Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2017, 11:03 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Nice try. The Cannanites were pure evil, baby killers. Yet you seem to think they were innocent. Have you studied the history of these people?

You’re not anti-evil. You’re anti-God.
What's the appropriate response to people who sometimes use babies as sacrifice? I know. Let's kill ALL their babies. That will stop it.

No loving God would give such an order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 12:30 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Nice try. The Canaanites were pure evil, baby killers. Yet you seem to think they were innocent. Have you studied the history of these people?
You’re not anti-evil. You’re anti-God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Did their babies kill, jimmie?

Did their 7-year-olds?

The 78-year-old grannies? How evil were they?

Your "reasoning" is just as primitive and barbaric as the anonymous dudes who scribbled your holy book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Whether the consenting adults were evil or not, the children ordered to be killed were NOT. We ARE anti-evil, and that includes evil perceptions ABOUT God.
There is no thinking or reasoning going on, just knee-jerk defense of what jimmie thinks is his God's actions.

Old 12-03-2017, 12:31 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
What's the appropriate response to people who sometimes use babies as sacrifice? I know. Let's kill ALL their babies. That will stop it.

Old 12-03-2017, 12:37 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

Old 12-03-2017, 12:57 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You God haters are throwing temper tantrums because the God of all creation does not conform His ways to a created being who has very limited understanding.

Job 38
[1] Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
[2] Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
[3] Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
[4] Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
[5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
[6] Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

You God haters can't win, so you're throwing temper tantrums like a two-year old who doesn't get its way. It's a pitiful sight to see. When I was in the world, there was a song that I remember that is applicable to God haters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfmYCM4CS8o

Pretty much sums it up. Peace

Old 12-03-2017, 01:31 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,773,535 times
Quote:

That is NOT what scripture says and you know it. You are unwilling to look at what was really happening. These people were pure evil.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Whether the consenting adults were evil or not, the children ordered to be killed were NOT. We ARE anti-evil, and that includes evil perceptions ABOUT God.
The Cannanites were an evil people, beyond anything we know.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

There is no thinking or reasoning going on, just knee-jerk defense of what jimmie thinks is his God's actions.
I remind you, Jesus spoke about the days of Noah and the destruction of evil people. He warned His listeners.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:
I remind you, Jesus spoke about the days of Noah and the destruction of evil people. He warned His listeners.
The problem is, people are so attached to the flesh, that they can't see the purpose behind turning such a one over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh that the SPIRIT MIGHT BE SAVED. The flesh is as grass that withers and dies, but the spirit of man is eternal. So they ascribe evil to what is really G-d's mercy, because His ways are not our ways, His ways are much higher than our ways. Peace

Old 12-03-2017, 01:52 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
The other side of the coin, which so few seem to think about is what the vicious acts do to the prople who perform them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity