Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2018, 04:22 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Maybe he knew arguing with a deaf, dumb and blind dog is useless and well just kind of pathetic even .
There is none so blind as those who will not see.
And we have been having a great conversation without you all..
The difference between christians in conversations and conversations with non-christians is simple. Christians know our god is bigger and smart than we are.. So we seek to reconconcile him and his truth to all of of his word and all of his actions , and all of his visions and his names etc , they all must fit or we are still wrong and have to keep searching and praying and changing ..

But conversations with non christians. You all think you are smarter than our god and right there is where our conversations should end with you. Until the day you decide you aint all that and start asking legitimate questions not full of tray and flint and lots of gas. So when you really are looking for answers too your questions ..

The biggest problem most christians have is they know our time is short and it is the beginning of the third day and he promises to raise up his kingdom on the third day, just exactly as jesus was raised on the third day. Your time is running out and if i told you all what i really know , you would be worried for you too.
But you can lead a donkey to water ....... Argue on.
Did you just call me a dog? Also, who's the donkey you are leading to water?

Edit: Hey, you have something in common.

Rev 12
12Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea; with great fury the devil has come down to you, knowing he has only a short time.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 01-19-2018 at 04:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 04:39 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8gr8apost8 View Post
did you just call me a dog? Also, who's the donkey you are leading to water?

Edit: Hey, you have something in common.

Rev 12
12therefore rejoice, o heavens, and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea; with great fury the devil has come down to you, knowing he has only a short time.
not as much as you do..

I like God..
But I lOVE dogs .
And I have ridden donkeys..
BUT LIKE HORSES BETTER.
But I won't argue with dogs.
And don't fight with donkeys either.
And that is because I am smarter than them usually.
And so was Pin!
and neither PIn or I are smarter than Our KING..
but we do argue with Him.. that is how you learn. but we want to know. so he answers.
come let us reason together though your sins are as scarlet they shall be made white as snow//// in that ongoing argument...
but your sins won't be made white as snow arguing with PIN or me.
GOODBYE!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-19-2018 at 04:48 PM..

Old 01-19-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
not as much as you do..

I like god..
But i like dogs .
And i have ridden donkeys..
But i won't argue with dogs.
And that is because i am smart .
And so was pin!
What do I have in common? I can see you not arguing with dogs because you see it as pointless. What donkeys have you ridden?

Old 01-19-2018, 06:17 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
Quote:
But conversations with non christians. You all think you are smarter than our god and right there is where our conversations should end with you. Until the day you decide you aint all that and start asking legitimate questions not full of tray and flint and lots of gas. So when you really are looking for answers too your questions ..
Quote:
not as much as you do..

I like God..
But I lOVE dogs .
And I have ridden donkeys..
BUT LIKE HORSES BETTER.
But I won't argue with dogs.
And that is because I am smarter than them usually.
And so was Pin!
and neither PIn or I are smarter than Our KING..
but we do argue with Him.. that is how you learn. but we want to know. so he answers.
come let us reason together though your sins are as scarlet they shall be made white as snow//// in that ongoing argument...
but your sins won't be made white as snow arguing with PIN or me.
GOODBYE!
Yep. That is why I have had most of them on ignore for the past few weeks, and don't post too much here, anymore.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:54 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
your so called education is only a search FOR YOUR supposed " inconsistencies" in it and don't even try and reconcile it ..
The rest of us seek to reconcile the lost terms and words with other verses and concepts presented and or available, even with thOSE LOST TERMS OR WORD IMAGERY TO UNKNOWN CULTURAL ELEMENTS LOST TO TIME , it is consistent and dependable more than any other document RECORDED down through history.

So hike your leg wherever you wish, you just look completely foolish doing that on that book. It is 100% correct if we understand it or not. MOST OF IT BREATHED WORDS STRAIT FROM HIS VOICE OR VISION.. . And will be proved 100% correct at his coming.
No, it is you who are foolish. I don't even LIKE Professor Daniel Wallace who is far too conservative in my view--and so Is the seminary where he teaches---Dallas Theological Seminary.

But then he isn't a fool either.

What you display is similar to any other prejudice---you have an opinion that won't be swayed by facts. Your opinion is so SET, that you won't even investigate facts for yourself. You don't understand the Bible because you don't understand YOU.

In addition there are literally dozens of contrary voices in Scripture. Here's one for you to try and invent a story to reconcile the differences:

Quote:
“Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.”
Exodus 34:7 KJV

Quote:
“The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.”
Numbers 14:18

contrasted with other voices in Scripture that say:

Quote:
“The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.”
Deut. 24:16

Quote:
Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, [and] hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son:
the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
Ezekiel 18:19-20

These are FOUR voices who spoke opposite messages at different times. Or better yet, to put you in a greater pickle, let's say MOSES wrote all of them (he did not). If he did, he was one mixed up dude.

Now you have to reconcile those verses using only Scripture---can you do it? If not, you idol has tarnish on it.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:57 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Maybe he knew arguing with a deaf, dumb and blind dog is useless and well just kind of pathetic even .
There is none so blind as those who will not see.
And we have been having a great conversation without you all..
The difference between christians in conversations and conversations with non-christians is simple. Christians know our god is bigger and smart than we are.. So we seek to reconconcile him and his truth to all of of his word and all of his actions , and all of his visions and his names etc , they all must fit or we are still wrong and have to keep searching and praying and changing ..

The biggest problem most christians have is they know our time is short and it is the beginning of the third day and he promises to raise up his kingdom on the third day, just exactly as jesus was raised on the third day. Your time is running out and if i told you all what i really know , you would be worried for you too.
We people of faith will continue to argue with a deaf, dumb, and blind dog, because we have FAITH in God not a golden calf called the Bible.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
We people of faith will continue to argue with a deaf, dumb, and blind dog, because we have FAITH in God not a golden calf called the Bible.
Are we still talking about me being dumb dog? I have a way of assuming everything is about me and sometimes it gets me in trouble.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:35 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

By the way twice now you have called me a liar and I proved what I said was accurate. Yet you still accuse me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
pinnacled seems to have (conveniently?) disappeared from the thread.
Quote:
Maybe he knew arguing with a deaf, dumb and blind dog is useless and well just kind of pathetic even ....
The point is that, per usual, pinacled accused someone of being dishonest and when it was pointed out to him that these were false accusations, rather than acknowledge it and maybe even apologizing, he disappeared.

But, someone who calls a lovely human being like L8 a dog and a donkey probably doesn’t see a problem with someone else falsely accusing her of lying.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:44 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I guess the originals said they are reliable. But since you have a copy, you can't be sure that what is stated in the copy is reliable.

There is a way to get close to certainty, it just doesn't involve ignorant thinking. It requires scholarly study.

The oldest copy of Jeremiah was discovered in the Qumran Scrolls. It is one-seventh SHORTER, and in a completely different order, than what is in our English Bibles today. Shouldn't we be using THAT version of Jeremiah, since it is closer to the original?

I believe it is reliable (not necessarily historical) in terms of what it tells us about Jesus--particularly in the synoptic gospels. But Scripture is full of contradictions--meaning at different times different writers had different viewpoints--so, no, God didn't whisper into anyone's ear to "write this down."

God, Himself, apparently wasn't too concerned about Scripture as in that book of Jeremiah a King burns the first scroll. God then tells Jeremiah to write a second scroll and ADD additional material to it. Then orders Jeremiah to throw it in the sea.

Since we have one version in our English Bibles and a different one in the oldest extant manuscript, either Jeremiah didn't throw the second one away, or we have a third, which makes more sense because of the added material by scribes that made the one we use now one seventh longer.

Now Isaiah? The Dead Sea Scrolls show it virtually word for word compared to later manuscripts. But just because one got it right, doesn't tell all the story. Understanding Scripture doesn't require one to scuttle their intellect, rather it challenges us to use it in new ways.

God obviously had a purpose in allowing the Dead Sea Scrolls to turn up 2000 years after the fact. Maybe it was to show fools that His message for each generation must be reinterpreted for the culture in which we live.
"For the culture" is rationalization, not interpretation.

Certainly if God can create the universe and all it contains, He certainly has the ability to assure men has an accurate copy of what we need to know about Him and what He expects of us.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:48 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The truth is men wrote the Bible, lifting it up as a high-tower to reach the heavens.
The truth is that men wrote what God inspired them to write. Many spiritual concepts are beyond man's limited mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity