Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 09:12 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I just came back to this thread ...I thought the subject was as clear as day:
"Prayers for those grieving in Sutherland Springs"

I'm not getting this....shouldn't a New Thread be started to simply discuss what is being talked about here...Did God know, did He allow it, etc?
Prayers? I'm not seeing any, guys.
Scriptures teach that Jesus said there is a right way and a wrong way to make intercessions.
The Bible teaches that Jesus said that the correct way is the unseen way:
God "who sees what is done in secret, will reward you".

“And when you pray
, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others."

So prayers for those grieving in Sutherland Springs are in fact being done as the OP is asking for ... just that some of us aren't praying on the CD street corner for your approval.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:26 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
I sometimes wondered if when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and all those people were instantly killed, if other people who knew about it, maybe in surrounding cities, mourned and grieved for all the dead afterwards.

If a city was destroyed by such a thing in modern times, I guarantee, LOTS of people would be mourning and grieving, just like they do with mass shootings and natural disasters, anytime lives are lost.

Somehow I dont think God would have liked anyone to mourn S&G, as he was the one who did it, so mourning their loss would be demonizing the act in the process.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:27 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Scriptures teach that Jesus said there is a right way and a wrong way to make intercessions.

“And when you pray
, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others."

So prayers for those grieving in Sutherland Springs are in fact being done as the OP is asking for ... just that some of us aren't praying on the CD street corner for your approval.

Good point.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:48 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I sometimes wondered if when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and all those people were instantly killed, if other people who knew about it, maybe in surrounding cities, mourned and grieved for all the dead afterwards.

If a city was destroyed by such a thing in modern times, I guarantee, LOTS of people would be mourning and grieving, just like they do with mass shootings and natural disasters, anytime lives are lost.

Somehow I dont think God would have liked anyone to mourn S&G, as he was the one who did it, so mourning their loss would be demonizing the act in the process.
your wrong if you think God did not mourn S and G.. you bet he did ... it is the reason he did that " if there be 10 righteous ..." debate with Abraham.. because he wished he could have somehow could have saved them. if Abraham could give him any reason too save it , he would have. but no one could find even a reason. that is how bad it was... so bad those men would have tried to raped angels.. that is bad. to have so little respect for the holy, for Good, or for the innocent .
you bet he mourned just like he mourned Israel on his last night knowing what would be someday and at the end of time....he would have protected them first, now he can't , they don't want him too . They did not make him king or give him his rights to that land.. . so He is forced to take it legally by other legal rights.
not through king David's line but through his materlineal inheritance which is older then Israel. now he has to Save that family first.. Them by which he gains his inheritance to that land.

what he would appreciate while we mourn these losses is that we repent ( if my people will......) and give him right to our lands so that he can protect.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-08-2017 at 10:08 AM..

Old 11-08-2017, 09:56 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Somehow I dont think God would have liked anyone to mourn S&G, as he was the one who did it, so mourning their loss would be demonizing the act in the process
You would have at least thought God had the courtesy to say" They got was coming to them so don't mourn or grieve over them, just let it be a warning to you all that you don't mess with me".

Old 11-08-2017, 12:23 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Jesus didn't know everything about the future Himself? You really think G-d didn't know where Adam was or what had happened? WHO is this G-d you claim to know? It's sure not the One I know both in word and Spirit. You've gone so far off the rails trying to present a "new and improved gospel" so you can exalt yourself, you can't even see the two of them anymore. Sad. Peace
You have a willful god, just as does Mike555. Mine is one of Goodness. A willful god who refuses to rescue his own worshipers is far more destructive and immoral than those who worship that willful god. You are deceived by a willful god.

The God of Goodness set everything in motion and watches hopefully for His children to respond RESPONSIBLY. A willful god cannot change what he has already set in motion and "predetermined." But even the Scripture you worship states HE DID change His mind on occasion and HE DID sometimes have to ask questions of His children even as He did in the Garden.

Unless the world is brought to a screeching halt by God Himself or mankind's foolish waste of creation's resources we will soon know the truth. Already scientists have proven that a single proton can be sent back in time. With the intelligence God has given us--and expects us to use to become more moral rather than be trapped in the past---mankind may one day be able to observe the past.

Quote:
Scientists from the University of Queensland, Australia, have used single particles of light (photons) to simulate quantum particles travelling through time. They showed that one photon can pass through a wormhole and then interact with its older self. Their findings were published in Nature Communications.

The source of this time travel conundrum comes from what are called “closed timelike curves” (CTC). CTCs are used to simulate extremely powerful gravitational fields, like the ones produced by a spinning black hole, and could, theoretically (based on Einstein’s theory of general relativity), warp the fabric of existence so that spacetime bends back on itself – thus creating a CTC, almost like a path that could be used to travel back in time.
----------
“We choose to examine a phenomenon which is impossible, absolutely impossible, to explain in any classical way, and which has in it the heart of quantum mechanics. In reality, it contains the only mystery.” – Richard Feynman, a Nobel laureate of the twentieth century
Physicists Send Particles Of Light Into The Past, Proving Time Travel Is Possible? – Collective Evolution

The only mystery---must be GOD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUy3yaSd9b0

Old 11-08-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

“And when you pray

I agreed with you up until you got ugly about it in your last sentence. A first on the agreement part, but boringly repetitious on the ugly part.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:33 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You have a willful god, just as does Mike555. Mine is one of Goodness. A willful god who refuses to rescue his own worshipers is far more destructive and immoral than those who worship that willful god. You are deceived by a willful god.

The God of Goodness set everything in motion and watches hopefully for His children to respond RESPONSIBLY. A willful god cannot change what he has already set in motion and "predetermined." But even the Scripture you worship states HE DID change His mind on occasion and HE DID sometimes have to ask questions of His children even as He did in the Garden.

Unless the world is brought to a screeching halt by God Himself or mankind's foolish waste of creation's resources we will soon know the truth. Already scientists have proven that a single proton can be sent back in time. With the intelligence God has given us--and expects us to use to become more moral rather than be trapped in the past---mankind may one day be able to observe the past.

Physicists Send Particles Of Light Into The Past, Proving Time Travel Is Possible? – Collective Evolution

He didn't ask the questions because He didn't know the answers; if G-d didn't know something, then He wouldn't BE G-d, that's just absurd in the extreme but shows the level of the destruction of your faith you've managed to achieve with looking under every manmade rock for answers.

ADAM needed to be faced with the answers. Seriously, how much more in your image are you going to make Him before you're done? He's already a liar, destructive, immoral, willful (whatever that means), barbaric, doesn't heal, doesn't speak, doesn't answer prayers, doesn't hear. Sounds like a god of wood and stone to me. Peace

Old 11-08-2017, 12:55 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUy3yaSd9b0
You seem unable to face reality and to apply logic. Evil exists. God does not prevent it. Therefore He allows it. He not only allowed evil to enter into the world in the first place, but He allows it to exist throughout the course of human history. While He restrains it from getting out of hand, God permits evil to exist in human history as a part of the spiritual warfare which rages though out human history. As long as Satan is the god of this age, and as long as man has a sin nature, both sin and evil will exist. God's plan calls for the final elimination of evil, but not for the termination of it during human history.

God permits evil to exist in human history. Get over it.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You seem unable to face reality and to apply logic. Evil exists. God does not prevent it. Therefore He allows it. He not only allowed evil to enter into the world in the first place, but He allows it to exist throughout the course of human history. While He restrains it from getting out of hand, God permits evil to exist in human history as a part of the spiritual warfare which rages though out human history. As long as Satan is the god of this age, and as long as man has a sin nature, both sin and evil will exist. God's plan calls for the final elimination of evil, but not for the termination of it during human history.

God permits evil to exist in human history. Get over it.
God's primary attribute is Goodness. People are NOT more moral than that God. People, in general, would NOT allow such an evil to happen as did in Sutherland Springs if they knew it would happen. Therefore you have a god who is less moral than a majority of people.

Get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity