Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 05:01 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
The Spark of the Divine that's within all of us.
That is true, but not all paths lead to God. There is much in the spiritual realm that is not of God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 05:26 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numeroloog nirk View Post
What is spirituality?

If I answer this question, only I will understand what this means. The meaning you give it in the world is not complete. There is a difference between spirituality and religion. Religion has nothing to do with spirituality.

If we really want to solve our problems, really, WE NEED TO BECOME SPIRITUALLY CONSCIOUS. Religion limit this with our search of God.
Possibly true, but what do you recommend? Spirituality is a self-starter thing. Most people don't have the drive or discipline to push themselves along a spiritual path of their own making.

Also, you can be spiritual and religious. I have my own path, but I attend church, largely because it helps me feel a part of something.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:33 PM

11 posts, read 5,599 times
if you go to church every week, it doesn't make you spiritual conscious.
if you go weekly to your yoga class, it doesn't make you spiritual conscious.
if you read your Qoran everyday, it doensn't make you spiritual conscious.
if you read your bible everyday, ist doesn't make you spiritual conscious.
if you do voodoo practices, it doesn't make you spiritual conscious.

spiritual consciousness is dangerous, because it will destroy what we think
that is precious to us.

you will not understand the above, unless you understand the title of this article.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Why do I make this statement? I make it because a matter such as spirituality needs to be defined - and you have provided nothing at all to back up your words.

The Bible defines spirituality - God's spirituality, human's spirituality, the limits of both, how humanity lost it and God's plan to partially restore it (the process of redemption).

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
you do know that islam and christianity are the same??

Old 12-17-2017, 01:00 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:

Here we go.... Peace

Old 12-17-2017, 04:22 PM

919 posts, read 609,505 times
Quote:

Where does the Bible command it's followers to behead all non-believers? To infiltrate, destroy & dominate other cultures by any means necessary? Where does it permit rape, pedophilia, violence, lying & cheating? Where does it exhort the drinking of camels urine?

You really need to read the Koran, then re-read your Bible & compare. Islam & Christianity have little, if anything, in common.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Where does the Bible command it's followers to behead all non-believers? To infiltrate, destroy & dominate other cultures by any means necessary? Where does it permit rape, pedophilia, violence, lying & cheating? Where does it exhort the drinking of camels urine?

You really need to read the Koran, then re-read your Bible & compare. Islam & Christianity have little, if anything, in common.
Do you want to learn from me???
Even if i can prove to you that you live in a illusion,
than still you will have a different opinion, only not to
see it the way it is.

SO, I WILLL NOT REPLY ON YOUR COMMENT. YOU ARE RIGHT.
THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:01 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
There is a BIG contrast between the 'works of the flesh' (physical) and the 'works of the spirit' (spiritual qualities) as found listed at Galatians 5:19-23 . God's main spiritual qualities or attributes are: Love, Justice, Wisdom and Mercy and we can display God's image to varying degrees.

There is a true or genuine religion or worship as mentioned at James 1:27 to look after orphans and widows in their time of tribulation.
Those who seek God are those who seek righteousness and justice with a humble heart.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:21 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
What is spirituality?

If I answer this question, only I will understand what this means. The meaning you give it in the world is not complete. There is a difference between spirituality and religion. Religion has nothing to do with spirituality.

If we really want to solve our problems, really, WE NEED TO BECOME SPIRITUALLY CONSCIOUS. Religion limit this with our search of God.
I think it is to know all nature and how it works. I think that every word in nature used in the bible has an alternate meaning and so you are always learning a language. Words like barley, wheat, oil and wine, they are all pointing to spiritual meanings learned through how a harvest is worked. Water is as the word of God falling on your head, an olive tree is a priest, and each piece and layer of the temple made of earth tells us different things from the Cypress in the flooring to the showbread and 7 spirits of the Menorah. The layers of the veil and what the ram is, and why it is died red, why the black she goats and then a fine woven work of linen?

Why the dolphin skin and just every single word of nature.

Luke 19:40
"I tell you," He answered, "if they remain silent, the very stones will cry out."

What is the Stone?

Babylon

"Surely the stone will cry out from the wall, And the rafter will answer it from the framework.

Joshua 24:27
Joshua said to all the people, "Behold, this stone shall be for a witness against us, for it has heard all the words of the LORD which He spoke to us; thus it shall be for a witness against you, so that you do not deny your God."

What is a wall?

Lamentations 2:18
Their heart cried out to the Lord, "O wall of the daughter of Zion, Let your tears run down like a river day and night; Give yourself no relief, Let your eyes have no rest.{Virgin}

The Bride
9"If she is a wall, We will build on her a battlement of silver; But if she is a door, We will barricade her with planks of cedar." 10"I was a wall, and my breasts were like towers; Then I became in his eyes as one who finds peace. 11"Solomon had a vineyard at Baal-hamon; He entrusted the vineyard to caretakers. Each one was to bring a thousand shekels of silver for its fruit.…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity