Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2017, 03:04 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
If you have actual historical evidence for the deaths of the apostles, other than those I named, please present it.
God does not do business on your terms, so your definition of evidence is meaningless. That's what unbelievers do; they try to set the parameters of what evidence is. However, the REAL evidence gives insight to the truth. The Apostle Paul expounds:

2 Timothy 4
6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

With his head held high, Paul lays down his head on Nero's chop block; he sealed his testimony.

As to the Apostle John, he gives his account:

Revelation 1
9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
How ironic. You aren't aware that Saul/Paul had never met the Rabbi & admits in the NT that he was completely ignorant of his teachings?
So where did he get this 'Word of God' from? Hang on a minute ........ you don't think that he just filled in the blank pages with his own ideas that were heavily influenced by Paganism?

Saul/Paul does unashamedly confess to lying to 'further Gods glory' Jesus didn't know him. The Rabbis students were appalled at the nonsense that he was sprouting.

The facts are there but Christians wont even believe the very book that they claim is 'Divinely inspired', who use the 'faith' excuse to willfully ignore the blatant evidence that's right under their very noses.
That's strange. You don't even believe the Bible, yet you go about trying to teach it. Truth is, you unbelievers go our of your way to try and tear down the Holy Bible because you have the antichrist spirit that I already mentioned. You hang out on Christian forums, of which is contrary to someone who thinks that the Holy Bible is irrelevant. So telling.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:20 PM

Since the unbelievers like to cite preferable sources on the internet, I found one:

"One of Nero’s favorite things to do was to enslave, imprison, torture, and even light up Christians to use as human torches to light up his parties. Christianity, by this point, was already illegal and couldn’t be considered part of a Jewish sect anymore."

How Did The Apostle Paul Die?

Old 12-07-2017, 11:28 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
God does not do business on your terms, so your definition of evidence is meaningless. That's what unbelievers do; they try to set the parameters of what evidence is. However, the REAL evidence gives insight to the truth. The Apostle Paul expounds:

2 Timothy 4
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

With his head held high, Paul lays down his head on Nero's chop block; he sealed his testimony.

Revelation 1
9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
God doesn't "do business" at all. At least, not so that it is noticeable. What was God doing five years ago when Adam Lanza walked into the Sandy Hook elementary school classroom and shot 20 six year old children and their teacher in the head at point blank range? God stood quietly by and watched it occur, apparently. So tell me, what difference is there between a God who stands quietly by and watches as 20 six year old children are methodically executed, and a God who never existed to begin with? Because I don't see one. And if that does not serve as direct empirical evidence that no God exists, exactly what WOULD you consider evidence?

Old 12-08-2017, 01:02 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,656 times
Quote:

2 Timothy 4

Revelation 1
The story of Paul's beheading under Nero is taken from the Acts of Paul, written circa 160 CE. It's a pseudepigraphal Apocryphal work which was not included in the 27 book canon of the NT because no one at the time believed that is was genuine. No one does to this day. 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy and Titus, although making the cut into the NT, are widely considered today to be inauthentic.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:09 AM

919 posts, read 608,755 times
Quote:
That's strange. You don't even believe the Bible, yet you go about trying to teach it. Truth is, you unbelievers go our of your way to try and tear down the Holy Bible because you have the antichrist spirit that I already mentioned. You hang out on Christian forums, of which is contrary to someone who thinks that the Holy Bible is irrelevant. So telling.
You don't even possess half a clue as to what I know or believe, nor my motives for commenting. You're not psychic & if you got your assumptions from the voices in your head then they're yanking your chain. Don't be so disingenuous by pretending that you do. So telling.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:12 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
I see those you label as"unbelievers" as the messenger in the wilderness telling the ALT-Christian they have been led astray by greedy and conceited self-proclaimed "preachers" intent on building their following.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:14 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:

2 Timothy 4

Revelation 1
God does not do business on your terms, so your definition of evidence is meaningless. That's what ALT-Christians do; they try to set the parameters of what evidence is. However, the REAL evidence gives insight to the truth.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:34 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,565,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
God does not do business on your terms, so your definition of evidence is meaningless. That's what ALT-Christians do; they try to set the parameters of what evidence is. However, the REAL evidence gives insight to the truth.
poof there it is ...

insight.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The story of Paul's beheading under Nero is taken from the Acts of Paul, written circa 160 CE. It's a pseudepigraphal Apocryphal work which was not included in the 27 book canon of the NT because no one at the time believed that is was genuine. No one does to this day. 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy and Titus, although making the cut into the NT, are widely considered today to be inauthentic.
Look, people can either believe what Jesus said or believe they came from an ape; obviously, you have chosen the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity