Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 12:11 PM

78 posts, read 39,173 times

Advertisements

I am a Christian, but my immediate family and my friends are not saved (salvation comes through faith in Christ alone, not from good works, rituals, etc.) I have no Christian friends to help me pray for their salvation and that their hearts will be open to accepting the Gospel and putting their faith in Christ, so I turn to City-Data Christians for prayers. Here are the people I would like prayers for, and a bit of info about them, just using a letter or two for their privacy. Thank you for anyone's prayers and for reading through these. These people may have no one else praying for them (other than me.)

AC- A guy I've known for about nine years. He has some degree of interest in learning about Jesus, but then often feels frustrated that things don't make sense to him while at the same time thinking it's all "stupid," trapped in a cycle of trying to understand, frustrated, give up, and try again over and over.

A&A- Two adolescents who are forced into Catholic ways while growing up.

BB- A male friend of almost 4 years who considers himself an Agnostic. He understands the Gospel for the most part, but he keeps getting tripped up by "scientific facts" that make him unable to believe in creation, and therefore not believe that the rest of the Bible can be true.

BC- A female friend who was brought up in a false Christian church who has the wrong idea of what Christianity really is and who Jesus is, but will not try to understand when the truth is explained because it does not fit how she wants it to be plus bad associations with the past, so she is currently a neo-pagan, and also is bisexual.

BN- An older woman who grew up with Catholicism. She will not read the Bible and never has, because she believes the priests will teach her what she needs to know. She believes that not many people go to Hell, just "really bad" people like Adolf Hitler. She believes that if you're nice and do good things, you go to Heaven. She brushed off the Gospel when given to her.

C- A female friend who is deeply afraid of the afterlife, yet will not accept any religion because she does not know if any could be true and is not willing to learn about them to try. Also gets the impression that church brainwashes and is boring.

CM- A woman who is Catholic.

D- A homosexual with no faith in anything.

E- Identifies with Nazi ideology and rejects the Gospel because it is not what he wants the world/reality to be.

F- A man who is a criminal.

JN- An old man who converted to Catholicism for his wife.

JEN- A homosexual who has hate for God, the Bible, and most Christians in general.

JJ- A Catholic female who forces it on her young children, and does not believe all of the Bible is true.

MN- A man who puts his faith in science.

MJ- A Catholic man.

JRN- No faith in anything.

LN- A woman who thinks God and the Bible are "just not her thing."

LB- A woman who just doesn't care about spirituality due to preference of worldly ways.

PM- Catholic, Nazi political views, won't listen to anyone who tries to present different beliefs and assumes they are attacking him if they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 12:37 PM

23,130 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaBlueGreen View Post
I am a Christian, but my immediate family and my friends are not saved (salvation comes through faith in Christ alone, not from good works, rituals, etc.) I have no Christian friends to help me pray for their salvation and that their hearts will be open to accepting the Gospel and putting their faith in Christ, so I turn to City-Data Christians for prayers. Here are the people I would like prayers for, and a bit of info about them, just using a letter or two for their privacy. Thank you for anyone's prayers and for reading through these. These people may have no one else praying for them (other than me.)

AC- A guy I've known for about nine years. He has some degree of interest in learning about Jesus, but then often feels frustrated that things don't make sense to him while at the same time thinking it's all "stupid," trapped in a cycle of trying to understand, frustrated, give up, and try again over and over.

BB- A male friend of almost 4 years who considers himself an Agnostic. He understands the Gospel for the most part, but he keeps getting tripped up by "scientific facts" that make him unable to believe in creation, and therefore not believe that the rest of the Bible can be true.

BC- A female friend who was brought up in a false Christian church who has the wrong idea of what Christianity really is and who Jesus is, but will not try to understand when the truth is explained because it does not fit how she wants it to be plus bad associations with the past, so she is currently a neo-pagan, and also is bisexual.

BN- An older woman who grew up with Catholicism. She will not read the Bible and never has, because she believes the priests will teach her what she needs to know. She believes that not many people go to Hell, just "really bad" people like Adolf Hitler. She believes that if you're nice and do good things, you go to Heaven. She brushed off the Gospel when given to her.

C- A female friend who is deeply afraid of the afterlife, yet will not accept any religion because she does not know if any could be true and is not willing to learn about them to try. Also gets the impression that church brainwashes and is boring.

E- Identifies with Nazi ideology and rejects the Gospel because it is not what he wants the world/reality to be.

JEN- A homosexual who has hate for God, the Bible, and most Christians in general.

JJ- A Catholic female who forces it on her young children, and does not believe all of the Bible is true.

MJ- A Catholic man.

LB- A woman who just doesn't care about spirituality due to preference of worldly ways.

PM- Catholic, Nazi political views, won't listen to anyone who tries to present different beliefs and assumes they are attacking him if they do.

I will be praying for your conversion to the belief in Jesus.

Old 11-19-2017, 12:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
How typically condescending and sanctimonious from a "born again" Christian.

Worry about the dude in the mirror. The other folks are on their own path and need nothing from you.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:01 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:

MJ- A Catholic man.

What about the person who has judged all of these individuals and has concluded that they're destined for eternal torment? Should we pray for him/her, too?

Last edited by Katzpur; 11-19-2017 at 02:26 PM..

Old 11-19-2017, 01:12 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,331,273 times
Quote:

MJ- A Catholic man.

it's good that you have concerns about others and their relationship with God. IMHO we should always been commending ourselves and those we care about to God mercy and love because as Christians we believe that we ALL need Gods help every day and in every way whether we consider ourselves "saved" or "not". ALL of us have faults and failings in ourselves and in our dealings with others and in our love of and obedience to God and among other things it would be well to practice humility about our spiritual condition and understanding, mercy, and forgiveness of others even as God in Christ forgives us.

FWIW, just because someone is "Catholic" (or any other form of Christianity) does not ipso facto mean they are "lost" or that that somebody else of a different brand of Christianity is saved. In point of fact, Catholic doctrine (just like most other Christians) says that without the mercy and grace of God through faith shown in works of love and forgiveness "done in Christ" nobody can achieve salvation simply by being "nice" or saying certain prayers, or performing "rituals" or anything else on our own. .

if you are interested in finding out about the Catholic (and other Christians) believes and understandings of what Salvation is and how it is achieved I would strongly suggest a careful reading of the NON-PARTISAN Wikipedia article on "Salvation in Christianity" and the subsections on "Catholicism" and "Salvation of Non-Catholics".

in the meantime please keep on praying for others and when you see those you have concerns about and are praying for maybe consider SHOWING them by your actions of love and friendship, compassion and understanding how a Christian lives rather than TELLING them their errors and short-comings and while (hopefully) you're praying for that grace to do so PLEASE pray for the rest of us that we may do the same in our lives as Christians as well.

in the peace of Christ.

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 11-19-2017 at 01:49 PM..

Old 11-19-2017, 01:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,040,762 times
Quote:

MJ- A Catholic man.

I will agree with your prayer that they all find the living G-d and have a relationship with Him. It's refreshing to see someone that wants to pray for others to receive Him. Peace

Old 11-19-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What about the person who has judged all of these individuals and has conclusded that they're destined for eternal torment? Should we pray for him/her, too?
It is not me that is judging them. All who do not put their faith in Christ for salvation for their sins are not going to be saved. I do not like this truth but there is nothing I can do about it. Beliefs and feelings cannot change reality.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeinbandonoregon View Post
it's good that you have concerns about others and their relationship with God. IMHO we should always been commending ourselves and those we care about to God mercy and love because as Christians we believe that we ALL need Gods help every day and in every way whether we consider ourselves "saved" or "not". ALL of us have faults and failings in ourselves and in our dealings with others and in our love of and obedience to God and among other things it would be well to practice humility about our spiritual condition and understanding, mercy, and forgiveness of others even as God in Christ forgives us.

FWIW, just because someone is "Catholic" (or any other form of Christianity) does not ipso facto mean they are "lost". In point of fact, Catholic doctrine (just like most other Christians) says that without the mercy and grace of God through faith shown in works of love and forgiveness "done in Christ" nobody can achieve salvation simply by being "nice" or saying certain prayers, or performing "rituals" or anything on our own. .

if you are interested in finding out about the Catholic (and other Christians) believes and understandings of what Salvation is and how it is achieved I would strongly suggest a careful reading of the NON-PARTISAN Wikipedia article on "Salvation in Christianity" and the subsections on "Catholicism" and "Salvation of Non-Catholics".

in the meantime please keep on praying for others and when you see them maybe consider SHOWING them by your actions of love and friendship and forgiveness how a Christian lives rather than TELLING them their errors and short-comings and while you're praying for that grace to do so PLEASE pray for the rest of us that we may do the same in our lives as Christians as well.

in the peace of Christ.
Thank you for your kind reply. Because I didn't want to make this a too-long post, I didn't include what sort of dynamic I have between these people and myself. I have made one attempt for each person in the past to explain the Gospel, though in reality almost all of these people I only get to see maybe three times per year because of distance of where we live from each other :/ And some of them are people I've never met in real life. Typically if we talk about God's Word otherwise, instead of me pointing things out to them, it's them asking about something I've said related to my reasoning and actions on certain situations.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:35 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,685 times
Quote:
It is not me that is judging them. All who do not put their faith in Christ for salvation for their sins are not going to be saved. I do not like this truth but there is nothing I can do about it. Beliefs and feelings cannot change reality.
Amen brother, thanks for posting your topic. You will see that many of the people here aren't actually born again, so I will pray for the people you have listed, and I want to ask for your prayers for many people on this forum that do not know the Lord. God bless you!

Old 11-19-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How typically condescending and sanctimonious from a "born again" Christian.

Worry about the dude in the mirror. The other folks are on their own path and need nothing from you.
It would be selfish for me to only worry about myself, and not loving to my friends and family to not try for them. What I have done has harmed no one. None of my friends or family even know that I pray for them or ask others to, they cannot even be offended by this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity