Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 05:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Must be nice to put your own limitations on who God can be.
Their religion trash-cans holiness and justice in order to claim 'love is god'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 05:24 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Their religion trash-cans holiness and justice in order to claim 'love is god'.
Holiness and justice are born out of love. Prove otherwise. In fact considering you know so much about holiness, please explain what it is. If you cannot yo have no right going on about it pretending that you do.

I suippose neither do i condemn you is not justice to you too. If only you understood, that you are that which you condemn.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You use NO standard and accept everything written in a book by ancient men without ANY reason to trust that everything in there is from God. God inspired fallible men who interpreted those inspirations using their lack of knowledge, culture, ancient traditions, beliefs about God, and superstitions but YOU think they were infallible and inerrant. Preposterous.
You created your own standard to argue Jesus lied in John 3 and many other books, and you do it because you cannot accept holiness of God. You cannot accept God is love, holy and just. The only way you can do that is to argue the Bible is full of lies, which is exactly what you do.

You say it is preposterous believe what Jesus said, but I'd say it is preposterous to embrace/approve/condone unholy things and claim to do it name of Jesus.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:38 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you see anything limited by the love of God here ?.

That you may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge

Sounds limitless to me
It is. But I am finding it difficult to understand how God can continue to love those who hate the poor, refugees of war, casting out and hunting down people displaced in their childhoods with no way to make any choice in the matter, and those who scream "let them die" on the issue of universal health care while at the same time support spending untold billions upon many billions more for the war machine to kill (only God knows how many more) in war torn countries. I do not understand how or why God will eventually forgive haters and ingrates and fascists who wrap themselves in crimson and purple and say "I sit a queen and will never see sorrow". Yet they have a right to own an AK15 to kill children in school over and over and over. How hard can a person's heart be, I do wonder? And those same people call themselves "Right to Life" supporters????

But I am working on giving my anger to him (asking him to take it away from me) because I do not want to continue allowing the spirit of anti-Christ to drag me down into the bitterness that can happen when the world gets increasingly filled with justified anger. I do not rule out the possibility that God may annihilation some who justify the most unholy ways and call it good and do it in the name of Christ. That is between God and his servants. But of course I will never believe the doctrine of demons of literal, eternal hell fire and if God needs to put some to sleep forever, that is fine with me.

Last edited by RainMusic; 02-21-2018 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 02-21-2018, 07:21 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I'm telling you His yoke is easy and His burden is light----for sinners like me.

A judge commits murder if he sentences babies to death. That is what your paganistic god did in the OT.
Your jesus smlles broadly but holds a club behind his back in case someone doesn't believe the bible the way you do. Your jesus throws a rock at the woman caught in adultery because the Law cannot be broken.

The blood of my Christ is on your hands as you crucify Him daily by condemning we sinners to whom God has given a different picture of Jesus--The Man of Peace.

You DO define your god! For what comes out of your mouth defines your idol, the bible. But it sure isn't a picture of the God James claimed IS Love. And the true God is Spirit, not a Bible. You worship the microphone, rather than the Unseen God behind it. When God uses men, as He always chooses to do, then sometimes men get it wrong---whether or not it is posted on CD in the 21st century, or written by multiple writers 2600 years ago. God limits Himself by choosing sinful men to spread His message that He wants US to act differently than your god does himself.

The bible is a crossed and inconsistent message not unlike many of the presidential tweets.
You continue to move further and further away from the truth - even since I last conversed with you.

Your characterization of me and what I believe is way off.

I don't define God. He defines Himself. I can take His description of Himself by faith or not.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:12 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Must be nice to put your own limitations on who God can be.
It's invigorating and joyous and compelling and [insert any number of positive adjectives here, but "nice" is pretty tame ] to live in complete trust and assurance that God loves each and every one of us, without any limitations or restraint whatsoever.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:27 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It's invigorating and joyous and compelling and [insert any number of positive adjectives here, but "nice" is pretty tame ] to live in complete trust and assurance that God loves each and every one of us, without any limitations or restraint whatsoever.
That I agree with. It is the reason He sent His Son to die for sin, and to be raised to new life - so that anyone can freely can have a relationship with Him through faith.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:01 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
It is. But I am finding it difficult to understand how God can continue to love those who hate the poor, refugees of war, casting out and hunting down people displaced in their childhoods with no way to make any choice in the matter, and those who scream "let them die" on the issue of universal health care while at the same time support spending untold billions upon many billions more for the war machine to kill (only God knows how many more) in war torn countries. I do not understand how or why God will eventually forgive haters and ingrates and fascists who wrap themselves in crimson and purple and say "I sit a queen and will never see sorrow". Yet they have a right to own an AK15 to kill children in school over and over and over. How hard can a person's heart be, I do wonder? And those same people call themselves "Right to Life" supporters????

But I am working on giving my anger to him (asking him to take it away from me) because I do not want to continue allowing the spirit of anti-Christ to drag me down into the bitterness that can happen when the world gets increasingly filled with justified anger. I do not rule out the possibility that God may annihilation some who justify the most unholy ways and call it good and do it in the name of Christ. That is between God and his servants. But of course I will never believe the doctrine of demons of literal, eternal hell fire and if God needs to put some to sleep forever, that is fine with me.
Typical facade tatic of a Alinsky's liberal ... demonize conservative Christians to goad them in being defensive while you swim in your own hypocrisy of bigotry hate and illogical views.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:33 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Quote:
That I agree with. It is the reason He sent His Son to die for sin, and to be raised to new life - so that anyone can freely can have a relationship with Him through faith.
While I know we don't agree about the specifics, I'm happy that we can agree that God's love has no limit.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
God loving us is a very fundamental teaching in Christianity. He sent Hims only son to his death because of it. Salvation is a free gift for all to accept or reject.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity