had spiritual encounters with Christ.
How about this?

John 20

24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

26 After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.” 28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Old 10-28-2017, 09:12 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncav4 View Post
We turn people away from Christianity when they feel that
in order to be a "true" Christian,
they have to believe in literal talking snakes and donkeys.
I see what you mean more and it needs to be repeated so you don't get attacked....haha, as much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity