Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 03:34 AM

919 posts, read 609,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Do YOU really believe Jesus died and got better a couple of days later?
Even to this day, guile & exaggeration to get ones point across is accepted practice in the Middle East.
Maybe it was a case of Chinese Whispers or just a misinterpretation of the facts? Who knows?
But you might just have hit the nail on the head.

Bear with me here ....... what if Jesus ate a dodgy curry that gave him a severe case of food poisoning? That never feels good, you know with the projectile vomiting, the explosive diarrhea, feeling so bad that death would be preferable, and Jesus was asked how he was feeling & he said that he felt like death warmed up? That's probably where the rumour started that he was dead in the first place.

It would be quite understandable that he hid in a cave for a few days because nobody wants people to witness them leaking violently from both ends, right?
So after a few days he felt much better & when he reappeared people called it a miracle because in those days people just didn't recover from a dodgy curry.

That'd make a lot more sense than waking from death itself. I mean, had he really been dead, without refrigeration he'd be a bit on the nose from decomposition & nobody would've sat next to him at the last supper because of the stench, without retching & spewing all over the dinner table.

I still haven't worked out the flying off into the clouds thing but I'm sure that there must be a logical explanation for that as well. When I figure it out I'll get back to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 07:13 AM

996 posts, read 785,126 times
The Master, during the course of this final prayer with his apostles, alluded to the fact that he had manifested the Father’s name to the world. And that is truly what he did by the revelation of God through his perfected life in the flesh. The Father in heaven had sought to reveal himself to Moses, but he could proceed no further than to cause it to be said, “I AM.” And when pressed for further revelation of himself, it was only disclosed, “I AM that I AM.” But when Jesus had finished his earth life, this name of the Father had been so revealed that the Master, who was the Father incarnate, could truly say:
I am the bread of life.
I am the living water.
I am the light of the world.
I am the desire of all ages.
I am the open door to eternal salvation.
I am the reality of endless life.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the pathway of infinite perfection.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the secret of eternal survival.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.
I am the infinite Father of my finite children
I am the true vine; you are the branches.
I am the hope of all who know the living truth.
I am the living bridge from one world to another.
I am the living link between time and eternity.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:26 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
needs mayo
Eggs and all the wholesome life giving Word is available in the Spirit.

I imagine a Gold tried in Fire then made into a container for the Heavenly Manna.
Do you know what Gold this is?

Old 12-29-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroadg View Post
the master, during the course of this final prayer with his apostles, alluded to the fact that he had manifested the father’s name to the world. And that is truly what he did by the revelation of god through his perfected life in the flesh. The father in heaven had sought to reveal himself to moses, but he could proceed no further than to cause it to be said, “i am.” and when pressed for further revelation of himself, it was only disclosed, “i am that i am.” but when jesus had finished his earth life, this name of the father had been so revealed that the master, who was the father incarnate, could truly say:
i am the bread of life.
I am the living water.
I am the light of the world.
I am the desire of all ages.
I am the open door to eternal salvation.
I am the reality of endless life.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the pathway of infinite perfection.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the secret of eternal survival.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.
I am the infinite father of my finite children
i am the true vine; you are the branches.
I am the hope of all who know the living truth.
I am the living bridge from one world to another.
I am the living link between time and eternity.

glory glory glory

Old 12-30-2017, 04:48 PM

Daily bread, where do I find it.

Old 12-30-2017, 04:53 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
The mouth of God.

But what do i know.

Old 12-31-2017, 03:52 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The mouth of God.

But what do i know.
Like a baby bird you roll your head back and open wide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity