Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 02:27 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,419,578 times

Advertisements

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/n...r-safety-33101

Thank God for his Mother being there for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 09:57 AM

18,808 posts, read 6,845,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Maybe I missed it..I read over it and didn't see anything about Mary being there.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:34 AM

465 posts, read 233,414 times
Christian girls who barely escaped ISIS credit Mary for their safety
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Maybe I missed it..I read over it and didn't see anything about Mary being there.
BaptistFundie, perhaps the Catholic faith is misunderstood in terms of prayers for the saints.

Perhaps the Protestants threw off everything they deemed as being at just pagan practices.

And all those prayers being said for the dead that if purgatory might really for hell is realities.

That what one is when they meet their Creator that they are and so be careful width myths.

Just perhaps some of it is truer but at a higher level than we can understand those religious.

Can you imagine the prayers that were being sent then for those writers wrote the last days.

Old 10-31-2017, 11:08 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,759,747 times
or selling pity like snake oil, who knows?

Old 10-31-2017, 11:15 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,759,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
or selling pity like snake oil who knows?
Note:Cryptic numerology

"Seven young women in Kirkuk credit the Virgin Mary for their safety after spending a harrowing eight hours hidden underneath beds while Islamic State group fighters used their room as a hideout during an assault on the city."

Old 10-31-2017, 12:37 PM

1,948 posts, read 1,901,912 times
Mary is not god what those girls did is idolatry

“I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.” —Isaiah 42:8

1 Timothy 2:3-6.

3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony borne at the proper time.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:58 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,132,178 times
Are we sure it wasn't St. Posturepedic?

Old 10-31-2017, 03:18 PM

27,895 posts, read 29,709,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

I'm surprised they didn't credit God. Mary isn't capable of answering prayers.

Old 10-31-2017, 03:46 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,015,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm surprised they didn't credit God. Mary isn't capable of answering prayers.
Catholics believe Mary has God's ear and pray to her to intercede on their behalf. I mean, what son doesn't at least pretend to listen to Mom?

Old 10-31-2017, 04:13 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,075,156 times
The belief comes from John 2 which some interpret as Jesus not being able to refuse his mother because although he says his hour has not yet come he changes the water into wine anyway only because his mother asked which leads to people asking his mother to intervene so that their prayers will be answered.

1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:

2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.

3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.

7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.

8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.

9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew; the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,

10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Regardless of how or why, these women are fortunate that the ISIS members didn't notice them.

Last edited by 5-all; 10-31-2017 at 05:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity