Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 07:27 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I did some editing you will have to re read my last post. as I changed some of it. expanded it.
I still don't think that describes me. I don't see myself as hateful. I think this illustrates how a person can be called hateful and have no idea why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 07:29 PM

691 posts, read 419,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I still don't think that describes me. I don't see myself as hateful. I think this illustrates how a person can be called hateful and have no idea why.
I'm inclined to say you are not atheist.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:31 PM

I called my suv jeep and Chevy suburban my trucks.. and pick up guys gave me raz and it probably doesn't matter but they're probably right too lol

Old 11-07-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I did some editing you will have to re read my last post. as I changed some of it. expanded it.
agree again

Old 11-07-2017, 07:35 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,259,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
Sure, the judgemental attitudes about what other people do as they live life was frustrating.

When I was brought back into faith I learned mind my own flaws and that's it. Applying this lesson is a growing thing I am seeing
Yes, I can understand that and I appreciate it. You sound like a genuinely sensitive person in a good way. However, the natural reaction to someone who has hurt our feelings or worse is to hate them. And it can take time to overcome. I depend upon God to help me with many things and that is one reason why I pray. The older I get the more it impresses upon me the concept in what is called the "Lord's Prayer." Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. So by that I think we must realize God can and will forgive us for our sins if we ask Him to. But we also must work on forgiving those who sin against us.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Seems like most Christians should hope that intra-doctrinal bickering would be pleasing to your lord godship.

That's about all I see on display here.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:41 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Seems like most Christians should hope that intra-doctrinal bickering would be pleasing to your lord godship.

That's about all I see on display here.
You make a good point, and that's a reason I get annoyed with myself when I allow myself to get sucked into arguments with fundamentalists.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:44 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:
I called my suv jeep and Chevy suburban my trucks.. and pick up guys gave me raz and it probably doesn't matter but they're probably right too lol
You might not of been too far off in the desciptions.
I called a jeep compass a rav4.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You make a good point, and that's a reason I get annoyed with myself when I allow myself to get sucked into arguments with fundamentalists.
G-d searches our hearts and knows our soul, that is where our help is, as far as I know.

It leads me to believe that people who "correct the beliefs of others" are just bored

Old 11-07-2017, 08:08 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Quote:
G-d searches our hearts and knows our soul, that is where our help is, as far as I know.

It leads me to believe that people who "correct the beliefs of others" are just bored
For some groups believing the correct thing is a big deal. In the group I grew up in believing the wrong thing would get you slaughtered at Armageddon. In some groups believing the wrong thing can get you sent to hell. These people are serious about these details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity