Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 11:31 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
God created evil. Why would you trust Him to be good?
God didn't create evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 11:44 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
God didn't create evil.
Your bible say he did.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Your bible say he did.
where?

Old 11-22-2017, 11:46 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
If endless punishment were true & victims of infanticide all go to heaven, then infanticide saves infants from any chance of growing up & going to endless torments or annihilation.

Should a loving parent, therefore, kill their infants before they reach an age at which God would hold them accountable?

"Evangelicals are divided in their opinion about the fate of infants who die.

Just read the Bible. Election does NOT mean some people are automatically destined for hell when they're born, while others are destined for eternal life. It doesn't work that way. And neither does it say everyone will be saved. Quite the opposite. Lastly, there is a legitimate argument to be made that not all those who miss the first resurrection will wind up suffering for eternity. The Bible tells me explicitly that the Antichrist and the false prophet, and Satan, will be tormented forever. All the unsaved people resurrected at the end of the millineum? I'm not so sure.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:54 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,752 times
Quote:
where?

Nowhere.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
Nowhere.
This is an ongoing thing. He likes to make statements like that, but when pressed, he rarely provides any kind of a scripture reference. Instead, he half-quotes Scripture, out of context, and twists it to say something that it doesn't say in context.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
where?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
Nowhere.
Here is nowhere

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things
Isaiah Chapter 45 verse 7

Old 11-22-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Here is nowhere

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things
Isaiah Chapter 45 verse 7
Proper exegesis is your worst nightmare, isn't it?

Read that in the ESV and it says "I make well-being and create calamity". The NASB says the same thing. I'd suggest a good translation, not whatever you pulled that from.

The Hebrew word for "evil" in Hebrew means many things. This particular instance means calamity, as in bad things, from the writer's perspective". It doesn't mean sinful things, or things against God's will.

Here is a great read on it, by someone far smarter than I am. I can look the verse up in the Hebrew, but this person elaborates very clearly:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Isaiah-45-7.html

Old 11-22-2017, 12:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:

Read that in the ESV and it says "I make well-being and create calamity". The NASB says the same thing. I'd suggest a good translation, not whatever you pulled that from.

The Hebrew word for "evil" in Hebrew means many things. This particular instance means calamity, as in bad things, from the writer's perspective". It doesn't mean sinful things, or things against God's will.
Are you the same guy that says the bible should be read and understood plainly?

That verse plainly states that your God created evil. And since you (supposedly) believe he created everything, evil is part of the "everything" package.

All your duckin' n' dodgin' and s'plainin' won't change what the words state quite clearly: your God is responsible for the existence of evil.

Own it.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:

Here is a great read on it, by someone far smarter than I am. I can look the verse up in the Hebrew, but this person elaborates very clearly:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Isaiah-45-7.html
Same old BP, it means hate when i believe it does, and it doesnt mean evil when i do not believe it. If you did the same thing with the respect to the translations that use the word "hell" you would not read a bible, but no, it doesn't with that word hell , you believe it so it has been translated right in your belief filtering system . Talk about moving the goalposts, i have never anyone do this the way you do.

LOL, you read that verse and googled it and saw another translation that fit your beliefs. You are a piece of work, you don't believe God created evil but you believe hate is evil but it is not when God hates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity