Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2017, 08:34 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Pad View Post
Christmas is a sin, but not rude behavior that will do anything to make a win. A win is when they dominate every conversation with the same sort of talk heard in an mental ward, where they will tell you there is something wrong with you, never them. For you are required to abstain while they may continue with a sleight of hand everywhere they go. But that's the imagination again, your fault for detecting it. Surely, it has to be too many drugs. They always have to spoil every good thing for everyone else.
I agree, well said. I really dislike it when people have the audacity to judge others concerning such things.
They make it seem like their walk with God is going around with a loud mouth saying God hates this, that, and the other. I know in my heart what pure religion is. It's in the book of James.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 09:10 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,138,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, you can not inadvertently celebrate anything you do not intend to celebrate. That is determined by what is in your mind, NOT what you are doing. When it is about God or Jesus, God has no doubt whatsoever what is in your mind.
True. I have Muslim and Indian friends that do Christmas for the gift part, but say they leave the religious part out of it. It would be odd to tell the they are inadvertently celebrating Jesus by doing XMas, eventhough they said they would leave Jesus out of it and say you are celebrating Jesus birthday and taking part of Christianity by buying gifts and decorating your house.

I know the argument is XMas is a rebagded holiday of pagan sungod worship and if we are honest, most of the customs are still there and renamed, but unless you are praying to Nimrod, Baal or whatever other made up idol god, you cant worship another idol god by mistake unless you are going out of your way to do the customs and your intention is to worship that god with it.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:35 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
True. I have Muslim and Indian friends that do Christmas for the gift part, but say they leave the religious part out of it. It would be odd to tell the they are inadvertently celebrating Jesus by doing XMas, eventhough they said they would leave Jesus out of it and say you are celebrating Jesus birthday and taking part of Christianity by buying gifts and decorating your house.

I know the argument is XMas is a rebagded holiday of pagan sungod worship and if we are honest, most of the customs are still there and renamed, but unless you are praying to Nimrod, Baal or whatever other made up idol god, you cant worship another idthrough the worlds many false religions and celebrations.ol god by mistake unless you are going out of your way to do the customs and your intention is to worship that god with it.

Worship has 0 to do with it. Partaking off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21) has everything to do with it. God says one cannot partake of that table and his table--many are trying. These--Matthew 7:22-23-- I believe satan beat 99% living today-centuries ago. LOOK world.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Worship has 0 to do with it. Partaking off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21) has everything to do with it. God says one cannot partake of that table and his table--many are trying. These--Matthew 7:22-23-- I believe satan beat 99% living today-centuries ago. LOOK world.
You should step-away from the table.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:43 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times
I was thinking along the following lines:

Christmas Eve...attend a midnight Mass. Christmas morning.open presents with family Eat food, play relax
All month Listen to Christmas music

Decorate the house a little more (already have three trees, lights, but why stop there)

Old 12-09-2017, 10:57 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Jeremiah 10.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:06 PM

919 posts, read 609,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Christmas is a sin.

Why? Because it is a day that God has not commanded us to keep. It is like the strange fire offered to God in the Temple. We cannot decide our OWN way to worship God or celebrate Him. He said that OUR WAYS are sin. The festivals that God provided were shadows of things to come and were to be kept so that we would have knowledge of those events. Observing Christmas is vain.
But he didn't specifically command us not to. Right?

Christmas is just one day of the year.
I'd be more concerned about the blatant disregard for the 4th Commandment that most Christians willfully disobey every week. God must be furious.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:32 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
But he didn't specifically command us not to. Right?

Christmas is just one day of the year.
I'd be more concerned about the blatant disregard for the 4th Commandment that most Christians willfully disobey every week. God must be furious.
Jeremiah ten, he specifically warned us against Easter and Christmas, you get sealed with the seal of Babylon for keeping Christmas and Easter and this by the law, you are sealed with the name TAMMUZ if you keep easter or Christmas, this is biblical fact under the laws of Moses, you are sealed by the holy days you keep, you keep the Babylonian Christmas and the Babylonian Easter, and there you are.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:28 AM

919 posts, read 609,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jeremiah ten, he specifically warned us against Easter and Christmas, you get sealed with the seal of Babylon for keeping Christmas and Easter and this by the law, you are sealed with the name TAMMUZ if you keep easter or Christmas, this is biblical fact under the laws of Moses, you are sealed by the holy days you keep, you keep the Babylonian Christmas and the Babylonian Easter, and there you are.
Well that shouldn't be surprising since they're both Pagan celebrations that those very naughty early church fathers just renamed & pretended that the Spring festival that represented fertility somehow pertained to Gods blood sacrifice & the Winter Solstice celebration somehow became a Rabbis birthday.
One can dress up a pig & call it Hilda but it's still a pig.

More importantly though, can't help notice that you completely ignored the Sabbath comment.
You're not one of those Christians who blatantly ignores the 4th Commandment week in week out?
You may as well kick God in the goolies.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:50 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I agree, well said. I really dislike it when people have the audacity to judge others concerning such things.
They make it seem like their walk with God is going around with a loud mouth saying God hates this, that, and the other. I know in my heart what pure religion is. It's in the book of James.
That is a very peaceful picture...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity