Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2017, 11:21 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times

Advertisements

Athiest Love to ask these kinds of questions.." Can Christian Fundamentalism be credibly defended?"

when in fact we need to be making them find anything about their philosophies and self indulgences and filthy lies and fake sciences .. that in anyway brings anything good to society? they need to only defend themselves .
We have no need to defend true LIFE and Love and the only sources of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 11:45 AM

692 posts, read 375,314 times
Mike 555 posted.
Quote:
Paul never admitted to being a liar. And I just got through explaining to you (post #435) that what Paul wrote in 1 Cor. 9:20-23 had nothing to do with lying. I'll not bother to repeat myself.
RESPONSE:
Admission 1 “I became as one under the law (though I myself am not under the law)”

Admission 2 “To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law) so that I might win those outside the law.

I’ll (and perhaps other readers) will stick with the plain meaning of words despite your claims to the contrary.

Mike555
Quote:
And who in blazes is this ''we'' you keep referring to? You don't speak for the forum
RESPONSE: Maybe I have a tapeworm!

Old 12-02-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Athiest Love to ask these kinds of questions.." Can Christian Fundamentalism be credibly defended?"

when in fact we need to be making them find anything about their philosophies and self indulgences and filthy lies and fake sciences .. that in anyway brings anything good to society? they need to only defend themselves .
RESPONSE: Are you saying you can't answer that question, or you won't?

Old 12-02-2017, 11:55 AM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
Mike 555 posted.

RESPONSE:
Admission 1 “I became as one under the law (though I myself am not under the law)”

Admission 2 “To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law) so that I might win those outside the law.

I’ll (and perhaps other readers) will stick with the plain meaning of words despite your claims to the contrary.

Mike555

RESPONSE: Maybe I have a tapeworm!
Once again, this has already been explained to you in post #435. Nothing about what Paul wrote there implies a lie on his part.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Can Christian Fundamentalism be credibly defended?

Not so far.

But we're only 444 posts in.

Old 12-02-2017, 01:20 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Quote:

No one has to defend themselves. I say run that freak flag up the pole and let it fly. Say what you see and nothing else.

Old 12-02-2017, 01:58 PM

19,990 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:

So ... Christians, who suckle from the only source of love and true life, are better actors in the world than non-Christians?

That's an unsurprising claim, though. Because after all, there currently sits in the White House, a serial adulterer who stands accused by numerous women of sexually violating them, who is a self-proclaimed sexual predator, who is widely known as a shyster who defrauds vendors and contractors whenever he can, and a mob boss-like individual about as thoroughly corrupt from top to bottom as one can be ... who is where he is with the help, support and encouragement of Christians. There's also a guy who will probably manage to get elected to the Senate despite credible and numerous allegations of pedophilia, and who has been disgraced not once but twice in his role as Supreme Justice of a state supreme court -- by being thrown out by members of his own party for disobeying the law and putting himself above it -- currently this man is aided and abetted, actively and enthusiastically, by mainstream Baptist congregations all over his state.

And that's just two examples. So ... just keep doing such a great job of showing how god sanctifies his children. Just keep selling your birthright for a mess of pottage. You're doing a great job. At this rate, you may even convince some of us unbelievers that you're morally superior.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
...snipping some true stuff for brevity...

And that's just two examples. So ... just keep doing such a great job of showing how god sanctifies his children. Just keep selling your birthright for a mess of pottage. You're doing a great job. At this rate, you may even convince some of us unbelievers that you're morally superior.
Valiant effort, mordant.

Sadly, sarcasm is as wasted on fundies as truth.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:08 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
No one has to defend themselves. I say run that freak flag up the pole and let it fly. Say what you see and nothing else.
80-20 late, 80 20.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Once again, this has already been explained to you in post #435. Nothing about what Paul wrote there implies a lie on his part.
RESPONSE: Given the plain meaning of words, Paul's evidence against himself is inescapable. (Unless you continue to play let's pretend). As we used to say in Latin, "Ipsedixit" (He says it himself)

His epistles admits:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity