Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 08:52 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,507,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Good morning, Twin. I didn't ask him what the bible says. I asked him what he saw with his own eyes.
Good morning to you my friend.

I understand that you desperately want any answer being disconnect from what the Bible says. Maybe that has something to do with that the Bible makes the eyes see clearly?

My eyes sees because of the light of Scriptures. The Bible is the only correct answer which is "a lamp for my feet, a light on my path."

Last edited by twin.spin; 11-07-2017 at 09:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 08:57 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,418,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I agree, we reap what we sow but sometimes He intervenes, to give us a growth nudge. It's called the wood shed.
I've seen it with my own eyes.
Revelation 3:19
Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.
Those nudges or the woodshed? I see as my own belief system that created them.
If I were to believe I was bad, felt ashamed, unworthy, guilt -ridden and believed I
needed to now be punished in some way to redeem myself...you betcha a woodshed moment would happen!
I would have created it myself.

I find that verse above odd...'Those whom I love"? Um, whom doesn't our Father love? Hello?
'zealous repenting'...oh yeah...'reprove and discipline' are such better words
than wrathful punishing and lake of fire, lol.
*I would have more in common with some on this forum if they spoke more like this.*

It does indicate in that verse if you were to zealously repent ...no need for discipline.
I KNOW when I've been bad...and boy, do I sincerely repent and swear I will never do that again!
And I must forgive myself....as I must forgive others their mistakes...even if they don't realize they have made one...doesn't mean
I have to hang out with them, tho, waiting for another hurtful rude remark.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:58 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,150,199 times
I have.
God told me to buy LG phones and whenever im not walking right, he sends the phones into a bootloop and I loose all my data. :-(
Then if im still not good enough, the check engine light comes on on my car, so Ford was my punishment as well.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:21 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,411,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Good morning to you my friend.

I understand that you desperately want any answer being disconnect from what the Bible says. Maybe that has something to do with that the Bible makes the eyes see clearly?

My eyes sees because of the light of Scriptures. The Bible is the only correct answer which is "a lamp for my feet, a light on my path."
I'm going to repeat this, even though I know you won't believe it when I say what I've said to you many times before: The truth is, I desperately wanted the Bible to be what I once believed, and you still believe, it to be. I came to understand that it was not, and that was earth-shattering (not a punishment from God, however ). In the long run, however, it was one of the best things that has happened to me.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:24 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,367,538 times
Quote:
Good morning, Twin. I didn't ask him what the bible says. I asked him what he saw with his own eyes.
First of all Twin, I was talking about God disciplining His own children, not the unbelievers. What parent never disciplined his or her own child? What did I see with my own eyes Pleroo? No, not God disciplining others, but I have first hand knowledge.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
First of all Twin, I was talking about God disciplining His own children, not the unbelievers. What parent never disciplined his or her own child? What did I see with my own eyes Pleroo? No, not God disciplining others, but I have first hand knowledge.
What I'm asking, Zero, is how you know it was punishment from God?

Old 11-07-2017, 09:35 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,816,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Chastised at times.

Never been punished?
What about by your own parents?
Did they ever punish(chastise) you
Rebuke
express sharp disapproval or criticism of (someone) because of their behavior or actions.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Rebuke
express sharp disapproval or criticism of (someone) because of their behavior or actions.
How has God expressed sharp disapproval of you, or criticized you?

Old 11-07-2017, 09:57 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,816,379 times
Quote:
How has God expressed sharp disapproval of you, or criticized you?
An example
A criticism from people about a given talent like art for instance.
The gift is obvious, but it takes refinement from the one who gave the gift for a person to grow.

So along comes a few people that want to use this gift because they have no such ability.
They eventually convince an artist to illustrate all manner of foul imaginings.
I imagine that artist would hear a sharp rebuke from the Lord.

The difference between a personal insult and constructive criticism seems to have been misunderstood quite a few times on this board.
So ill leave some examples.
Of all of the nonsense ive heard these says.
People cant call a spade a spade.

A non personal insult - "Well, you are entitled to your opinion, even though it is wrong!"

A personal insult - "Your opinion is not only wrong, but you are obviously a stupid moron who is too dumb to have an informed opinion, and so you should just shut up!"

Old 11-07-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I imagine that artist would hear a sharp rebuke from the Lord.
Have you ever literally heard a sharp rebuke from God? Or is it, as you said, that you imagined (assumed) something that happened to you was punishment from God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity