Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 06:36 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
In the beginning was the word/outer court
The word was with G-d/Emmanuel/G-d with us/inner court
And the word was G-d/Holy of Holies

Jesus prayed that we would be made one even as His Father and He were one. They were one as a head and body were one, exactly the way He taught about Him and His body. But the Head is not the body, nor is the body the head. The Seed Son is Christ, every son bears fruit after His own kind, and the Father is Spirit, and therefore the Son was Spirit (and soul) encased in a flesh robe, thus fulfilling the law of the seed, in which the opposite of this pattern is an abomination (mingled seed). Peace
I have no problem believing in Father/Son and head/body. They are still one though just like you are one person with a head and a body. Maybe we just can't comprehend it, our minds are finite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 06:43 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'd pay top dollar to see the look on your face when you get your first glimpse.
I would say ditto in your case, but I really don't want to be where you will be (assuming no spiritual changes occur).

Old 11-10-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So, how do you guys feel about the OP? Looking forward to heaven?
I agreed w/ your OP. Post 9.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:55 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I have no problem believing in Father/Son and head/body. They are still one though just like you are one person with a head and a body. Maybe we just can't comprehend it, our minds are finite.

I think that's a good possibility. This may be as close as we ever get to understanding it on this side of the veil. Peace

Old 11-10-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
John 8:58

“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

Or John 1...In the beginning was the Word and the word was with God and the word WAS GOD.

Pretty clear to my simple mind God came in the flesh to save us. Not complicated.
Thank you. I am getting nonsense from Pcamps.

I agree that Jesus possessed the fullness of deity while on the earth, before He came to earth, and after He left earth.

But He also tells us that everything He has was given to Him by the only True God.

John 5:26-27 - "For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; 27 and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.

John 17:1-4 - Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, 2 even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. 3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 "I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do.

The Son of God has life and authority given to Him by God the Father. The Father gave Him work to do on the earth.

I am not saying Jesus should be diminished in any way... I am just accurately describing the relationship between the Father and Son... two separate beings operating in complete unity (three with the Holy Spirit).

Old 11-10-2017, 07:32 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I would say ditto in your case, but I really don't want to be where you will be (assuming no spiritual changes occur).
Gee, a judgmental fundie.

Who'da thunk it?

Old 11-10-2017, 07:34 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
A pastor friend of mine posted this on Facebook. What do you think, my fellow Christians? I share his sentiment.

With every passing day I find myself falling more out of love with the world as it exists now and more in love with the world to come.

Hebrews 13

14 For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the city which is to come.
It means that we recognize that this world is not the final destination. We have a citizenship in God's kingdom, and we will leave this world and go there someday. We should live as though we were visiting this earth.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:35 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Gee, a judgmental fundie.

Who'da thunk it?
You're surprised when you treat people like crap that they actually give a response in kind?

Old 11-10-2017, 07:41 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You're surprised when you treat people like crap that they actually give a response in kind?
Oh, hi fanboy!

Old 11-10-2017, 08:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Thank you. I am getting nonsense from Pcamps.

I agree that Jesus possessed the fullness of deity while on the earth, before He came to earth, and after He left earth.

But He also tells us that everything He has was given to Him by the only True God.

John 5:26-27 - "For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; 27 and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.

John 17:1-4 - Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, 2 even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. 3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 "I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do.

The Son of God has life and authority given to Him by God the Father. The Father gave Him work to do on the earth.

I am not saying Jesus should be diminished in any way... I am just accurately describing the relationship between the Father and Son... two separate beings operating in complete unity (three with the Holy Spirit).
So you believe because Jesus did not proclaim himself but left that to the scriptures AND his Father that is nonsense ? That is the only point I have made by using your bible that you claim you believe. When John the Baptist sent disciples to ask Jesus if he was the messiah, he did not tea of cause I am, he said go and tell John what you see and hear, then he will know if I am or not.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-10-2017 at 10:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity