Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2017, 07:22 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Sin is disobedience to God's commands. And no--we don't "judge" anyone to be hated. God has already declared that he hates sinners. I'm sorry if that bothers you. The good news is that anyone that trusts in Christ can be forgiven.
What are G-d’s commands?...Do mean the ones that you claim Jesus has abolished???...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No it is not, it is what the bible says not what you say. For whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Romans Chapter 14 verse 23. Notice again i am quoting scripture and you are not?. Keep reading there is more scripture to come. below.

There is not one single verse in the bible that says God hates sinners. The verse you are using says God hated Esau(1 person) and it was being said figuratively, but it is only figurative when it fits your vile belief about God.

Sinners that upset you, God is forever working by the riches of his goodness in being tolerant, longsuffering; knowing that his goodness leads the the recipient to repentance, all of which you despise and show contempt towards. Romans chapter 2 verse 4.

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
I have faith that I can screw my neighbor’s wife an still go to heaven...

Old 11-23-2017, 07:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I have faith that I can screw my neighbor’s wife an still go to heaven...
Is that how you think ?. I certainly don’t. In fact I don’t ever give a second thought about heaven to be honest Jesus taught about that kingdom being here on earth. Are you familiar with what is called the Lord’s Prayer ?

Old 11-23-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Remember who Paul is writing to. He's laying out a case throughout Romans...each chapter builds on the last. In 2:4 he's speaking about how the Israelites thought they were God's people by virtue of birthright. He says no....they aren't. Not all of Israel will be saved, but only those that believe.
Romans 11:

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob

Old 11-23-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
We don't need to talk like we're in 17th century England. Jesus didn't speak in an archaic or out-dated manner; why should we?
Yes, he actually did...He spoke in ancient Aramaic...

Old 11-23-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
What is the 1%
The Lawless...

Old 11-23-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
It is futile to stop sinning completely because we live in a fleshly body that loves to sin.....but believers with the Spirit don't have to be a slave to it......no one with ANY sin will be allowed in heaven.....so the right question is how did God deal with that?
So, you love to disobey, hurt G-d?...Interesting...

Old 11-23-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Is that how you think ?. I certainly don’t. In fact I don’t ever give a second thought about heaven to be honest Jesus taught about that kingdom being here on earth. Are you familiar with what is called the Lord’s Prayer ?
Are you familiar with sarcasm?...

Old 11-23-2017, 07:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The Lawless...
Are they the ones who had the law written in their hearts?.

Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.

Romans Chapter 2 verse 14

Remember there wasn't anything you could tell Pauly about old time Judaism. He actually saw God working outside of what he ever thought was impossible to be. Yea dem Gentile dogs.

Old 11-23-2017, 09:23 PM

7,027 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:
Can you imagine going through life believing God is watching every move you make and hearing every thought you have and none of it is ever forgotten by God it is enough to drive you insane. Then you have the fundamentalist gold membership subscriber take on it, he sees Jesus not our sin so as long as we confess the sin that he doesn’t see because he sees Jesus not our sin, then Bob’s your Uncle
Which is a lot like being told to let God save you from what he will do to you if you don't let him save you.

Personally, I think this "we're natural sinners because of Adam" garbage with its subsequent forgiveness rite is just the oldest excuse invented so people can be nasty, despicable human beings and get away with it.

John robs his neighbor's house. John: "Oh, woe is me, the poor sinner, I can't help sinning (raping, killing, scamming people, being a d****bag, etc), I am so ashamed, please forgive me!" God forgives John. John then takes the loot he stole and buys a new car with it so he can rob a bank this time because he has a getaway vehicle. John gets caught and "finds" God in prison, but not before the neighbors he robbed become destitute and starve to death without their money. But John is forgiven, so he's going to heaven.

Edited to add: there's something wrong with that somewhere.

Last edited by rodentraiser; 11-23-2017 at 09:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity