Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2017, 02:30 PM

32 posts, read 15,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Pad What concealed state? Making a present for someone to remind them of the Savior has nothing to do with the occult. If it is spending too much money for Christmas presents one cannot afford to give, then you have a point.

So you would never wish to accept a Christmas present? Just because someone wanted to give you one? No strings attached, just a present. To show that Christ resides within.

Jesus said he is with the poor in spirit. He is also with those who lack in material goods because who needs a bunch of stuff that breaks down in 3 months from cheap production lines. See, practicality matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
lily pad,
thats an elegant name,..
seems to me someone had grown attached to a certain species of tree.
certain conifers are splendid in that the Creator gave them an endurable quality to withstand the cold.
Their roots are also capable of even clinging to the hardest ground. Quite amazing really how they are able to draw nutrients from such a neglected environment.

i could talk about trees all day.

So what amount of honest charity goes into giving a gift..?
I don't know, do you ever give birthday gifts? I think that Autumn is beautiful with all of its leaves. To me, those are gifts, and I believe a lily pad loves frogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 03:31 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It is NOT a sin to celebrate our Savior’s birth. The heavenly host rejoiced, the shepherds rejoiced and the magi rejoiced. Most Christians do the same. (Matt. 2 and Luke 2)
This.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:11 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Jeesh! Are will still talking about this?

Old 11-18-2017, 05:15 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
We're still talking about Halloween!

But wait--no Thanksgiving thread yet.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
We're still talking about Halloween!

But wait--no Thanksgiving thread yet.
Is it a sin to have lamb for thanksgiving?.We have it at our house every thanksgiving

Old 11-18-2017, 06:27 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
That's what I was thinking. This thread has veered off into all kinds of directions, and taken on a life of its own.

And yet, the OP is long gone. Hey GrinchHasCome2017, we agree with you now. It is a sin. You won! LOL And since we're all sinners, it won't be surprising that we will celebrate it yet again this year. Pass the red and green eggnog.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:28 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Is it a sin to have lamb for thanksgiving?.We have it at our house every thanksgiving
Since I didn't get an invite, the answer is YES!!

On the other hand, I am going to the home of the parents of my son's Jewish girlfriend, so I won't get ham. I thought lamb was Passover, so maybe I get turkey instead of something new and daring --- like duck or goose? I don't know. I'll paraphrase Paul---"I have learned that iwith whatsoever dinner I'll be served, therewith to be content!

Yes, it's time for the moderator to shut this down as it no longer appears to be about the "sin" of Christmas but has moved toward the all too frequent "sin" of Thanksgiving------gluttony!

Old 11-19-2017, 04:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Since I didn't get an invite, the answer is YES!!

On the other hand, I am going to the home of the parents of my son's Jewish girlfriend, so I won't get ham. I thought lamb was Passover, so maybe I get turkey instead of something new and daring --- like duck or goose? I don't know. I'll paraphrase Paul---"I have learned that iwith whatsoever dinner I'll be served, therewith to be content!

Yes, it's time for the moderator to shut this down as it no longer appears to be about the "sin" of Christmas but has moved toward the all too frequent "sin" of Thanksgiving------gluttony!

Old 11-19-2017, 06:51 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
This is what the nativity scene must have looked like back then why Mary couldnt find a room Just look at all these people excited about the Saviors birth, isnt this what the season is all about.
You basically said these people look excited about Jesus birth. ah... you don't see anything wrong with those pictures? If Jesus was here on Earth today, would he really have approve this, even if it was his “birthdate?” Yeah right... Jesus can't wait to get that TV the woman was holding! There was nothing there that spoke Jesus!, It's was all about me! A chaotic scene of disorderly humans, who by their actions could have cause harm to each other, As well as a fight breaking out. Jehovah God's word says this...(1Cor.14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order). This is one of the reasons why Jehovah God and Jesus does NOT approve of man believe to be right. I don't see anything GODLY from those pictures. But I can surely see acts from only one being...satan!

This is the “season of giving?” , not from those pictures! it Seems more like a "I seen it first!" or "no it's mine!" And I can believe some of them calls themselves a “Christian.” sad, loving the things of this dying world, instead of Jehovah God and Jesus. brings MANY great Joy, we better stop! (1John 2:15-17 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever).

and as far as the "nativity scene", there's no way Jehovah God would have allowed that type of chaos around his child!, believe that! peace

Old 11-19-2017, 07:04 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
That's what I was thinking. This thread has veered off into all kinds of directions, and taken on a life of its own. And yet, the OP is long gone. .
maybe many, now come to respond to questions directed to their responses. or just respond to what others had to say, that happens a lot in forums, that's what i usually do. usually if i see a topic i haven't seen and it's less than two weeks old. i would PM them, explaining why I'm just responding to their thread. and that i assume that they check their inbox on occasions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity