Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 04:25 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Did you miss this or just skip over the scriptures?

Romans 10:7 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Faith comes by HEARING, and hearing comes by the Word of G-d, which IS the Holy Ghost.

1john 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

So praying in the HG, you receive the ability to HEAR, as we are told above hearing comes via the word of G-d, which is how faith comes (and is built up), because you are literally hearing the Word. It is a SPIRITUAL work, the HG does the works, and part of those works is to build up our most holy faith. Most holy relates to the Holy of Holies, and it is the HG that makes it possible for us to enter into His presence, since the Father and the HG are also one, and the Father's realm is that of the Holy of Holies.

It should not be a shock, since hearing came by the Holy Ghost on the day of Pentecost as they all HEARD via the gift of tongues and interpretation, what was spoken in tongues by the Holy Ghost, because HE IS the interpreter. Peace
No, i did not miss that post. It is just another post of yours trying to make out that God and the bile are one and the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 05:08 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No, i did not miss that post. It is just another post of yours trying to make out that God and the bile are one and the same thing.

You have reading comprehension problems. Peace

Old 11-27-2017, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You have reading comprehension problems. Peace
No i do not have reading problems. Jesus Christ not the scriptures is the word, unless you accept this you will die in your sin. Th word is him in us..

It is no longer i that lives but Christ in me. Know you not that Jesus Christ is in you?.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:08 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
No, we are built up BY growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. Know you not that Jesus Christ is IN YOU?.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:07 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
No, we are built up BY growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. Know you not that Jesus Christ is IN YOU?.
How do you believe one learns of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Old 11-28-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
How do you believe one learns of our Lord Jesus Christ?
By Christ in you. Know you not that Jesus Christ in you, if you don't your bible say you have failed the test. If you don't know how this can be, don't ask Nicodemus.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
By Christ in you. Know you not that Jesus Christ in you, if you don't your bible say you have failed the test. If you don't know how this can be, don't ask Nicodemus.
So...wait. You think we know OF Christ by inner feelings...but not based on the Bible...because the Bible says so?

Old 11-30-2017, 06:13 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
So...wait. You think we know OF Christ by inner feelings...but not based on the Bible...because the Bible says so?
But the bible does tell us so.....

Jeremiah 31:33

But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day," says the LORD. "I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

Baptist, not knocking the bible, it indeed is a blessing but many godly people throughout the ages have lived without seeing one.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Did i say that ?.

There is not a fundamentalist that does not use feelings. If i was given a dollar for everytime i have heard a fundy say " i felt led of the Lord" i'd be a very rich man.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Did i say that ?.

There is not a fundamentalist that does not use feelings. If i was given a dollar for everytime i have heard a fundy say " i felt led of the Lord" i'd be a very rich man.
The difference is when we place the "I feel led of the Lord" above what Scripture says.

But again...my point remains....I asked you how one learns of Jesus. Is it by the liver shiver we might get? Or is it by the Word of God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity