Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2018, 07:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
She made you, there Finn. The restating of what people said in their posts to make it seem as if they said something else, the pretense to not understand--it's all a game of words to him. I am not even sure what his faith means to him.
It is easy to make claims about other posters without talking to them. RainMusic did the same, and refused to back it up.

Warden refuses to own his words, and you argued I made his post look like something other that what he said/meant, so I will ask YOU to explain this post of his:

Quote:
you have transferred some of Mystic's statements about the Bible to me---perhaps to make me look "evil"
What did he mean? Why would he look evil if he said what Mystic said?

The floor is yours.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-03-2018 at 07:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The way you phrase questions precludes yes or no answers. I am pretty sure it is deliberate. The authors of the Bible WERE ancient, savage, and ignorant (lacked accurate knowledge of the world). Their beliefs and practices WERE primitive and barbaric prima facie. Pointing that out is NOT insulting anyone or personally attacking anyone who happens to believe them in this day and age.
The answer is YES, you routinely describe the authors of the Bible with those words, but I never said it attacks or insults anyone (except the authors, of course). Warden said this about your comments:

Quote:
you have transferred some of Mystic's statements about the Bible to me---perhaps to make me look "evil"
His words, not mine.

I dont care what you think about the Apostles. You can call them any name you want. I think they were godly men, but I do not need you to agree with me.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-03-2018 at 07:52 AM..

Old 03-03-2018, 08:57 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The answer is YES, you routinely describe the authors of the Bible with those words, but I never said it attacks or insults anyone (except the authors, of course). Warden said this about your comments:

His words, not mine.

I dont care what you think about the Apostles. You can call them any name you want. I think they were godly men, but I do not need you to agree with me.
I also clarified that such evil was in YOUR eyes for your self-justification. All you are doing now is taking words out of context and being hypocritical. RainMusic is correct regarding "deviousness."
Quote:
Well, let me clarify---in YOUR mind--saying things like Mystic makes me look evil and feeds into your inferiority complex that presupposes ALL fundamentalists such as you are being picked upon.
post #1464

Quote:
When we cultivate the sense that we have been wronged, we can’t see the wrong that we ourselves are doing. We also give up our power to make things better. If people keep being mean to us through no fault of our own, then we’re helpless as well as victims, at least in our own minds.
https://valerietarico.com/2014/10/07...st-persecuted/

Valerie Tarico is a psychologist and writer in Seattle, Washington. She is the author of Trusting Doubt: A Former Evangelical Looks at Old Beliefs in a New Light and, Deas and Other Imaginings, and the founder of Wisdom Commons: Exploring, Elevating and Celebrating Our Shared Moral Core.

Poor Finn, the whole world picks on him, despite his elevated, tax-free, special treatment by the government.

The floor is yours.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I also clarified that such evil was in YOUR eyes for your self-justification. All you are doing now is taking words out of context and being hypocritical.
Sorry, you don't get to clarify my view, you can only clarify your own view. But of course this is line with your "let me tell you what you believe" nonsense.

I already posted my view, so anything you say to contradict it is just more nonsense.

Own your words!

Quote:
Poor Finn, the whole world picks on him, despite his elevated, tax-free, special treatment by the government. floor is yours.
Say what? My "elevated, tax-free, special treatment by the government" Did you double dose on your meds?

No the world does not pick on me. Few angry & resentful stone throwers does nor equate the whole world. I point out your and Mystics anger so that people would know what they are getting if they buy what you are selling.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:57 AM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
It is easy to make claims about other posters without talking to them. RainMusic did the same, and refused to back it up.

Warden refuses to own his words, and you argued I made his post look like something other that what he said/meant, so I will ask YOU to explain this post of his:

What did he mean? Why would he look evil if he said what Mystic said?

The floor is yours.
No, I did not say anything about what you said about Warden's post. I made a general statement about your posting M.O. of trying to make it look as if people said something other than what they did -- and, lol, you just did it again right there.

Thanks.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:17 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Sorry, you don't get to clarify my view, you can only clarify your own view. But of course this is line with your "let me tell you what you believe" nonsense.

I already posted my view, so anything you say to contradict it is just more nonsense.

Own your words!

Say what? My "elevated, tax-free, special treatment by the government" Did you double dose on your meds?

No the world does not pick on me. Few angry & resentful stone throwers does nor equate the whole world. I point out your and Mystics anger so that people would know what they are getting if they buy what you are selling.
I clarified MY point of view. My point of view is that YOU think Mystic's words are evil. Once again you are being hypocritical. I am telling you what you believe because I read it about Nazis and fundamentalists both. You BOTH practice deviousness, misleading statements, and, as Goebbels once said, "Tell a lie long enough and people will start to believe you."

In your case, you lie to yourself.

And your own questioning about my claim that you are part of a tax-free, special treatment club proves that you did not read my post #1464. And I quoted FACTS there, not opinion, FACTS. I'll post it again here for you to further hypocritically ignore:

Quote:
Persecution? Religion in America never had it so good. When I was writing my 2014 book Taking Liberties: Why Religious Freedom Doesn’t Give You The Right To Tell Other People What To Do, I did some research into the many privileges extended to religious groups in America. Here are just a few:

[Privlige #1]* They receive complete tax exemption by mere dint of their existence. Unlike other non-profits, houses of worship, ministerial groups and religious entities don’t have to apply for tax-exempt status. They are assumed to have it as soon as they form.

[Privilege #2]* They are exempt from mandatory financial reporting laws. Most secular non-profits must once a year file a detailed financial document (a Form 990) with the IRS that must be made available for public inspection. Houses of worship are exempt from this requirement.

[Privilege #3]* Special laws govern church audits. Secular groups can be audited at the merest suspicion of wrong-doing. By act of Congress, proposed audits for houses of worship are subjected to heightened scrutiny. All church audits must be approved by a high-ranking IRS official.

[Privilege 4]* Non-religious non-profits are restricted in the amount of lobbying they can do at the federal level. Under federal law, churches and their “integrated auxiliary” groups are exempt from these regulations. They are not required to report how much lobbying they do or how much they spend to do it. Only a handful of states apply any oversight to church lobbying.

* Religious groups are often treated with great deference by secular authorities. It is often difficult to bring the leaders of large and powerful religious groups to justice, even when they have clearly committed crimes. If you doubt this, consider the pedophilia crisis in the Catholic Church.
---------------------------
It’s the right-wing fundamentalists who won’t stop yapping about “persecution.” So what really is this “persecution”? More often than not, it’s one of two things: spirited opposition to fundamentalist attempts to run our lives or reasonable requests from non-Christian or non-theistic groups for some of the same rights the fundamentalists take for granted.

[Privilege #5]Remember some of the recent flaps over Muslim groups seeking the right to build and open mosques? In one Tennessee county, Muslims had to fight in court for years for that right. How often does this happen to Christian groups in America?

[Privilege #6]Or think about the situation that is currently playing out in at a public high school in Franklin County, Tenn. Students there have launched a Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA) and seek the same right to meet that is already cheerfully extended to two Christian clubs at the school. Some people in town have raised such a fuss that the school board is considering placing restrictions on student groups with the aim of shutting out the GSA. The Liberty Counsel, a Religious Right group run by attorney Mat Staver, has offered to assist the school board in its scheme to find a way to snuff the GSA out of existence.

Incidents like this expose groups like the Liberty Counsel and the larger Religious Right movement for the hypocrites that they are. Imagine the stink Staver would be raising right now if this school were trying to stop conservative Christian students from meeting. He’d be huffing and puffing about "persecution" and threatening a lawsuit, yet he doesn’t want an identically situated non-religious student group to have that right – even though a federal law guarantees it to them.

There is some religious persecution in America – but it’s hardly affecting the conservative Christian community. Their position is one of privilege, and it’s high time they acknowledged that.
https://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-sep...stians-to-stop

Your ilk desires 'christians' to meet in schools, but opposes other groups which wish to do the same---including Muslims.

You are nothing but a privileged hypocrite, but lack the spiritual insight--or more likely desire--to see yourself as you are---your posts are devious---and they have been the best reason ever to answer in the negative to the OP--can Christian Fundamentalism be credibly defended. Answer: NO!!!

Now if you aren't devious you could answer the FACTS in the above quote. Are they wrong? Has none of this happened. Just giving your hypocrisy another opportunity to show itself to unbiased readers.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:57 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Come On! Let's do the twist .... Mr Jarber!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHGXwQeUk7M

Old 03-03-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, I did not say anything about what you said about Warden's post. I made a general statement about your posting M.O. of trying to make it look as if people said something other than what they did -- and, lol, you just did it again right there.

Thanks.
If quoting someones words word by word somehow misrepresents them, you'd have point, but unfortunately you are incorrect.

You guys need so own your words, and not be offended every time you are challenged.

Thanks for stopping by. Its flattering you'd come here just to talk about me. Warden rarely talks about anything else, so I must be an interesting topic.

Old 03-03-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I clarified MY point of view. My point of view is that YOU think Mystic's words are evil.
No, I dont think so. You are the only one who has said so, and now you are working over time trying to insert your words in my mouth. Dishonest.

OWN YOUR WORDS!

Quote:
And your own questioning about my claim that you are part of a tax-free, special treatment club.....
Church? I suppose that can only mean that you are not a part of any church.

Your mockery of the body of Christ is what it is. It is your natural tongue, and has hate written all over it. Jesus was the opposite. He was a love machine.
Quote:
I'll post it again here for you to further hypocritically ignore
Yes, I ignore copy/paste rants, and there is nothing hypocritical about it.

Quote:
You are nothing but a privileged hypocrite, but lack the spiritual insight.......
Lovely. Its gets better every time you repeat it.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-03-2018 at 12:04 PM..

Old 03-03-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Come On! Let's do the twist .... Mr Jarber!
Thank you. I am flattered you'd stop by just to talk about me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity