Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 06:23 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But if God is not MERCIFUL, JUST, and LOVE, then that would be an ALT-GOD...
Since the God revealed by Christ IS love, then one who is NOT is an anti-Christ God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 10:40 AM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Since the God revealed by Christ IS love, then one who is NOT is an anti-Christ God.
Obviously.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:14 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Peter kind of shared similar sentiments with Jesus... and Jesus called him Satan for having man's interests, and not God's interests.

Matthew 16:21-23 - From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day. 22 Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, "God forbid it, Lord! This shall never happen to You." 23 But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's."

Old 11-29-2017, 10:16 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
On here.... You're a xian(baptist)fundie and an admitted habitual sinner BFun.... Duh!

We all know your "KIND"
So you stereotype. yay for you.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:17 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
You ARE a judgemental fundie. The problem with fundamentalism as it occurs in any belief system is that it begins with a premise and then seeks to support that premise at all cost. Which means only accepting information which serves to support the preconceived premise. So if the premise is that God is only good and loving, then any suggestion that He is connected to evil MUST necessarily be wrong. Even if that means retranslating what the Bible very specifically says to bring it in conformance with what fundamentalists have decided it really must have intended to say.
That is your opinion, but it may or may not have any bearing on what is truth.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:11 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
On here.... You're a xian(baptist)fundie and an admitted habitual sinner BFun.... Duh!

We all know your "KIND"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So you stereotype. yay for you.
You didn't admit on this forum that you are a constant sinner and you haven't stopped?

A sinner is a kind, BFun.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:23 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Peter kind of shared similar sentiments with Jesus... and Jesus called him Satan for having man's interests, and not God's interests.

Matthew 16:21-23 - From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day. 22 Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, "God forbid it, Lord! This shall never happen to You." 23 But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's."
You insist on thinking that the brutality Jesus was subject to was from God, but it was NOT. It was from our ignorant ancient ancestors who rejected Jesus. God sent Jesus to reveal God's true nature and bring the message of love, but God AND Jesus knew what our primitive ancestors would do to Him because of it. Jesus was willing to endure it out of love for us all because we knew not what we did, i.e. were ignorant.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:55 AM

8,927 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
You insist on thinking that the brutality Jesus was subject to was from God, but it was NOT....
A wise person would not try to refute the Bible.
And even a neophyte Christian would recognize
this as a description of the Christ.

Isaiah 53 (NASB)
1 Who has believed our message?
And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
2 For He grew up before Him like a tender shoot,
And like a root out of parched ground;
He has no stately form or majesty
That we should look upon Him,
Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him.
3 He was despised and forsaken of men,
A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;
And like one from whom men hide their face
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore,
And our sorrows He carried;
Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
And by His scourging we are healed.
6 All of us like sheep have gone astray,
Each of us has turned to his own way;
But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all
To fall on Him.
7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He did not open His mouth;
Like a lamb that is led to slaughter,
And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers,
So He did not open His mouth.
8 By oppression and judgment He was taken away;
And as for His generation, who considered
That He was cut off out of the land of the living
For the transgression of my people, to whom the stroke was due?
9 His grave was assigned with wicked men,
Yet He was with a rich man in His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.
10 But the LORD was pleased
To crush Him, putting Him to grief;
If He would render Himself as a guilt offering,
He will see His offspring,
He will prolong His days,
And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.
11 As a result of the anguish of His soul,
He will see it and be satisfied;
By His knowledge the Righteous One,
My Servant, will justify the many,
As He will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great,
And He will divide the booty with the strong;
Because He poured out Himself to death,
And was numbered with the transgressors;
Yet He Himself bore the sin of many,
And interceded for the transgressors.

Last edited by TRex2; 11-30-2017 at 04:25 AM..

Old 11-30-2017, 08:29 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
A wise person would not try to refute the Bible.
And even a neophyte Christian would recognize
this as a description of the Christ.

Isaiah 53 (NASB)
1 Who has believed our message?
And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
2 For He grew up before Him like a tender shoot,
And like a root out of parched ground;
He has no stately form or majesty
That we should look upon Him,
Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him.
3 He was despised and forsaken of men,
A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;
And like one from whom men hide their face
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore,
And our sorrows He carried;
Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
And by His scourging we are healed.
6 All of us like sheep have gone astray,
Each of us has turned to his own way;
But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all
To fall on Him.
7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He did not open His mouth;
Like a lamb that is led to slaughter,
And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers,
So He did not open His mouth.
8 By oppression and judgment He was taken away;
And as for His generation, who considered
That He was cut off out of the land of the living
For the transgression of my people, to whom the stroke was due?
9 His grave was assigned with wicked men,
Yet He was with a rich man in His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.
10 But the LORD was pleased
To crush Him, putting Him to grief;
If He would render Himself as a guilt offering,
He will see His offspring,
He will prolong His days,
And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.
11 As a result of the anguish of His soul,
He will see it and be satisfied;
By His knowledge the Righteous One,
My Servant, will justify the many,
As He will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great,
And He will divide the booty with the strong;
Because He poured out Himself to death,
And was numbered with the transgressors;
Yet He Himself bore the sin of many,
And interceded for the transgressors.
Excellent reply and witness to the truth.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:27 PM

1,146 posts, read 648,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
If endless punishment were true & victims of infanticide all go to heaven, then infanticide saves infants from any chance of growing up & going to endless torments or annihilation.

Should a loving parent, therefore, kill their infants before they reach an age at which God would hold them accountable?

"Evangelicals are divided in their opinion about the fate of infants who die.

"Some, who believe in God's sovereign election of the "few," also believe that non-elect babies who die will spend eternity suffering in hell. John Calvin said, "there are babies a span long in hell."

"Others consider this unfair, and assert that infants who die will spend eternity in heavenly bliss. This of course is true, but not because the child is innocent. It's true because the Scriptures teach that God intends to save everyone from everything that they need to be saved from.

"A few years ago there was a story in a Montreal paper about an Ohio lady who drowned her baby in a bathtub. Her defense was that she loved the baby so much that she wanted to make sure that her child would not have to suffer forever in hell. After serving a sentence she remarried, had another child and drowned it for the same reason. She trusted that God would forgive her because her intention, though warped by false theology, was for the good of her children.

"The jury decided that she was mentally ill, BUT WAS SHE? The simple pragmatic fact remains that if Arminianism is right, her two infants will spend eternity in heavenly bliss because she loved them so much that she insured, by killing them, that this will be so.

"Apparently, many Christians believe that there is a magical split-second in time before which a child, if they die, will go to heaven, and after which, if they die will spend eternity suffering in hell. They call this the "age of accountability."

"If I believed this nonsense I would take a gun into the largest maternity ward in Toronto and, before the police arrived, kill every infant who had just been born. This would cause an enormous amount of suffering to the parents, but this wouldn't matter much in the long run, because probably most of them (according to evangelical theology) are destined to suffer forever in hell anyway, so why not save their babies from the same fate?

"Don't try to argue that what I would be doing would be wrong ("thou shalt not kill"). The fact remains that my act would, in fact insure the eternal salvation of the babies. If Arminianism is right, then infanticide would certainly be one of the most effective ways of "saving souls." Besides, God forgives murder, especially when it is done for such a noble, though misguided cause. Sure, they would lock me away in an institution, but I would spend my life revelling in the glow of the emotional high of knowing that I had, beyond any shadow of a doubt guaranteed the salvation of the babies that I had killed.

"Folks, the actual truth about the matter is much more sane and blessed. The Scriptures teach that salvation is all of the Lord, and He will not fail to save every one of us according to His own timing. No one will be able to boast in His presence and say, "I have saved myself from eternal hell by exercising my faith in God's provision. God will get all of the glory for everyone's salvation.

"The important issue never should be "what is right or what is wrong." The only really important issue is, "What is God going to do with the person who is wrong?" The Scriptures teach that God will fit every one of us into His master plan in a positive way, and He will use our temporary involvement with sin to teach us the lessons that He wants us to learn. As my Dad often says, "That's what makes Him God!" "

Can Children Go to Hell?
The important issue is 'what is sin'?

Most people today are ignorant of this very simple thing.

Dead babies go to Paradise, not hell. It's the Law.

Ok, so what's the Law?

The Ten Commandments

Do not have any other god before God
Do not make yourself an idol
Do not take the Lord's name in vain
Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy
Honor your mother and father
Do not murder
Do not commit adultery
Do not steal
Do not testify or fear false witness against your neighbor
Do not covet

The Ten Commandments is also called the Mosaic Law, Law of Moses, Royal Law and simply The Law. It was given by God to convict of sin. The Law is given so that mankind would have a DEFINITION OF SIN AS GOD SEES IT. Unfortunately the post modern church doesn't inform us of these things. They tell us we owe tithes, but they don't tell us what God really wants. He wants us to obey the Law.

Ok, so it's real simple. Which of the dead babies in our example broke the Law? When did this amazing thing happen? Are there witnesses to this act? Which dead baby had an adulterous affair with a married nurse at the hospital? Which one killed the baby in the next crib? Do you see how stupid this can be?

Humanity is born with the potential to sin, but nobody including God convicts a man of a crime UNTIL ITS COMMITTED. Ergo, dead babies go to Paradise because they haven't sinned.

Donations for this word of wisdom will be gently denied. If you want to get money sucked out of your wallet, go to church. You'll leave poorer, but you may still leave unforgiven because nobody there told you what the hell sin was.

Sins are not mistakes. Read the list again.

Is it a sin for a kid to fall off her bicycle? No. It's a mistake of balance. Is it a sin for a carpenter to smash his thumb with a hammer? No. It's a mistake of aim. I'll bet dimes to donuts that Jesus smashed his thumb a few times, but HE didn't take God's name in vain when HE did it. A mistake is not the same as a sin.

God hates sin. God doesn't blame anybody for mistakes. Big difference.

The time to repent of sin is now. Jesus is coming back soon and things are going to get pretty dicey on earth before that happens. Don't wait.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity