Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2017, 06:29 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Only according to you. You are not the last word on what is of God and what isn’t. Like I have already said, who are you to judge those that by faith celebrate the birth of Christ on the 25th December. I am certain in myself that he wasn’t, but that does not mean I have to make a judgement on it how you do. It really wouldn’t matter to me if Christmas never existed, but it does and I will join in the celebration knowing that I am free from condemnation by doing so.

And who are you to judge those who don't?

And I didn't make the judgment on it, He did, when He explained faith and works, in His word you prefer to "freestyle" swim through. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 06:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And who are you to judge those who don't?

And I didn't make the judgment on it, He did, when He explained faith and works, in His word you prefer to "freestyle" swim through. Peace
Yes you did you said it is not of the Spirit of God I am not judging you, go and celebrate your Passover and all the other festivals that you boast you celebrate, but stop judging those that celebrate festivals that you don’t celebrate.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Yes you did you said it is not of the Spirit of God I am not judging you, go and celebrate your Passover and all the other festivals that you boast you celebrate, but stop judging those that celebrate festivals that you don’t celebrate.

Here's what I originally said...

" Good. Now maybe you can separate out the motive of the heart, from the works. True, He looks at the motive of the heart, but He also said faith (motive of the heart) without works (His), is dead, or death producing. The works are from a different spirit. "

Now if the works are wrong, then what do you have faith in, seeing how one is the root and one is the fruit and they can't be "separated" without being death producing? Ducking and dodging and calling it "judging" after the flesh, doesn't relieve you of the responsibility for knowing what is right and doing it, since we are held accountable for what we know. Peace

Old 11-23-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Here's what I originally said...

" Good. Now maybe you can separate out the motive of the heart, from the works. True, He looks at the motive of the heart, but He also said faith (motive of the heart) without works (His), is dead, or death producing. The works are from a different spirit. "

Now if the works are wrong, then what do you have faith in, seeing how one is the root and one is the fruit and they can't be "separated" without being death producing? Ducking and dodging and calling it "judging" after the flesh, doesn't relieve you of the responsibility for knowing what is right and doing it, since we are held accountable for what we know. Peace
Faith is nothing to do with the motive of the heart(that sounds so liberalism).God responds to faith.

Therefore I say unto you, Whatever it is you desire, "when you pray", believe that you receive them, and you shall have them. In other words believe you "have" what you ask for "when">>> you pray. Mark Chapter 11 verse 24

Old 11-23-2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Faith is nothing to do with the motive of the heart(that sounds so liberalism).God responds to faith.

Therefore I say unto you, Whatever it is you desire, "when you pray", believe that you receive them, and you shall have them. In other words believe you "have" what you ask for "when">>> you pray. Mark Chapter 11 verse 24

Oh yes it does, it has everything to do with the motive of the heart, because works come from what is in the heart, and faith is in the heart, be in faith in Him and His word or faith in something else. Which is why we build up our MOST HOLY FAITH by praying in the Spirit, which comes out of the new heart, which comes with a new motive, and new works, the works of the Spirit. Peace

Old 11-23-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Oh yes it does, it has everything to do with the motive of the heart, because works come from what is in the heart, and faith is in the heart, be in faith in Him and His word or faith in something else. Which is why we build up our MOST HOLY FAITH by praying in the Spirit, which comes out of the new heart, which comes with a new motive, and new works, the works of the Spirit. Peace
No it does not, God responds to faith, ask Abraham..... Works are the evidence you have faith. Jesus said unto him, If you can believe, all things are possible to him that believes That is it, nothing to do with motives, symbolism, understanding mysteries, believing the bible is the infallible word of god or any other condition you want to place on it. Just be careful what you believe for.

Charle Blondin story

The amazing story of Charles Blondin, a famous French tightrope walker, is a wonderful illustration of what true faith is.

Blondin's greatest fame came on September 14, 1860, when he became the first person to cross a tightrope stretched 11,000 feet (over a quarter of a mile) across the mighty Niagara Falls. People from both Canada and America came from miles away to see this great feat.

He walked across, 160 feet above the falls, several times... each time with a different daring feat - once in a sack, on stilts, on a bicycle, in the dark, and blindfolded. One time he even carried a stove and cooked an omelet in the middle of the rope!

A large crowd gathered and the buzz of excitement ran along both sides of the river bank. The crowd “Oohed and Aahed!” as Blondin carefully walked across - one dangerous step after another - pushing a wheelbarrow holding a sack of potatoes.

Then a one point, he asked for the participation of a volunteer. Upon reaching the other side, the crowd's applause was louder than the roar of the falls!

Blondin suddenly stopped and addressed his audience: "Do you believe I can carry a person across in this wheelbarrow?"

The crowd enthusiastically yelled, "Yes! You are the greatest tightrope walker in the world. We believe!"

"Okay," said Blondin, "Who wants to get into the wheelbarrow."

As far as the Blondin story goes, no one did at the time!

Old 11-23-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
No it does not, God responds to faith, ask Abraham..... Works are the evidence you have faith. Jesus said unto him, If you can believe, all things are possible to him that believes That is it, nothing to do with motives, symbolism, understanding mysteries, believing the bible is the infallible word of god or any other condition you want to place on it. Just be careful what you believe for.

He also said if you pray anything ACCORDING TO HIS WILL (the motive of the heart), it will be given to you. His word is His will revealed. Again, faith is in the heart, put there by Him, and the works come out of that. As I said, one is the root, one is the fruit. Peace

Old 11-23-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
He also said if you pray anything ACCORDING TO HIS WILL (the motive of the heart), it will be given to you. His word is His will revealed. Again, faith is in the heart, put there by Him, and the works come out of that. As I said, one is the root, one is the fruit. Peace
His will is his kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven(Jesus actually taught us to pray this). The whole of nature knows the will of God, bible fundamentalists like yourself in unbelief have no idea.

Old 11-23-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
His will is his kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven(Jesus actually taught us to pray this). The whole of nature knows the will of God, bible fundamentalists like yourself in unbelief have no idea.
Who's steeped in unbelief? It's not ME. And this is exactly what I'm talking about, although it 's His kingdom coming IN earth (yours) as it is in heaven. What was His will in heaven? To kick Satan (root) out; and so it is to be in your earth, too. Let the HG deal with the roots, eliminate the fruits. Peace

Old 11-23-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Who's steeped in unbelief? It's not ME. And this is exactly what I'm talking about, although it 's His kingdom coming IN earth (yours) as it is in heaven. What was His will in heaven? To kick Satan (root) out; and so it is to be in your earth, too. Let the HG deal with the roots, eliminate the fruits. Peace
Yes you are. The Kingdom is abundant life and Jesus brought that kingdom to earth in all its fullness. All the books of the world could not contain all that he did being the representative of all that it is on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity