Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2018, 02:25 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop cherry-picking quotes and at least pretend to try to understand the full import of my "stance" instead of lying about it. Follow your own advice about lying tongues.
If quoting your own exact words is a lie, then so be it. They are your words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 02:37 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
This is why I have said:

And I have slowly, over the past few months been putting on "ignore" those
with whom I can have no intelligent discourse. If the moderators choose to
have rules that allow them to stay here, so be it, but I don't have to read
their insults, heresies, and lies. (Except when one of you quotes them.)
I'm sorry. I have 6 on ignore now and will be adding more soon// not you Trex your great. I can't stomach their lies about my Lord.. I KNOW IT IS PRETTY BAD! and even worse to argue
with their insanity.. A friend when young used to work at an insane asylum and he always said "don't argue with the insane/" madkind" they will draw you into their made up world and it is easy to get confused if you do it too often... yep... I can see it.. .
but their ignorance of the Father Son and spirit and his word. I agree it is a hard subject but it is knowable. they have run off all the Christian's with all their badgering and but I am here to talk to Christians ( Like you T) ..... I MEAN JESUS WON'T hasn't and never will and never did argue with them and the type. and waits for most to come to him still . they ain't got enough balls to do that so they attack old ladies on internet boards..OH those big bad fellas
I WOULDN'T argue IF IT WASN'T SO CLOSE I CAN TASTE IT and hope to talk to more Christians if we can get them to come back. I mean where is even
Pin and R1bbi, banned probably.. what a mess.
well, the harvest is coming T and sooner than anyone is aware .. be ready dear! no more tares one day sooner than later.
The big fella wants what is his "rewards"/ the Joy set before him ! .. sooner than later I think.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:52 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If quoting your own exact words is a lie, then so be it. They are your words.
Because you are repeatedly extracting quotes completely out of context to pretend they represent the views of posters, I know it is deliberate deception. The "whatever you believe" referred to the importance of loving God and each other "whatever you believe." Your disingenuous games are tiresome, Finn. You should be ashamed of yourself trying to bear false witness against those you disagree with.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because you are repeatedly extracting quotes completely out of context to pretend they represent the views of posters, I know it is deliberate deception. The "whatever you believe" referred to the importance of loving God and each other "whatever you believe." Your disingenuous games are tiresome, Finn. You should be ashamed of yourself trying to bear false witness against those you disagree with.
As usual you are trying to conceal a weak position by trying to attack me. Its not working Mr "whatever you believe".

Old 02-15-2018, 06:07 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Here's a list of the people on my ignore list:

Old 02-15-2018, 06:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Now, don’t forget your parachute before jumping from a perfectly good aircraft.
It would be a mindless act to "believe" you can fly given the nature of gravity.
Quote:
I have the best parachute in the world, and one has been offered to you too, but you reject it. You're staying in the plane until it runs out of gas.
You make false assumptions, but that doesn't surprise me.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You make false assumptions, but that doesn't surprise me.
So, you have accepted it then?

Old 02-15-2018, 07:07 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Default If fundamentalists really knew God INTIMATELY

Quote:
The gospel for MacDonald was not a book, but rather a person, the person of Jesus Christ Himself, the image of the Father. “No other than the God exactly like Christ can be the true God.” The mercy of Christ is the mercy of the Father: “It is a doctrine of devils that Jesus died to save us from our father. There is no safety, no good, no gladness, no purity, but with the Father, his father and our father, his God and our God” (51). The one task of the human being is to become what he truly is meant to be—a child of God. To MacDonald, countering the Calvinists of his childhood, God is not preeminently concerned with His glory, but rather, to paraphrase Ignatius, the glory of God is His children, fully human. God’s is “the glory which alone will quicken the true man in us, and kill the peddling creature we so wrongly call our self. The true self is that which can look Jesus in the face, and say My Lord” (48). -------

God’s love is an inexorable and consuming love: He “will have us good, and Jesus works out the will of his father. Where is the refuge of the child who fears his father? Is it in the farthest corner of the room?” The answer: “No, no!…in his father’s arms!” (51).

This is what undergirds the charges of universalism thrown at MacDonald in his time and ours. God is a holy God, and our Heavenly Father; He will not abandon any of his sheep, no matter how prodigal. There must certainly be a purifying of the sin in us, and the fire must burn away all that is unlovely in us (here MacDonald is of a similar mind with Gregory of Nyssa). [Gregory of Nyssa, {c. 335 – c. 395}, was bishop of Nyssa from 372 to 376 and from 378 until his death. He is venerated as a saint in Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy, Lutheranism, and Anglicanism.]

We are not let off easy: we are still each of us called to do the will of God. But we are fooling ourselves, says MacDonald, if we think the will of God is ultimately inscrutable. Discerning God’s will is not grasping after misty oracles; our duty—to love this child, to care for this house, to wash these dishes—is always in plain sight. We don’t even need the Bible to begin, for “In every heart there is a consciousness of some duty or other required of it: that is the will of God.” If we can but see what is right, the duty before us, clearly, “if it be but to sweep a room or make an apology, or pay a debt,” then that is all we need to begin (46–47).

In his (unspoken) sermons, he is unrelenting on the perspicuity of God’s will:
What have you done this day because it was the will of Christ? Have you dismissed, once dismissed, an anxious thought for the morrow? Have you ministered to any needy soul or body, and kept your right hand from knowing what your left hand did? Have you begun to leave all and follow him? Did you set yourself to judge righteous judgment? Are you being ware of covetousness? Have you forgiven your enemy? Are you seeking the kingdom of God and his righteousness before all other things? Are you hungering and thirsting after righteousness? Have you given to some one that asked of you? Tell me something that you have done, are doing, or are trying to do because he told you. If you do nothing that he says, it is no wonder that you cannot trust in him…
From The Gospel in George MacDonald, Scottish preacher, 1824-1905, https://mereorthodoxy.com/factitude-creeks-loving-real/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIeA_5yYgB4

Old 02-16-2018, 08:57 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:
It is very unfortunate people come here only to insult, accuse and throw rocks at Christians, and putting such people in ignore is appropriate. Jesus said you should dust your sandals when your message is met with hostility. Putting people on ignore is "dusting your sandals" at personal level.

"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town."
I think you are both right and I finally did it too but I do think there still hope for all.. proved by the Laodicean church ages promises. that the few saved from that age will sit with him on his throne but the price will be basically what he went through as well as the disciples. though I doubt that crew are brave enough or trust him enough> but we never know who might a diamond in the rough/ smeared in baby poop !! and really are baby Christians.

and guys my husband reminds me our audience isn't just these poopy talking diapers who sling poop at God himself.
if they know him at all they know none of his processes for redemption and know none with of his word and curse the old testament GOD which is the part that Jesus became one with as a reward for being the most faithful and righteous human to live to date. Now he is Jehovah, from that day on He was Jehovah.
or he was always Jehovah and Got the keys to creation as a human at that baptism, either way the power came because he was faithful at his baptism.

Jesus clearly states when here that he is HERE to reveal the Father's heart to the Father's people.
and he only did what the Father was doing and only said what the Father was saying.. so they abuse his words but they are abusing the father's words to the father's people
NO one has truly seen all of who Jesus the man is yet .. oh but they might! some maybe sooner than later.. because I kind of have a " vision" on Instagram" and there was a Word yesterday to a prophet I trust.. .. that yesterday some fool maybe on this site was
or is getting froggy and thinking that they might want to hurt an old lady or they were cursing at me or are planning something. because the Lord seemed like he might want to well go froggy hunting if it escalates any more and if they don't cool down. but it was confirmed twice and one was undeniably he is was getting upset.

I can only guess it was someone on this list .. oh darn. if anyone knows it, Jesus knows that truth can make people want to murder.. and he don't have to lie down and take it now and didn't have to then! but wanted to save all.
He tells us to be nice because we never know who we might be speaking too or about. I mean Joseph, Jesus step Father was the King of Israel, if anyone knew it or not because of the curse on Solomon house//
Joseph could not have Israel. BUT Joseph was given the authority to save humanity because of his birthright.

yes so yes Now I will be taking T's advice and I will be putting more on ignore soon.. no since having those conversations that get them that enraged that a certain someone might have to go frog hunting.
because Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so, little ones to him belong they are weak but he is strong.. yes Jesus loves me yes Jesus loves me...the bible tells me so!

Old 02-16-2018, 11:07 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
It is very unfortunate people come here only to insult, accuse and throw rocks at Christians, and putting such people in ignore is appropriate. Jesus said you should dust your sandals when your message is met with hostility. Putting people on ignore is "dusting your sandals" at personal level.

"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town."
If you ever said anything, or took a stance other than "I am persecuted for being a "christian," maybe someone would listen and assess differently. Yet a good half dozen people on this thread have pointed out in so many words that you are the cowardly lion---lots of roar, but no substance.

And you equate yourself with a disciple. How humble of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity