Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2017, 05:15 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,656,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
here is all the defense needed for knowing the foundations of his kingdom and their keys , when where and how to use them..and you can't do that with out his word and with out study and his spirit who will lead us to all knowledge of his kingdom and how to access it . ( see dream about learning when I lived in a pillar , one breath of his at a time.. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpQy6ANLKXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8q0aVzricc

because What Jesus did we could do if we Walk Like that and talk like that and follow in his footsteps.. he will give us the keys to the kingdom Of God.. Now he has the keys to creation besides .. we probably can't have those.. but he will work for us and the Father will work for us .
This Myles Munroe, right?

Quote:
His career was not without controversy: in March this year he was criticised by his country’s Foreign Minister, Fred Mitchell, for comments about the LGBT community in the Bahamas. Munroe had said that Mitchell’s support of LGBT people in the Bahamas didn’t “represent the majority of the convictions of the Bahamian people.” Mitchell replied, “Once again Dr Myles Munroe has returned to a theme he does not understand and obviously which he has no knowledge.” Mitchell said Munroe’s “absolute stupidity and wilful deceit is parading around in the pulpit disguised as theology.”

In September Munroe again stirred controversy at home, following a gay pride event. In a statement entitled “Homosexuality – Phobia or Principle”, people, he said, have “hijacked” and “raped” the civil rights movement with their fight for LGBT rights.

Backed up by quotations from the Bible, he also proffered alarming views on womanhood. “The male was created by God to create what he wants,” he said. “The woman you are looking for, brother, does not exist. She is in your head. Your job is to take the raw material you married and cultivate her into the woman in your head. So if you have been married for 20 years and you still don’t like the product you get, that is your fault.”
Myles Munroe: Preacher who outraged many with his views on women and gays | The Independent

Using fundamentalist "thinking" (or lack thereof), perhaps God killed him in an unexplained airplane crash in 2014 to rid the world of still another anti-people person!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 05:36 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,483,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'm a secular humanist. Am I militant?
lmao, you, a militant. sign me up then.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:42 PM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
This is the type of response one gets from a fundamentalist who is stymied by being unable to show HISTORICAL proofs. Note that most of what was printed from Wikipedia came from the book of an historian.
I showed you the numbers and your responded with the old "no true Scotchman" fallacy.

Feel free to believe whatever you want.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:17 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,656,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I showed you the numbers and your responded with the old "no true Scotchman" fallacy.

Feel free to believe whatever you want.
And I showed you the "facts" behind your numbers--from a historian. The interesting thing about statistics like yours is they are sort of like a bikini, what they reveal is very interesting, but what they hide is vital.

You could try reading Lynne Cheney's (the wife of Dick Cheney) book, James Madison, a Life Revisited. It has a wonderful section on the battles taking place over religion among the founders. I didn't know Lynne was the VP's wife until halfway through the book and might not have read it thinking she would echo a lot of his political drama.

But she did not. There was a tremendous argument over the place of religion and government in the writing of the Constitution. Madison was a much better writer than Jefferson and had already suffered some fundamentalist religious viewpoints concerning his epilepsy which he hid from others because it was considered "demon possession" by prominent church leaders in that day, so little Jimmy (he was 5'4") wrote much of what became our Constitution.
Quote:
Madison wrote that he had "a constitutional tendency to sudden attacks somewhat resembling epilepsy which suspended all intellectual function.... They continued throughout my life with prolonged intensity"
http://doctorzebra.com/prez/g04.htm

Cheney is a fair and balanced writer and her book was one of the best biographies I've ever read. I would suggest it to you so that your preconceived notions about the founders might be washed away with knowledge, but knowledge has rarely ever been able to overturn prejudice.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:57 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
You could try reading Lynne Cheney's (the wife of Dick Cheney) book, James Madison, a Life Revisited. It has a wonderful section on the battles taking place over religion among the founders. I didn't know Lynne was the VP's wife until halfway through the book and might not have read it thinking she would echo a lot of his political drama.
Madison and Jefferson were among the very few sharing those views, but feel free to pretend all founders did. I am sure even they did not share your anti-Christian resentment.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:06 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Madison and Jefferson were among the very few sharing those views, but feel free to pretend all founders did. I am sure even they did not share your anti-Christian resentment.
May be not anti christian, but 99% were opposed to any form of government based on RELIGION.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:08 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,977,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
what.. just because a big chicken is related and similar to a little chicken doesn't prove darwin is right !!
it only proves a creator liked chicken genes.. and he really likes all kind of bird/ wing and feather genes it seems as he will use them in the next age also on humans and angels and chickens and probably even some of the "beasts of the field".. maybe He will even build his own Jurassic park.. of course it won't be named that. .
I am a creationist---God did it all.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:11 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,977,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Do you have the Original Manuscripts?
Why were they lost or destroyed?
The originals may have been lost, but the copies are still available and God has assured us that they are reliable.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:20 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,692,812 times
Quote:
This Myles Munroe, right?

Myles Munroe: Preacher who outraged many with his views on women and gays | The Independent

Using fundamentalist "thinking" (or lack thereof), perhaps God killed him in an unexplained airplane crash in 2014 to rid the world of still another anti-people person!
boy was that full of love r what.. so fluffy of you..

Yep and he was all over it !
when doing a study in the flood one day with my kids for a school project.. we figured out just how many of Noah's fathers had died just with in even 100 down to 10 or less years of the flood. Even Methuselah even 1 year before the Flood.. God takes some home because of what is about to happen in this world.. maybe God took them out of this world so that they didn't have to go where and through what the rest of mankind would go through and especially what was going to happen in the Bahamas.

I am betting God knows things man doesn't know YET

you better start praying for the Bahamas Now sir.
MY guess is it is about to get really ugly there.
Just know that His family and friends are all safe
and all together with each other.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:43 AM

8,638 posts, read 4,459,477 times
Quote:
God takes some home because of what is about to happen in this world.. maybe God took them out of this world so that they didn't have to go where and through what the rest of mankind would go through
This happens more often than people realize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity