Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 07:33 PM

22,749 posts, read 10,207,716 times

Advertisements

Isn't it funny that Jesus used John to see if the Jews believed in a very clever way, and today you can use the same John the Baptist is speaking to Christians as if the tables were turned and Christians sit where Jews used to sit, and ask the same questions of Elijah and John.

Who wants the spirit of Elijah to really come to them? What Gentile?

Again, The spirit of Elijah and John the Baptist are specifically to Gentiles, not Jews. There would be no reason for the spirit of Elijah to come to a Jew now would there?

Jesus speaks of these last days when the spirit of Elijah will again return, and here am I, any questions about what my spirit is here to do?

Old 12-09-2017, 07:43 PM

Because I am in a generous mood, I am going to tell everyone how this thing works.

If you are a Gentile who wants an inheritance in Israel, then the Spirit of ELIJAH MUST come to you, and after it has come, you MUST walk your 42 months that only has one conclusion and this conclusion is to be appointed a new head. The spirit of Elijah comes to a Gentile to bring him back to God, and so the Gentile who can't come back with respect to the laws of God will never receive the spirit of Elijah in the first place, and if one wants to get beheaded and be appointed a new head, he has to be given the spirit of Elijah FIRST, and he can't even begin until the spirit has come. You have to surrender to the spirit if you want to receive and move on, you have to acknowledge the truth of what the spirit of Elijah comes to do lest God curses the earth and YOU ARE the earth.

Receiving the spirit of Elijah is only the first step.

What does the spirit of Elijah come to do?

Anybody?

Old 12-09-2017, 07:45 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,467,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
What do you witness?

I know what I witness, and I know the witness of he who is with me, He is in me, and I am in him, do you even know the name of the third witness?

No, I don't see you yet, but maybe far off.
Tell me my name where I live and I might believe you. a DM would be preferable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Yep, according to the fairy-tale (that was actually plagiarised from the Sibylline writings that were written circa 500 BCE) Gods going to go on the rampage & let forth the hordes of evil that he created just for this special occasion. Gods 'coming out' party
Dang I get so confused. One skeptic says the Bible was plagiarize from Babylon writings. Another says from Egyptian god stories. A third suggests summarian myths. I think atheists need to have a chat and agree on one story. That would help with the credibility factor..

Old 12-09-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

Dang I get so confused. One skeptic says the Bible was plagiarize from Babylon writings. Another says from Egyptian god stories. A third suggests summarian myths. I think atheists need to have a chat and agree on one story. That would help with the credibility factor..
''Tell me my name,'' lol.

Mark, Steve, O, I know, you sound like a Ted.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:20 PM

The Transfiguration
…10The disciples asked Him, “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?” 11Jesus replied, “Elijah does indeed come, and he will restore all things.

The Great Day of the Lord

1For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. 2But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. 3And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

4Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: 6And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. {THE END OF THE PROPHETS.}

Elijah comes to prepare you for the coming of the Lord.

What does his spirit do?

Old 12-09-2017, 08:37 PM

15,792 posts, read 6,201,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

Your name is Tom, as in doubting Thomas. You have to have faith.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:47 PM

608 posts, read 301,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Your name is Tom, as in doubting Thomas. You have to have faith.
Do you know who Tom's brother is?

Old 12-09-2017, 08:47 PM

15,792 posts, read 6,201,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben Shunamit View Post
Do you know who Tom's brother is?
Who?

Edit: I searched it and I didn't know this:

Actually the name Thomas Didymos -- well, Thomas is Hebrew for twin. Didymos is Greek for twin.... The implication here is that he is Jesus' twin. But this character, of course, also appears in the Gospel of John, he's one of the disciples, the twin.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...ry/thomas.html

Is that what you meant or were you talking about Jerry?

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 12-09-2017 at 09:35 PM..

Old 12-09-2017, 09:24 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,753,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Gee you're going to be real busy then & ah, CD will be no more after your psychotic God has finished smiting the majority of mankind.
Yep, according to the fairy-tale (that was actually plagiarised from the Sibylline writings that were written circa 500 BCE) Gods going to go on the rampage & let forth the hordes of evil that he created just for this special occasion. Gods 'coming out' party.
He must be drooling in anticipation, to let loose his 4 horsemen of the apocalypse to wreak conquest, war, famine & death on his children. Just imagine how much fun he's going to have. The utter carnage, the suffering, the misery & the stench of death.

Do you think it's too late to advise 'God' to seek psychiatric help?
What then do you say when asked about the 4 carpenters?

Old 12-09-2017, 09:41 PM

919 posts, read 602,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Where does the two witnesses release anything?
How would I know? It's not what I said. Unless you're God, the only thing you'll be releasing is your bowels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity