Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 02:58 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Didn't you say the other day the wicked love their own?, so the difference must be with God that he loves those you despise and believe are disgusting and vile. Truth is when we look upon someone in that light they are only mirroring what's in our own heart.
That was a much more gracious response than my own. Thank you.

God sees in every. single. person. what we may not in any given moment: a person who is valued and loved by God.

Ps. Here's what I see in pin that I also see within myself: he is protective of his friends. I appreciate that, on the one hand, but don't appreciate that others can come to be viewed as the enemy in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 03:05 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

God sees in every. single. person. what we may not in any given moment: a person who is valued and loved by God.
God seeks himself in all of us. God became flesh and tabernacled among us. John 1:14

Old 11-03-2017, 03:05 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times
Quote:
God seeks himself in all of us. God became flesh and tabernacled among us. John 1:14
Amen.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:31 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Ps. Here's what I see in pin that I also see within myself: he is protective of his friends. I appreciate that, on the one hand, but don't appreciate that others can come to be viewed as the enemy in the process.

Quote:
Amen!
Quote:
Amen.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:44 PM

15,797 posts, read 6,223,816 times
Quote:

Great scripture. That looks to me like the Word isn't a book.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:58 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

Amen! It couldn't be clearer. It says nothing about a book. Jesus IS the living Word and He abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."

Old 11-03-2017, 09:38 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

To those blessed with common sense, above room-temperature IQ and a high-school education, you are absolutely correct.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:23 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen! It couldn't be clearer. It says nothing about a book. Jesus IS the living Word and He abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."
The Spirit guided the men who wrote the scriptures. It’s their word against the Bible-deniers. Believing John 3:16 stops being true halfway through is illogical.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
1) Want an answer how Pleroo... Can you give an example of how God punishes you ? ...
. Hebrews 6:4-5

That's why people ... hate ... the .... Bible ..... Because God makes it impossible for people to be brought back to repentance once exposed to the truth of Scripture . Hebrews 6:4-5

And it's unrepentant sin that is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit which is never forgiven which sends a person to hell ... so says Jesus.

2) Another example is Jesus thanking God for hiding the truth against certain people saying:
" I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned,
... Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do."
3) God sends a delusion for people who hate the truth ... God's Word the Bible
"For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie
and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness."
Yep. And yet, so many dismiss the very words of Christ.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
We worship God and recognize that all His traits and qualities are consistent with the fact that He IS love.
And ignore the fact He is holy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity