Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2017, 07:45 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
We aren't holy. He is holy. He calls Himself holy.

Holiness is not an attribute of love.

Jealousy, with regards to God, is not about mistrust. He already knows what everyone is thinking. It's about an intolerance for a rival. He wants our devotion since He loves us.
"Holy" is not and CAN not be inconsistent with love as you seem to believe and still be a sane entity. God does NOT have multiple personality disorder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 09:20 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"Holy" is not and CAN not be inconsistent with love as you seem to believe and still be a sane entity. God does NOT have multiple personality disorder.
Love is NOT inconsistent with God’s holiness as you seem to believe.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Love is NOT inconsistent with God’s holiness as you seem to believe.
jimmie, what is God's holiness?. Please do not google it and copy and paste it.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 2,405 times
wake up people,, we must go back to the bible seek for the church of God, do not follow the church of men made,

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

Isa 66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
Isa 66:2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Jer 7:1 The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
Jer 7:2 Stand in the gate of the LORD'S house, and proclaim there this word, and say, Hear the word of the LORD, all ye of Judah, that enter in at these gates to worship the LORD.
Jer 7:3 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.
Jer 7:4 Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, are these.
Jer 7:5 For if ye throughly amend your ways and your doings; if ye throughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbour;
Jer 7:6 If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:
Jer 7:7 Then will I cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers, for ever and ever.
Jer 7:8 Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.
Jer 7:9 Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not;

[url]https://sites.google.com/site/hearyetheparableofthesower/worship[/url]

Old 11-18-2017, 12:09 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well let's just say i have not commited the atrocities credit to God in the OT. I am sure when God put in place the principle of reaping what we have sown did not make himself above the principle.
Well to be fair - you did not create the world, mankind, the animals, plant life, etc. You don't keep the world operating on a prescribed time schedule.

You keep putting yourself in a position that puts yourself in comparison to God. This is one of the reasons why I compare you to the adversary at times. You post content that is right in line with who he is.

From God's perspective - what atrocities?

Old 11-18-2017, 12:14 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Why do you choose to emphasize one attribute to the exclusion of others?

Old 11-18-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Well to be fair - you did not create the world, mankind, the animals, plant life, etc. You don't keep the world operating on a prescribed time schedule.

You keep putting yourself in a position that puts yourself in comparison to God. This is one of the reasons why I compare you to the adversary at times. You post content that is right in line with who he is.
Everything he created was Good, Drob, have you ever thought why ? It is all an expression of what he is. So do you think all this literal fire and brimstone, the ground opening up and swallowing folk up, the dashing of babies heads against the rocks and all the evil atrocities credited to him are good ?.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:18 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Everything he created was Good, Drob, have you ever thought why ? It is all an expression of what he is. So do you think all this literal fire and brimstone, the ground opening up and swallowing folk up, the dashing of babies heads against the rocks and all the evil atrocities credited to him are good ?.
You don't believe sin corrupted that which was good?

Old 11-18-2017, 12:23 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Great - I agree. Both characteristics are fully a part of God's character, yet they do not conflict with each other. I will keep your agreement in mind during further discussions.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You don't believe sin corrupted that which was good?
Do you believe God resorted to evil to take care of that which you think was corrupted?. Good cannot be corrupted, if you believe that then God is susceptible too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity