Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 01:42 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And there you go. You can find common ground with one who desires to kill those who disagree with his/your beliefs about the bible, but not with those who find that concerning.

I'm pretty sure you're taking his comment and adding what you think he meant by it, so you might want to give him a chance to reply before you dog him to death on here.

And yes, I find common ground with anyone that believes the inspired word of G-d, as opposed to those who only seek to destroy it. Peace

Old 11-16-2017, 01:44 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I'm pretty sure you're taking his comment and adding what you think he meant by it, so you might want to give him a chance to reply before you dog him to death on here.

And yes, I find common ground with anyone that believes the inspired word of G-d, as opposed to those who only seek to destroy it. Peace
His replies thus far have further displayed a troubled soul. How can you not see that, unless you are blinded by a similar "spirit"?

Old 11-16-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Based on the fact that she can find common ground with those who desire to kill the people who do not believe the bible is what she says it is, and believe that God takes vengeance on those people, what does that tell you about the spirit and character of what she believes about God?

Funny, I haven't said a thing along these lines, yet you are acting as if I did and slandering me over it. What does that say about YOUR character and your god (or lack thereof)? Peace

Old 11-16-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
If I ever see Trout say he wants to kill another human being, I would be very concerned for his mental stability and the safety of others, and I wouldn't give him a , to be sure.

Really? Well hate (root) and murder (fruit) being the same sin, maybe you should be concerned. Peace

Old 11-16-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Funny, I haven't said a thing along these lines, yet you are acting as if I did and slandering me over it. What does that say about YOUR character and your god (or lack thereof)? Peace

I didn't say you had said anything along those lines, and you know this. I said you find common ground with those who DO say those things.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Really? Well hate (root) and murder (fruit) being the same sin, maybe you should be concerned. Peace
It is apparent that you'll say pretty much anything at this point to divert attention from the fact that you have said you find common ground with someone who has actually expressed a desire to kill others.

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times
Quote:
and I'm concerned about a lot of them.

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
If I ever see Trout say he wants to kill another human being, I would be very concerned for his mental stability and the safety of others, and I wouldn't give him a , to be sure.
Especially in this day and age. I am glad i'm on Trex's ignore list having read what he said.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:53 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
There's no premise to be faulty as I was simply asking for opinions. Someone stated that atheists "can do whatever they want" and I've heard that before. It seemed odd to me that someone who had a conscience wouldn't recognize that it was their conscience that kept them from hurting others and not their fear of punishment. I assume most people have a conscience and would understand this. Just in case I missed something I wanted to ask people who did believe in eternal consequences how they determined their behavior. Going by the responses I received my assumption was right as most posters agreed they wouldn't alter their behavior in light of "getting away with it". I suspect now that people who make those types of statements don't actually have a conscience and are projecting that flaw onto atheists.
The faulty premise in question was that you took his admission that "someone will hold you to punishment" (faulty because that's Judaism, not Christianity) as an example of "God won't let me certain stuff." (Faulty because it ignores the actual purpose of commandments)

The point of rules, is so you CAN do what you want.

Let's have an example: Suppose you work at a circus. You can juggle, throw knives, swallow fire, do weird acts, whatever. It's all fun and games really. Until, that is, you start using coarse language (III), killing customers (VI), scamming the customers with fake acts (VIII), or going on a date with the ringmaster's wife (VII). Most of these will cause either people to get mad at you, leave the circus and losing you business, or get arrested. These rules are there specifically to make sure your time at the circus doesn't come to an abrupt end, and you get to do what you want. Now could you make a more morally loose circus? Sure, but you'd probably want people to sign a form that said there was risk, and or they knew they might get robbed. If people don't understand what might happen when they encounter you, you have no excuse for what they do in response.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Really? Well hate (root) and murder (fruit) being the same sin. Peace
In God's eyes, not in the eyes of the law. How you can say peace after such a comment is quite bewildering. It shows how much darkness you are in because of your bible diet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity