Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2017, 12:14 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I don't celebrate Christmas but not because of religious reasons. It's because Christmas is for kids. I feel sorry for children caught up in fanatical ideology that robs them of the joy of opening presents under a Christmas tree on Christmas morning. Imagine going to school and having to tell the other kids that you didn't get anything for Christmas because a religious belief that gift giving offends some vengeful god.

I found it quite entertaining that our Hindu friends have a Christmas tree and gifts for their five year old. To her it's just another holiday in addition to the many her Hindu parents celebrate. It has nothing to do with their many gods nor the Christian's one god. She's just being a kid and rightfully so.

Kids get a present a day during Hanukah; they don't feel robbed at all. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 12:22 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I don't celebrate Christmas but not because of religious reasons. It's because Christmas is for kids. I feel sorry for children caught up in fanatical ideology that robs them of the joy of opening presents under a Christmas tree on Christmas morning. Imagine going to school and having to tell the other kids that you didn't get anything for Christmas because a religious belief that gift giving offends some vengeful god.

I found it quite entertaining that our Hindu friends have a Christmas tree and gifts for their five year old. To her it's just another holiday in addition to the many her Hindu parents celebrate. It has nothing to do with their many gods nor the Christian's one god. She's just being a kid and rightfully so.

You seem very confused as to the reality of it all. The world-centuries ago added pagan practices off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21)-- this is the reality of what parents are handing to their own children. By satan and his teachers transforming into an angel of light.( 2Cor 11:12-15)-- its been just about his #1 tool since the start.

Old 11-25-2017, 12:29 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Yes, they may say Happy Birthday to Jesus, but do they realize that Jesus is set to take action to those who are not honoring him by their lifestyle? Further, as you say, when Jesus was on the earth, did he ever celebrate his birthday with family and friends? Or any other birthdays, including those of his family and disciples? I would imagine if he did, God would have let us know through the pages of the Bible.
Yes, I'm sure if it is so honored a day as it is today that they would not have missed the necessity to instruct us to honor it also.

Old 11-25-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You seem very confused as to the reality of it all. The world-centuries ago added pagan practices off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21)-- this is the reality of what parents are handing to their own children. By satan and his teachers transforming into an angel of light.( 2Cor 11:12-15)-- its been just about his #1 tool since the start.

Sad but true....Peace

Old 11-25-2017, 12:34 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Birthdays and weddings are the Joy of Life.

Only a wicked heartless counsel would drive a person to curse the day they were born, in any form of meaning.
A person is born under the stain and also the curse of the sin of Adam, and that curse is the condemnation of toil and death. Jesus was not under the condemnation because He was born of the virgin and therefore not of the seed of Adam per the spirit but only by the flesh. Therefore, He was fit to redeem us by putting on His Life.

Old 11-25-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Yes, I'm sure if it is so honored a day as it is today that they would not have missed the necessity to instruct us to honor it also.

You would think it would have merited at least one scripture, wouldn't you? I mean given half the world is gaga over it and spend billions of dollars on it, yet G-d is silent about it. Odd how these things happen, isn't it? Peace

Old 11-25-2017, 12:40 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
This is what we do at Christmas.

Luke 2

8 In the same region there were some shepherds staying out in the fields and keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; 11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” 13 And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.”

Old 11-25-2017, 12:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post

Old 11-25-2017, 12:52 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
This is what we do at Christmas.

Luke 2

8 In the same region there were some shepherds staying out in the fields and keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; 11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” 13 And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.”
A winter birth just seems to be unaccountable.
Though there is a peculiar specific in the verses concerning Miriam (mary)
Purification: how many days would this be.

And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;

Leviticus 12King James Version (KJV)

12 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.

3 And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

4 And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:16 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Sins = All the killings of one another in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity