Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 06:07 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times

Advertisements

To bad you cant understand figurative language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In short, you believe what you want to believe. If it "tickles your ears" it's fact. If it doesn't, it's metaphor.
In short you disbelieve what you want to . It tickles your ears. To bad you do not understand figurative language.

Quote:
Typical fundie "logic."
Typical secular fundie illogic.

Quote:
Sorry, I simply cannot turn the rational side of my brain off at will -- which is what is required to believe what you do.
Sorry, to turn something off they must have it.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
So that's metaphorical but hell isn't?

That's metaphorical but the Adam/Eve/Noah stories are not?
You tell us and don't forget to include your evidence.

Quote:
Loaves and fishes...? Metaphorical or actual?
You tell us and don't forget to present your evidence.

Quote:
Do YOU really believe Jesus died and got better a couple of days later? Or is it a metaphorical story of spiritual rebirth?

O you don't have any evidence for what you believe. Tell us something we didn't already know.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:37 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
John 6:51-54 - "I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh." 52 Then the Jews began to argue with one another, saying, "How can this man give us His flesh to eat?" 53 So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.
Any Jewish rabbi could have come saying the exact same thing,'' Come and eat of my flesh.''

The first Passover lamb stood in the stead for each first born son, but after Moses came down from that mountain, God had made each priest stand as a Passover lamb for each first born son and there were not enough priests to go around for each first born, the ones who didn't have their own personal priest had to pay a temple tax for not having a priest, and so as tribes emerged, and after Judah stood alone, then the prophets say,'' Ten men will grasp the sleeve of ONE JEW, and beg that Jew to teach him, and to let him be called by his name.''

This idea is evolved from the drastic end of the Northern kingdom of Israel known as the ten lost tribes, and so ten men from every nation would come seeking one Jew. Jesus just came saying what was evident of the bible. The Talmud also expands on this saying that thousands of Gentiles are connected to each of the 4 corners of that garment that ten Gentiles will take ahold of to beg, and this further evolved to one Jew standing for his own gentile congregation of ten Gentile virgins. Jesus has a legal congregation of ten virgins because he is a Jew. Jesus came to be the messenger of the covenant, and when he had come, he should have found hundreds of Gentiles standing alongside each Jew. The idea is to take the Gentiles of Ephraim and make them one man with Judah in a marriage and one cannot be gathered without the other.

Each Jew stands as a Passover lamb as the whole nation are to become a nation of priests and kings, and each of these priests will have their own congregation, each king it's own world and while there is still a physical Jew, there are also spiritual Jews who were born Gentiles, but who have also become priests, and Levites as Isaiah 66 says. There is only one way for a Gentile to become a priest, and EVEN to be called a Levite, who would have ever thought a Gentile could be called a Levite?

Those ten virgins of Jesus, the 5 foolish and the 5 wise, this is the kingdom after the servant is cut in half, and this is when Gentile Believers left Jesus and Judaism behind when they no longer knew the comings and goings of their own master. Those 5 wise virgins knew that the covenant had been broken between Jew and Gentile 100 years after Jesus died, and those 5 wise virgins went out and found an actual living and breathing Jew to become one with, and these Gentiles make a literal covenant with a willing Jew to serve.

The greatest promise God gives a Gentile is to become a son of oil, and it would be useless for a Gentile to call himself a priest unless God has appointed him as a priest, and how do we know that God has appointed a Gentile to be a Levite?

WE KNOW because the wise Gentile saw the broken covenant and he went out and grasp the garment of a Jew and he pleaded and begged the Jew to become one family, that the Gentile would serve and do anything in order to become one family like the prophets say, that ten men from every nation will come grasping the garment of a Jew and begging and pleading with the Jew to help him fix the broken covenant where the Jew and Gentile had become one stick in the hand of the Lord, but then the Gentile abandoned the Jews just 100 years after Jesus.

From that time on, no Gentile has been in the covenant unless they sought to seek it themselves, and unless they came repenting as the Ten tribes HAVE TO DO. We Gentiles are only grafted through the promise spoken to those ten tribes.

THE PROMISE is that God ended their kingdom, but he took those ten tribes and actually planted them in the nations of the world as seeds, and he intends to reap a harvest from all nations. Any Gentile can come under the covenant of Jesus to become one with Jews, but if a virgin is wise, she will go out and find a Jew and give him all that she has, and all that she is.

Duties of the Levites
…11Again the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 12"Now, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the sons of Israel instead of every firstborn, the first issue of the womb among the sons of Israel. So the Levites shall be Mine. 13"For all the firstborn are Mine; on the day that I struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, I sanctified to Myself all the firstborn in Israel, from man to beast. They shall be Mine; I am the LORD."…

The wise virgin knows what a vessel is because she knows she is a vessel. The wise virgin goes out and finds another vessel and by bringing the oil of kindness and healing, God makes good on his promise to give that Gentile the oil he is buying with his own money and his own time. He thinks he is giving up everything, but what he gets in return cannot be measured in money. You can't out give God.

How to buy oil.

Isaiah 66
20And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. 21And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

If God appoints a Gentile as a Levite, that Gentile becomes a son of oil, and God pours oil on his head BECAUSE he purchased it with his servitude following the desires of God and performing the duties of a Priest by bringing a Jew as an offering to God.

Before one can buy oil, he must first find an extra vessel that both are filled with oil.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:11 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
needs mayo
Sriracha sauce would add diversity...

Old 12-04-2017, 03:13 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
To bad you cant understand figurative language.
mirror is another way for us to understand our limitations.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
mirror is another way for us to understand our limitations.

That may help but it will not give us all of our limitations.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:25 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Any Jewish rabbi could have come saying the exact same thing,'' Come and eat of my flesh.''

The first Passover lamb stood in the stead for each first born son, but after Moses came down from that mountain, God had made each priest stand as a Passover lamb for each first born son and there were not enough priests to go around for each first born, the ones who didn't have their own personal priest had to pay a temple tax for not having a priest, and so as tribes emerged, and after Judah stood alone, then the prophets say,'' Ten men will grasp the sleeve of ONE JEW, and beg that Jew to teach him, and to let him be called by his name.''

This idea is evolved from the drastic end of the Northern kingdom of Israel known as the ten lost tribes, and so ten men from every nation would come seeking one Jew. Jesus just came saying what was evident of the bible. The Talmud also expands on this saying that thousands of Gentiles are connected to each of the 4 corners of that garment that ten Gentiles will take ahold of to beg, and this further evolved to one Jew standing for his own gentile congregation of ten Gentile virgins. Jesus has a legal congregation of ten virgins because he is a Jew. Jesus came to be the messenger of the covenant, and when he had come, he should have found hundreds of Gentiles standing alongside each Jew. The idea is to take the Gentiles of Ephraim and make them one man with Judah in a marriage and one cannot be gathered without the other.

Each Jew stands as a Passover lamb as the whole nation are to become a nation of priests and kings, and each of these priests will have their own congregation, each king it's own world and while there is still a physical Jew, there are also spiritual Jews who were born Gentiles, but who have also become priests, and Levites as Isaiah 66 says. There is only one way for a Gentile to become a priest, and EVEN to be called a Levite, who would have ever thought a Gentile could be called a Levite?

Those ten virgins of Jesus, the 5 foolish and the 5 wise, this is the kingdom after the servant is cut in half, and this is when Gentile Believers left Jesus and Judaism behind when they no longer knew the comings and goings of their own master. Those 5 wise virgins knew that the covenant had been broken between Jew and Gentile 100 years after Jesus died, and those 5 wise virgins went out and found an actual living and breathing Jew to become one with, and these Gentiles make a literal covenant with a willing Jew to serve.

The greatest promise God gives a Gentile is to become a son of oil, and it would be useless for a Gentile to call himself a priest unless God has appointed him as a priest, and how do we know that God has appointed a Gentile to be a Levite?

WE KNOW because the wise Gentile saw the broken covenant and he went out and grasp the garment of a Jew and he pleaded and begged the Jew to become one family, that the Gentile would serve and do anything in order to become one family like the prophets say, that ten men from every nation will come grasping the garment of a Jew and begging and pleading with the Jew to help him fix the broken covenant where the Jew and Gentile had become one stick in the hand of the Lord, but then the Gentile abandoned the Jews just 100 years after Jesus.

From that time on, no Gentile has been in the covenant unless they sought to seek it themselves, and unless they came repenting as the Ten tribes HAVE TO DO. We Gentiles are only grafted through the promise spoken to those ten tribes.

THE PROMISE is that God ended their kingdom, but he took those ten tribes and actually planted them in the nations of the world as seeds, and he intends to reap a harvest from all nations. Any Gentile can come under the covenant of Jesus to become one with Jews, but if a virgin is wise, she will go out and find a Jew and give him all that she has, and all that she is.

Duties of the Levites
…11Again the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 12"Now, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the sons of Israel instead of every firstborn, the first issue of the womb among the sons of Israel. So the Levites shall be Mine. 13"For all the firstborn are Mine; on the day that I struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, I sanctified to Myself all the firstborn in Israel, from man to beast. They shall be Mine; I am the LORD."…

The wise virgin knows what a vessel is because she knows she is a vessel. The wise virgin goes out and finds another vessel and by bringing the oil of kindness and healing, God makes good on his promise to give that Gentile the oil he is buying with his own money and his own time. He thinks he is giving up everything, but what he gets in return cannot be measured in money. You can't out give God.

How to buy oil.

Isaiah 66
20And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. 21And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

If God appoints a Gentile as a Levite, that Gentile becomes a son of oil, and God pours oil on his head BECAUSE he purchased it with his servitude following the desires of God and performing the duties of a Priest by bringing a Jew as an offering to God.

Before one can buy oil, he must first find an extra vessel that both are filled with oil.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:03 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
You tell us and don't forget to include your evidence.

O you don't have any evidence for what you believe. Tell us something we didn't already know.
Trout made some good points, asked some good questions. Let me ask you something, when Israel sinned and the snakes were sent out, Moses put a snake on a pole and all the people had to look at the snake upon the pole. Wasn't this pointing to Jesus? You look at the dead snake on the pole and recieve healing from Jesus?

I mean, in your spiritualizing and metaphor, doesn't this seem obvious?

Old 12-28-2017, 11:09 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
The word of God is the bread, which gives the life.

The word says;

"It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is useless. The words I spoke to you are spirit and life."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity