Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 03:54 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I am asking you what was he before he was complete? I am not asking you what Perfect is or what complete is. "And being made perfect" Hebrews Chaper 5 verse 9
If I may take the liberty to refer to Philippians 2:5-8 that Jesus willingly accepted the come-to-earth assignment.
Jesus emptied himself of his perfect heavenly glory and took a lower earthly human form. - Hebrews 5:9-10
Remaining faithful would prove Satan's false claim at Job 2:4-5 that under adverse conditions we would prove unfaithful.
Being God's firstborn in the heavens ( Col. 3:15; Rev. 1:5; 3:14 B ) then Jesus provides the finest or perfect evidence in hallowing his Father's name.

Unlike heaven, while on earth Jesus, as the promised Messiah and High Priest, it would mean that he would undergo a test of his integrity toward his God under those new or different adverse circumstances unlike what Satan had.
Faithful under such suffering or adverse conditions ' made ' Jesus perfectly fit for his position as Messiah and High Priest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If we love one another his love is perfected in us.
It casts out all fear and the thought of torment.
...And I find at Jesus' New commandment of John 13:34-35 we are to love one another as Jesus loved us.
We are now to love neighbor more than self, just as Jesus set the example in showing self-sacrificing love for others.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
...And I find at Jesus' New commandment of John 13:34-35 we are to love one another as Jesus loved us.
We are now to love neighbor more than self, just as Jesus set the example in showing self-sacrificing love for others.
As ourselves.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:31 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I am asking you what was he before he was complete? I am not asking you what Perfect is or what complete is. "And being made perfect" Hebrews Chaper 5 verse 9
He was walking the earth as Jesus, fully God, fully man, with 12 disciples, healing people, casting out demons, etc. The account of his ministry is in the 4 Gospels.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
He was walking the earth as Jesus, fully God, fully man, with 12 disciples, healing people, casting out demons, etc. The account of his ministry is in the 4 Gospels.
Besides the four gospel accounts, I find gospel writer John also wrote Revelation as per Rev. 1:1.
John writes at Rev. 1:5; 3:14 B that Jesus was the beginning of the creation by God.
Paul writes at Colossians 1:15 that Jesus was God's first born as in His first heavenly Son before sending him to Earth.
John concludes John 20:31 that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.
Jesus at John 10:36 replies that he is the Son of God.
Martha at John 11:27 also believes Jesus is Son.
With Peter as spokesman for the apostles at John 6:69 thinks Jesus is God's Son.
Nathanael at John 1:49 thinks Jesus is Son.
And John at John 1:18; John 6:46 says No man has seen God at any time which is in harmony with 1st John 4:12 and Exodus 33:28.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:46 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Was that before he was made complete/perfect or after he was made complete/perfect?.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:58 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
It's written with words. Just read them. And don't try to insert a meaning into it, no matter how warm and fuzzy it makes you feel.
Duh!

Thats what I've been saying.

You guys need to have bible classes to explain what the written word means. Right?

Old 11-29-2017, 05:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:

Retro-Rebirth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd85Qim_Z6A

Old 11-29-2017, 05:16 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
wow...that's.....just.....wow........creepy
Yea eating and drinking the flesh and blood of your god boy isn't creeeeepy?

Old 11-29-2017, 05:52 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Why was Jesus born by a virgin?

My guess, as a writer, is it adds a "wow" factor to the story that would impress primitive people.
It does. It also preserves an aura of "Purity" which must precede the coming of a god or demigod. It also removes the human element from the birth, leaving a more Divine explanation for the followers.

If you pick up that old dusty comparative religion textbook from college, you will find that many gods and demigods were virgin born, including Krishna, Zoroaster and of course, Horus, whose mythology strongly influenced the beliefs of early followers while both Israel and Egypt shared a common enemy of Rome

Amongst the Greek and Roman gods, many related stories of Virgin birth existed. And even some Romans themselves, such as a few Caesars made claims of Virgin Birth.

Virgin Birth is very common in almost all religions. By definition, a demigod is anyone who was conceived by a human mother (Possibly virgin) and a god..... Jesus would be a perfect example of this definition.

There is certainly a wow factor...a sense of "my daddy's a god and yours is not" But it makes for a common mythology. Without a "Miracle" of a virgin birth, then there can be no revealing of a god to his or her followers For that, the purpose is served.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity