Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 03:33 PM

919 posts, read 609,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist1968 View Post
Hi Legion, thanks for the reply. Your father had no right to beat you like that, he is lucky you didn't follow suit into being a violent person.

Regarding your beliefs, they are not Christian. Meaning when something is not Christian, it is of the devil. That's just how it is. Light vs darkness, Truth vs a lie, Sinner vs saint, they are polar opposites. If you would like me to direct you to a bible believing church which you've never experienced (because if you had, your father wouldn't be beating you regularly, that is NOT christian beliefs). When my son was older, I spanked him twice. That's it. No brusing, nothing. And that was because we were in a hot car 101 degrees and he was going nuts. I was afraid much longer, his temprament and such, he could die.

The only reason anyone knows of Jesus Christ is because of the bible. The Old testament was bad, it had many things God didn't ordain, and his laws couldn't be kept by humans so he came in the flesh to die for Christians. Those who accept him and his teachings, not those who want to replace him saying things liek they had multiple souls and lives prior to this one. Christ died once for your sins, past and future sins. He didn't die multiple times for all the multiple lives. IN Hebrews, animals needed to die multiple times for the blood to cover that particular sin(s) but as Christ told us, he died Once for all.

For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God-Romans 6:10
If we had multiple lives, Christ would need to die for every one of those lives. How sad to think he's done this, it was very painful for him to die on the cross just once.

Christ died and was resurrected, and Christians died and was ressurrected with Christ. So all their present, past and future sins are covered since Christ imputes his righteousness into us. Though we sin, God looks at our righteousness and not our sin, in order to see us as pure and holy like Christ. Deserving of Heaven.

They are now re-born again. Born again Christians. How many times can you be born again out of your mothers womb? asked someone to Jesus. Jesus replied ONCE and now you are born of the holy spirit.
You went from kind straight to rude & insulting. Typical.

Does it not concern you in the least that the biggest influence of the NT was a traitorous Jew who worked for the Romans, who hallucinated due to dehydration while 'On the road to Damascus', who'd never met Jesus, who admitted that he was totally ignorant as to what Jesus taught & who admitted that he lied to 'further Gods glory' after he was confronted by the Rabbis students 'missionaries'?

You're not at all concerned that your Bible was in the hands of corrupt immoral men for over a thousand years, who changed the Bible & Christian doctrine as they saw fit?
Grubs like Emperor Justinian who declared the basic tenet of reincarnation, as taught by Jesus, anathema so that his former prostitute wife could deify him upon his death? Like Pope Leo X who chortled "How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us." (The Catholic church doesn't even bother to deny the quote. They just pretend that he meant other than what he said)
That the Bibles been CHANGED over 14,800 times between the 1st Bible & the KJV?

You're not even worried about the fact that the Boogy-man Devil guy didn't even exist in the OT? That it's the creation of a grub who justifies lying for the Lord? Who turned the parables into supernatural 'miracles'?

You're not even the slightest bit worried that 'Heaven' has limited vacancies? That only 144,000 will be saved? It'd be really smug, not to mention ignorant, to think that you'll make the cut.

If you're to believe the Bible, Jesus says that Gentiles are irrelevant to him, that he ONLY came to save Jews. It certainly would explain why he totally ignored my childhood pleas. Unless you're a Jew, then you're sh_it out of luck.

I'm regularly asked to help people who feel threatened by negative entities (what you would call 'demons') often after Christian efforts have failed.
My favourite example is of a family who'd been experiencing poltergeist activity. Not knowing what to do, they sought help from the Catholic church who sent their official exorcist.
According to the parents, the priest was in the house for less than 10 minutes before turning pale & fled shrieking 'It's evil! It's evil!' over & over, lol. Love that story. Shows the power fear holds over the weak of mind. A priest scared of a naughty entity. Simply hilarious.

We are 'born-again' time after time. Jesus taught reincarnation. Reincarnation was a basic tenet of Christian doctrine until it was declared anathema by the immoral Emperor Justinian. But I guess if you choose to take the word of an immoral grub over that of the Rabbi Jesus, then that's up to you. But it does show that you're really not that interested in what Jesus actually taught.

And no, I'm not retarded. I did suffer from depression for many years thanks to the treatment from my father & other Christians, but the truth has set me free from that darkness.
I no longer fear death nor do I fear a psychopathic God. That's the reward for learning to think for myself.
You should try it yourself sometime rather than trying to plant the seed of fear & falsehoods into others minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 01:56 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
Thank you all for your replies.
I believe the best thing that I can do it as DRob4JC said.
And that is to give my sister and her family the grace that God gives me
when I mess up- which is a lot!
I enjoyed the Biblical responses and encouragement you've given me.
It's so hard in this life when your heart aches for others.
One’s good relationship with G-d depends on what one believes about G-d...If one believes that G-d is about love and forgiveness or one believes that G-d is about hell-fire and brimstone...Who’s correct?...One person is wrong and the other is right, but both believe that they have the correct relationship with G-d...In other words, maybe your sister has the good relationship with G-d and you only think that you have the correct relationship with G-d....

Old 12-10-2017, 11:20 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
I am a Christian. I have some sisters who say they are Christians and some sisters who I believe are Christians.

A year or so ago one of my sisters wrote that her daughter is divorcing her husband of 8 years because of mental abuse and alcoholism on his part. That's pretty much all she wrote.
My sister stopped all communication with us sisters. She won't answer texts, won't join in any texting conversations, won't reply to emails....nothing.

Her daughter moved in with my sis and her husband last year. She has 3 wonderful children she brought with her. The ex-husband isn't saying anything. I still have him as a friend on FB and he is friendly but won't talk about what happened. He said he can't say anything right now but will later.
The daughter has deleted her social pages (Facebook and her blog.)

The daughter who is 37 years old claims she's a Christian but would never be friends with me on FB. The daughter is beautiful on the outside and knows it.
When she did post something or send pictures it was mostly of her posing in a picture. One wall in her home had nothing but pictures of her on it.
Yes, it's all about her. Her mother, my sister treats her like a princess. Everything they do revolves around this daughter.

I have read that when someone ignores you it's a sign of pride/arrogance because YOU do not deserve my attention. And this little rule of thumb is usually true.
I look at my own life and see that when I ignored someone it was because of pride.

So, what do you think? Why is my sister ignoring us? Is she really a Christian? When someone's relationship isn't right with me it's a sign their relationship isn't good with the Lord either.
It's been over a year. How can she continue this way? Her husband who is a Christian doesn't reach out to us either.

We sisters, are heart-broken. I miss my sister and love her dearly.
I just can't understand how someone whom I believe to be a Christian can act like I dropped off the face of the earth.

We other sisters text pictures and things that are happening in our lives to each other (including her) but she never responds.

It was a stumbling block to me at first, something we are warned not to do to others. They don't seem to care that a lot of the family has stumbled over how they are behaving or that they are hurting others.
What do you think is going on?
Thank you for your help and understanding.

I think you should leave them alone.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:48 PM

436 posts, read 302,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
You went from kind straight to rude & insulting. Typical.

Does it not concern you in the least that the biggest influence of the NT was a traitorous Jew who worked for the Romans, who hallucinated due to dehydration while 'On the road to Damascus', who'd never met Jesus, who admitted that he was totally ignorant as to what Jesus taught & who admitted that he lied to 'further Gods glory' after he was confronted by the Rabbis students 'missionaries'?

You're not at all concerned that your Bible was in the hands of corrupt immoral men for over a thousand years, who changed the Bible & Christian doctrine as they saw fit?
Grubs like Emperor Justinian who declared the basic tenet of reincarnation, as taught by Jesus, anathema so that his former prostitute wife could deify him upon his death? Like Pope Leo X who chortled "How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us." (The Catholic church doesn't even bother to deny the quote. They just pretend that he meant other than what he said)
That the Bibles been CHANGED over 14,800 times between the 1st Bible & the KJV?

You're not even worried about the fact that the Boogy-man Devil guy didn't even exist in the OT? That it's the creation of a grub who justifies lying for the Lord? Who turned the parables into supernatural 'miracles'?

You're not even the slightest bit worried that 'Heaven' has limited vacancies? That only 144,000 will be saved? It'd be really smug, not to mention ignorant, to think that you'll make the cut.

If you're to believe the Bible, Jesus says that Gentiles are irrelevant to him, that he ONLY came to save Jews. It certainly would explain why he totally ignored my childhood pleas. Unless you're a Jew, then you're sh_it out of luck.

I'm regularly asked to help people who feel threatened by negative entities (what you would call 'demons') often after Christian efforts have failed.
My favourite example is of a family who'd been experiencing poltergeist activity. Not knowing what to do, they sought help from the Catholic church who sent their official exorcist.
According to the parents, the priest was in the house for less than 10 minutes before turning pale & fled shrieking 'It's evil! It's evil!' over & over, lol. Love that story. Shows the power fear holds over the weak of mind. A priest scared of a naughty entity. Simply hilarious.

We are 'born-again' time after time. Jesus taught reincarnation. Reincarnation was a basic tenet of Christian doctrine until it was declared anathema by the immoral Emperor Justinian. But I guess if you choose to take the word of an immoral grub over that of the Rabbi Jesus, then that's up to you. But it does show that you're really not that interested in what Jesus actually taught.

And no, I'm not retarded. I did suffer from depression for many years thanks to the treatment from my father & other Christians, but the truth has set me free from that darkness.
I no longer fear death nor do I fear a psychopathic God. That's the reward for learning to think for myself.
You should try it yourself sometime rather than trying to plant the seed of fear & falsehoods into others minds.
Legion it was never my intention to be rude. Sorry if that is the way it came across.
None of us, including Apostle Paul, need to have spoke with God directly to be a Christian.
Regarding the devil and the OT, in the first book called Genesis, he introduces himself causing the greatest curse on humanity ever endured.

Again, you clearly are enduring a mental illness. My guess is that your Father and other influences caused this. That doesn't mean you need to avoid becoming a child of God and being part of his True Church. My offer remains if you want to contact me via pm for a referral to a bible believing church. I am only going to listen to their sermons online prior to referring them.

There is no such thing as re-incarnation. We are vegabonds here, meaning this is akin to a vacation. Our citizenship is in heaven. Meaning our true home is in heaven with our heavenly father, not here. There are no multiple lives. You sound like you are enduring schizophrenia to me. Either way, God can save you just as he saved me and others.

Blessings to you. Sorry I didn't say what you wanted to hear but what I felt God placed on my heart. And what I have been taught via the scriptures. Hope to hear from you soon. Blessings to you

Old 12-11-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Legion it was never my intention to be rude. Sorry if that is the way it came across.
None of us, including Apostle Paul, need to have spoke with God directly to be a Christian.
Regarding the devil and the OT, in the first book called Genesis, he introduces himself causing the greatest curse on humanity ever endured.
Where did Satan introduce himself?....

Old 12-12-2017, 01:26 AM

436 posts, read 302,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where did Satan introduce himself?....
re-read what you quoted

Old 12-12-2017, 04:40 AM

Quote:
re-read what you quoted
Like I said, where did Satan introduce himself?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity