Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 09:34 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
well Jesus was !! and in the scripture which we are instructed to learn from .... Solomon and Paul clearly states.....

11 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction:

12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.

15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

and New testament says

Heb 12:1
¶
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Heb 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Heb 12:3
¶
For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Heb 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Heb 12:5
And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
Heb 12:6
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7
¶
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

so when he is asking you to do things you know ARE GOING TO HURT LIKE A SON OF A >>>> .. do it with your chin up..

There you go again....posting more "irrelevant scriptures", when you had all you do was say, "G-d is love".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 10:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
There you go again....posting more "irrelevant scriptures", when you had all you do was say, "G-d is love".
There you go again showing your ignorance, not knowing God acts ONLY in love, unless of cause in his dealings with you because you are chosen and special.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:06 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There you go again showing your ignorance, not knowing God acts ONLY in love, unless of cause in his dealings with you because you are chosen and special.

I don't doubt at all He acts only in love. My objection is to your defining it according to your own understanding and the exclusion of all aspects of it. Peace

Old 11-04-2017, 10:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
I don't doubt at all He acts only in love. My objection is to your defining it according to your own understanding and the exclusion of all aspects of it. Peace
What is my own understanding ? and what is yours? .. please keep it brief.

Old 11-05-2017, 03:41 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
Quote:
OH I notice that is the
"in thing" and PC thing to do.. boy done seen that crying shame !

Old 11-05-2017, 03:45 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
and special.
yes rbbi1 and I and pen and a few others... are special it seems .... we are his children and he proved it to us and we can explain to anyone what those verse in whole rest of the bible means.. not just the verse God is LOVE.. .. we have been to the wood shed and lived to tell about it .....and we know He is our Father and we are NOT his bastard children .. and we know that He is not just a bucket of sweet and savory finger lickin chicken that gives you good feelings in your belly or your heart heart heart.. just in time when you want the warm fuzzies ....

though occasionally he does do warm fuzzies and finger lickin chickin too.. he also does woodsheds... just like all other good daddies and you too will live and be better and wiser for it. if you ain't getting the full spa treatment and if you haven't been the room that is 7 times hotter aka
"the wood shed" or the Shadrache Messiach and Abendigo room.....this is where all that hay wood and stubble gets dealt with....it is for his most special children !! especially like the ones who get eaten by giant fishes just think what that fish guts did to Jonah's complexion, I bet his skin was soft after that..!
It was Jesus who washed the disciples feet after all... Jhn 13:8
¶
Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
Jhn 13:9
¶
Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.

( can you see it now all those massage parlors in Jesus name? just give it time )
( rbbi1 can you guess I just watched miss congeniality last night ? .. it is one of my favorites for some belly laughing ) I also watched Ghost busters and THOr doing a dumb blond secretary was priceless, he had just way to much fun with that roll )

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-05-2017 at 04:41 PM..

Old 11-07-2017, 06:51 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I have never been punished by God, my entire life!!(brought up earlier here)
I have created messes.
I have reaped what I've sown!!! Oh my! When I was a younger and rebellious!
It was exactly equal to what I'd done bad. And it was as clear as day!

And now I am also reaping ...all good stuff.
I can only speak for myself ...when I really want to say 'We'...so
I create everything that happens to me...I know
I am being paid back from some past life, because no way could all this incredible stuff have
been because of what I'm doing now!
It's like the lottery now.

It's the System that is set up...'What goes around, comes around', period....like a boomerrang.
No punishment...no true 'gifts' from God or the Universe...it's what we deserve...and have thought.
Thought, word and deed....and beliefs.
Believe good comes to you...it does...think and say it never will...it won't.

But punishment from God...no way Jose.

Comments?
I agree, we reap what we sow but sometimes He intervenes, to give us a growth nudge. It's called the wood shed. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Revelation 3:19

Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:00 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I agree, we reap what we sow but sometimes He intervenes, to give us a growth nudge. It's called the wood shed. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Revelation 3:19

Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.
You obviously did not literally see God spanking someone, so what made you think God was punishing anyone?

Old 11-07-2017, 08:07 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You obviously did not literally see God spanking someone, so what made you think God was punishing anyone?
Scriptures teaches that God does punish unrighteous people in due time which is why certain people mask their hate towards the Bible.

When Jesus says about the unbeliever (which includes those who reject the truth after knowing it):
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment," ~ Jesus

“The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the
master wants will be beaten with many blows.

But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows."
~ Jesus

The truth is this:
"...the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment."

Last edited by twin.spin; 11-07-2017 at 08:32 AM..

Old 11-07-2017, 08:10 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Scriptures teaches that God does punish people...
Good morning, Twin. I didn't ask him what the bible says. I asked him what he saw with his own eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity