Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 09:00 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,656,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are all over the place with your definitions. Pick one and stick with it.
So another simple question:

Is the Bible inerrant and infallible.

A simple yes or no will be sufficient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Another simple question for a simple reply:

Is it necessary to believe in the virgin birth in order to be "saved?"

Old 01-08-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
One more simple question for a simple answer:

Do you believe in young earth creationism?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:07 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
So another simple question:

Is the Bible inerrant and infallible.

A simple yes or no will be sufficient.
Anyone answering yes is a fascist nazi, like you were. Right? Stop with the silliness.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Another simple question for a simple reply:

Is it necessary to believe in the virgin birth in order to be "saved?"
No. The thief on the cross knew nothing, and did nothing to be saved.

It is far more simple than you thought:

" For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Old 01-08-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
One more simple question for a simple answer:

Do you believe in young earth creationism?
6000 years? No, and nor is such belief necessary for salvation.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:19 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
A belief system which claims that God condemns people to eternal torment for not believing and/or doing the right things, portrays God as similar to, and infinitely worse than, an abusive spouse. "Love me, or else" is not love, nor is it freedom.
Quote:
That is your opinion of a God you never knew.
... or that of a narcissistic spouse.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. (1 John 4:1)

Old 01-08-2018, 09:51 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,692,812 times
Quote:

Your reduction of God to Santa Claus in the Sky is actually heresy, because God does NOT reward or punish based on whether we are good or bad---and Jesus refuted the OT belief that said the same:

OT says:
Deut 28:12-13

Jesus says:Matt. 5:43-46

You may believe Scripture in your own way--but only when it allows you to shape your god in a fashion that opposes what Jesus brought to earth.
just rattling your cage .. so yes it is heresy for a non-believer to call Big Daddy that.. But not for his kids.. I can call my even my earthly daddy lots of things no other kids will get by with.. I think he likes it.. it is from a totally different heart because I love him.. and he loves me..
I was just rattling that cage you are locked in. you should pray to him about that cage.

Quote:
The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom.
you should read the word before quoting it.. because what you said it is not what it means..
the first verse proves you wrong..
Quote:
Deu 28:1

¶
And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
so you do lie.. and do not know his word.. yet use it to try and confuse the ignorant masses of people who do not know him or his word either. he is keeping a list dummy! and He does check it! all heaven is checking it.... . and so do all the angels . and it is Called the BOOK of LIFE>>>> those in his LIfe . and He does give good gifts to all He loves and those who love Him and stay in Covenant with him.. nothing haS REALLY CHANGED.. HE IS THE SAME TODAY AS YESTERDAY... THE HOW HAS CHANGED A LITTLE OR MAYBE THE WHO .. BUT HE GIVES GIFTS TO MEN ..sometimes his gift is a trip to the woodshed to make sure his kids don't act like the ignorance of fools that goes on at this site.. YOU NEED TO PRAY ABOUT THAT TOO.. THE WOOD SHED IS WAY BETTER THAN THAT CAGE YOU HAVE PUT YOURSELF IN.

ps his blessing always follow those he loves.... thought it does rain on the good and evil the same.. but He is speaking to Israel if they walk righteously and keep in covenant relationship with Him... which they did NOT do and were thus spread to the world in hopes of saving some..
so you decided to misquote a old testament scripture and take it out of context and misinterpreted to prove How wrong fundamentalist are? OK... I sure wonder how that is working out for you!

maybe YOu should talk to Jesus about that too.
along with all the rest of your fears,..

scriptures about how gracious and giving God is and how loving and protecting God is to those who follow and listen to him and stay in covenant faithfully protecting them high above from their neighbors...... while asking if men should dash children's head against the wall..
and somehow it didn't register with you right!!

Old 01-08-2018, 11:12 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
A belief system which claims that God condemns people to eternal torment for not believing and/or doing the right things, portrays God as similar to, and infinitely worse than, an abusive spouse. "Love me, or else" is not love, nor is it freedom.
Amen, Pleroo!
Quote:
That is your opinion of a God you never knew.
That is based on what she was taught by fundamentalist people like you for years. The God she knows internally in her own heart under the guidance of the Comforter confirms the falsity of those fundamentalist beliefs about God. She knows God a lot better than you do, Finn because she loves and everyone who loves knows God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. (1 John 4:1)
Amen! And use the detailed descriptions of the Holy Spirit in 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
just rattling your cage .. so yes it is heresy for a non-believer to call Big Daddy that.. But not for his kids.. I can call my even my earthly daddy lots of things no other kids will get by with.. I think he likes it.. it is from a totally different heart because I love him.. and he loves me..
I was just rattling that cage you are locked in. you should pray to him about that cage.

you should read the word before quoting it.. because what you said it is not what it means..
the first verse proves you wrong..
so you do lie.. and do not know his word.. yet use it to try and confuse the ignorant masses of people who do not know him or his word either. he is keeping a list dummy! and He does check it! all heaven is checking it.... . and so do all the angels . and it is Called the BOOK of LIFE>>>> those in his LIfe . and He does give good gifts to all He loves and those who love Him and stay in Covenant with him.. nothing haS REALLY CHANGED.. HE IS THE SAME TODAY AS YESTERDAY... THE HOW HAS CHANGED A LITTLE OR MAYBE THE WHO .. BUT HE GIVES GIFTS TO MEN ..sometimes his gift is a trip to the woodshed to make sure his kids don't act like the ignorance of fools that goes on at this site.. YOU NEED TO PRAY ABOUT THAT TOO.. THE WOOD SHED IS WAY BETTER THAN THAT CAGE YOU HAVE PUT YOURSELF IN.

ps his blessing always follow those he loves.... thought it does rain on the good and evil the same.. but He is speaking to Israel if they walk righteously and keep in covenant relationship with Him... which they did NOT do and were thus spread to the world in hopes of saving some..
so you decided to misquote a old testament scripture and take it out of context and misinterpreted to prove How wrong fundamentalist are? OK... I sure wonder how that is working out for you!

maybe YOu should talk to Jesus about that too.
along with all the rest of your fears,..

scriptures about how gracious and giving God is and how loving and protecting God is to those who follow and listen to him and stay in covenant faithfully protecting them high above from their neighbors...... while asking if men should dash children's head against the wall..
and somehow it didn't register with you right!!
I asked if you believe that the inspired, infallible Word of God states that "happy is he who dashes the heads of your little ones against the rocks." If it does---DID IT COME FROM GOD or was it a message from a man justifying his thoughts about his enemies. So did it?

I misinterpreted nothing. The OT promises that God will send rain upon those who OBEY Him. But Jesus stated God makes the rain to fall on the just and the unjust.

Would you like me to give you a dozen or so real life cases where dedicated men and women of God could not understand why they were afflicted with cancer, ALS, their children killed in car wrecks, their businesses failed (my own pastor), or their spouses cheated on them. It happens to Christians as much as anyone.

The Bible eschews divorce in both the OT and NT, yet our churches can forgive those sinners and let them come to church even though they may be living in adultery by the Law of the Jews in ancient culture. Divorced pastors now even preach in many churches. Why are you so witchlike to point your finger at homosexuals and call them sinful.

The woodshed. Oh, I know it well as it was my father's first resort even if he wasn't sure I had done wrong. Modern psychology indicates it is EVIL and doesn't work and builds resentful children.

Quote:
In the Journal of Family Psychology, Dr. Elizabeth Gershoff of The University of Texas at Austin brings together studies of the effects of spanking that included a total of 160,927 children. "Our analysis focuses on what most Americans would recognize as spanking and not on potentially abusive behaviors," Gershoff said in a statement. Spanking was defined as an open-handed slap to the buttocks or limbs.

Gershoff concluded that there is an association between spanking and 13 of the 17 detrimental outcomes they tested for. Most strikingly, she found that it is a very ineffective way to get children to follow parents' wishes.

"We found that spanking was associated with unintended detrimental outcomes and was not associated with more immediate or long-term compliance, which are parents' intended outcomes when they discipline their children," Gershoff said.
Huge New Study Reveals The Impact Of Spanking On Children | IFLScience

Quote:
Another study of more than 8,300 people, published last month by the University of Michigan, found that adults who were spanked as children were more likely to feel depressed, attempt suicide, drink heavily or use illegal drugs.

Gershoff points to two popular theories on why corporal punishment seems to have such unintended effects. First: Parents model aggression when they resort to spanking, and children learn by example. The lesson is that hitting is a way to get what you want, especially when Mom and Dad aren't around.
How Spanking Affects Kids - Effects of Corporal Punishment on Children
Quote:
“Spanking predicted increases in children’s aggression over and above initial levels [of aggressive behavior]” and “in none of these longitudinal studies did spanking predict reductions in children’s aggression over time” (p. 134). Instead, spanking predicted increases in children’s aggression.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...s-bad-all-kids

Congratulations on turning your children into potential future abusers.
You do it because the Bible says to, but the brain God gave us allows us to find out that it is NOT true. Maybe your god's morality hasn't developed enough to use a human brain to figure out the consequences of physical abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity