Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 12:28 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
This is an ongoing thing. He likes to make statements like that, but when pressed, he rarely provides any kind of a scripture reference. Instead, he half-quotes Scripture, out of context, and twists it to say something that it doesn't say in context.
Saying half-quotes out of context is nothing new for the self-righteous Pharisees who continually try to trap Jesus in his word. For example:
Paying taxes:
"the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words....
Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not?”

But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me?"

Matthew 28

The woman was caught in the act of adultery
" ' In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?'
They were using this question as a trap,
in order to have a basis for accusing him."
John 8

Of course the master of half-quote out of context is Satan who Jesus said of the self-righteous Pharisees:
" You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires.
He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him.
When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
~ Jesus
John 8
in other words, don't expect anything different from the self-righteous hypocrite in this forum whose purpose is to quote Scripture against Scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 12:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
This is an ongoing thing. He likes to make statements like that, but when pressed, he rarely provides any kind of a scripture reference. Instead, he half-quotes Scripture, out of context, and twists it to say something that it doesn't say in context.
lol, I have provided scripture references to rebuff every man made doctring that you believe. In fact i have quoted the scriptures that much to you, i could easily be mistaken for a fundamentalist.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-22-2017 at 12:42 PM..

Old 11-22-2017, 12:34 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
lol, I have provided scripture references to rebuff fevery man made doctring that you believe. In fact i have quoted the scriptures that much to you, i could easily be mistaken for a fundamentalist.
I'm sorry, but twisting them out of context does not qualify for "provided scripture references".

Old 11-22-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Saying half-quotes out of context is nothing new for the self-righteous Pharisees who continually try to trap Jesus in his word. For example:
Paying taxes:
Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not?”

But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me?"

Matthew 28

John 8

Of course the master of half-quote out of context is Satan who Jesus said of the self-righteous Pharisees:
" You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires.
He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him.
When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
~ Jesus
John 8
in other words, don't expect anything different from the self-righteous hypocrite in this forum whose purpose is to quote Scripture against Scripture.
Wish I could rep you for that one. Apparently there aren't enough good posters on these forums that i can rep, so I wasn't able to. Great post.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:38 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Wish I could rep you for that one. Apparently there aren't enough good posters on these forums that i can rep, so I wasn't able to. Great post.
Believe me, you aren't alone.
Anyway here's my rep to you for perseverance.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Paying taxes:

Matthew 28

John 8

~ Jesus
John 8
Give one example of this or retract what you are saying. The issue with the likes of you and BP is for example the story of the woman caught in adultery, you major on the go sin no more and give little or no creedence to what Jesus said to her accusers(Those like minded to yourself) that sent them packing also what he said first said to her after sending the hypocrits packing which if you had eyes to see is grace super abounding over sin to her. She left knowing that God truly was merciful and gracious as opposed to what those that were about to stone her, who had portrayed and expressed god in their own image.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Give one example of this or retract what you are saying. The issue with the likes of you and BP is for example the story of the woman caught in adultery, you major on the go sin no more and give little or no creedence to what Jesus said to her accusers(Those like minded to yourself) that sent them packing also what he said first said to her after sending the hypocrits packing which if you had eyes to see is grace super abounding over sin to her. She left knowing that God truly was merciful and gracious as opposed to what those that were about to stone her, who had portrayed and expressed god in their own image.
Who is BP?

Just take a look at this thread and you can see the response to me by you are full of the twisting. This thread, and the others that we've posted on the past 2 days. Look how you've twisted John 1, Romans 9.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Who is BP?

Just take a look at this thread and you can see the response to me by you are full of the twisting. This thread, and the others that we've posted on the past 2 days. Look how you've twisted John 1, Romans 9.
You,..
Romans 9 Esaua i have hated

Baptist Fundy Twisted version.... Sinners i have hated.

See what you did there.

You use words to fit your beliefs. How is it that you cannot look at Esau i have hated , hating your mum and dad, and God creating evil all in the same manner?. It is obvious why you don't.

Quote:

You do know that Jesus said if you hate someone in you heart you have commited murder?. Why would he say this? Maybe because hating is not Godlike ?.
Quote:
Actually, he said that if you hate a brother, you're a murderer at heart. Just to clarify that.

Lets look at your defence of in hating someone you have murdered them. You responded with it is talking about hating your brother. One can only gather from that, is it is ok to hate those who are not your brethren. My question to you is where is this hate coming from that you have for sinners. If this is not what you are saying, please explain what you mean by your response of "it is talking about hating your brothers".

Old 11-22-2017, 01:11 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,347,738 times
Quote:
God didn't create evil.
Well let's see, who should we believe, you or the Bible?

Isaiah 45:
[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
[kjv]

If that is not plain enough, here is a direct translation from Hebrew.

Hebrew Interlinear Bible (OT)
Isa 45:7
I Yahweh and·there-is-no further one-forming light and·one-creating darkness one-makingdo well-being and·one-creating evil(רוע) I Yahweh one-makingdo all-of these

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...Tpdf/isa45.pdf

Old 11-22-2017, 01:38 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,792 times
Quote:
Proper exegesis is your worst nightmare, isn't it?

Read that in the ESV and it says "I make well-being and create calamity". The NASB says the same thing. I'd suggest a good translation, not whatever you pulled that from.

The Hebrew word for "evil" in Hebrew means many things. This particular instance means calamity, as in bad things, from the writer's perspective". It doesn't mean sinful things, or things against God's will.

Here is a great read on it, by someone far smarter than I am. I can look the verse up in the Hebrew, but this person elaborates very clearly:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Isaiah-45-7.html
Why all the bible confusion BFun?

Who authored all this confusion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity