Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 01:00 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Don't tell me what I am or am not. And I never said anything at all about Jesus acting arbitrarily. You're creating false issues. By the way, both the Father and the Lamb (Jesus) display their wrath (judgment) in Revelation 6:16-17.

You are purposely avoiding addressing and acknowledging that you have been shown scripture that God knows ahead of time of future evil and does not prevent it.

And Jesus is both fully God and fully man. While as God He is omniscient, as a man Jesus could be ignorant of things and have to learn about them. If you had any knowledge and understanding of the doctrines of the Hypostatic union of Jesus and kenosis you would know this.
No, you aren't are Trinitarian. A Trinitarian believes in ONE God who is both Father, Son, and brother (Holy Spirit).

You have made your god in your own image. A god of the OT who can be arbitrary, immoral and evil by bashing the heads of infants on the rocks and being happy. It fits your anger mode.

On occasion you have had a god who shows up with mercy and kindness as Jesus did.

The holy spirit god is the one cheering you on whichever god you think fits your own purpose.

You are correct in that Jesus is both fully God and fully man--so don't turn Him into TWO.

My God is ALWAYS Goodness and never excuses me for not being like the only manifestation He felt necessary to send to the human race---Jesus.

Kenosis is emptying of oneself, as GOD did in His manifestation as Jesus. If He wanted us to have received a different God, He would have come on a chariot swinging a fiery sword--the god of your anger. Why did He come and bashed ONLY religious people who had an angry god? Those were the only ones Jesus ever verbally assaulted---those who put an angry god ahead of the needs of his creations.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

He keeps complaining our God did not prevent the tragedy, but clearly his god also failed to prevent it. Does that make sense to you?
Having eyes you cannot see and ears but cannot hear.

My God DID NOT KNOW that one of His creations would murder innocent people. Yours did because you have an uncaring god who would allow such things to happen when you yourself would probably have been moral enough to at least provide a warning!! No?

My God wound the clock up, knowing the ultimate answer, but not the specific details. Knowing some might accept Him, but not knowing whom or when.

And my God weeps for you.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
God is not divided. Your problem is that you have to put God in a box that is subject to your understanding.

Jesus did not pray to Himself... He prayed to the Father in heaven. The Father in heaven is the true God - as Jesus said.

Here are both issues answered in one part of His prayer.

John 17:1-3 - Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, 2 even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. 3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
If God were not divided, and He is not, then He COULD pray to Himself, much in the way or worldly royalty referring to themselves as "WE" when speaking to others. Because God speaks for all His creation. Your very first lines indicate you believe in TWO gods. You haven't had the holy spirit reveal this to you, but rather have allowed denominational doctrine influence you.

The Cross itself is the judgment seat on which Jesus sits, indicting and condemning the system of the world even while forgiving and saving the people of the world.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:19 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
No, you aren't are Trinitarian. A Trinitarian believes in ONE God who is both Father, Son, and brother (Holy Spirit).

You have made your god in your own image. A god of the OT who can be arbitrary, immoral and evil by bashing the heads of infants on the rocks and being happy. It fits your anger mode.

On occasion you have had a god who shows up with mercy and kindness as Jesus did.

The holy spirit god is the one cheering you on whichever god you think fits your own purpose.

You are correct in that Jesus is both fully God and fully man--so don't turn Him into TWO.

My God is ALWAYS Goodness and never excuses me for not being like the only manifestation He felt necessary to send to the human race---Jesus.

Kenosis is emptying of oneself, as GOD did in His manifestation as Jesus. If He wanted us to have received a different God, He would have come on a chariot swinging a fiery sword--the god of your anger. Why did He come and bashed ONLY religious people who had an angry god? Those were the only ones Jesus ever verbally assaulted---those who put an angry god ahead of the needs of his creations.
As I said, there is one God in three persons. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit by the way is never called the brother in the Bible. Yes, I am a Trinitarian.

You are the one attempting to make God into a god you can accept. And again, you are ignoring the scriptures (see post #90) which have been shown to you in which God knows of acts of evil before they happen and does not prevent those acts from happening which means that He allows it. And no matter how much you deny it and can't accept it, that is what the Bible says about it.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:28 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Having eyes you cannot see and ears but cannot hear.
That seems to describe the issues with your god.

Quote:
My God DID NOT KNOW that one of His creations would murder innocent people.
See what I mean. Not knowing, not hearing and not seeing what is going on in his universe would certainly explain why he has not done anything about it.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
nor does it make any sense to squeal about Matthew 25 resulting in an eternal comeuppance which has an imposing will from Jesus but then to think it's mocking UR should
"every knee bow before me" ~ Isaiah 45:23 OT God \ Romans 14:11 NT God
isn't imposing a will on the adamant atheist\agnostic or on the evolved spirit's selective agape love.
Jesus was speaking to supposed Christians at the end of Matthew 25 who felt they knew God but could not abide with LIVING like Jesus as merciful and loving in providing food, shelter, clothing for those with none.

Romans 14:11
It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the LORD, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'

Jame 2:19
You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!

Titus 2:13
Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Hebrews 1:8
But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.

I Cor. 8:4
Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.

John 20:28

Thomas answered Him, 'My Lord and my God!"

Is Jesus God or not? And if He is God, then how can a house be divided?

Mark 3:24-25

If a kingdom is divided against itself, it cannot stand. If a house is divided against itself, it cannot stand.

How can a god be both immoral and moral? God cannot. He is always moral and none of us are more moral than him. Yet you persist in believing YOU can be more moral than God because YOU would have warned those in Sutherland Springs but your god does not need to be as moral as you. That is a divided god. Not ONE God.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
That seems to describe the issues with your god.

See what I mean. Not knowing, not hearing and not seeing what is going on in his universe would certainly explain why he has not done anything about it.
Tell us why you are more moral than your god? Would you NOT have warned the people of Sutherland Springs? If you would not then you would consider yourself as moral as your god.

You don't have ONE God, you have one for any mood that suits you.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:41 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:

He keeps complaining our God did not prevent the tragedy, but clearly his god also failed to prevent it. Does that make sense to you?
of course it does
it is a provocation that has everyone assisting warden in hijacking the thread.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
As I said, there is one God in three persons. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit by the way is never called the brother in the Bible. Yes, I am a Trinitarian.

You are the one attempting to make God into a god you can accept. And again, you are ignoring the scriptures (see post #90) which have been shown to you in which God knows of acts of evil before they happen and does not prevent those acts from happening which means that He allows it. And no matter how much you deny it and can't accept it, that is what the Bible says about it.
You have at least TWO gods. One who can be immoral when it suits his purpose. You have made YOUR god into one you can accept and because you have YOU are always right.

In my case I cannot always live up to the standards of a single God of Goodness. I sin---with anger sometimes. But you cannot because your god is like you--angry or kind, whatever suits his fancy.

Who cares what the Holy Spirit is "called" in the Bible. It's what the Holy Spirit CALLS us to BE that is important. And the HS does not call us to be vengeful, hateful, uncaring, unsympathetic as your OT version of god sometimes appears.

You delivered a message to the people of Sutherland Springs that was much like or POTUS to the wife of a deceased shoulder---"You knew what you were getting into."

They KNEW that the god they worshiped would be arbitrary and make them suffer?

See any of my posts which clearly indicates that Jesus IS the God that is revealed to mankind---and His only anger was only at false religionists who could make excuses for both their god and themselves for believing him to be arbitrary in following the "letter" of the Law.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
of course it does
it is a provocation that has everyone assisting warden in hijacking the thread.
When your faith reaches the low level of Finn's you may have a chance of moving on to higher spiritual ground.

I move on to more worldly things at this point--meaning I must be somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity