Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 08:58 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
In your blindness you have hit on a little truth.....believers are NOW spiritually already seated in heaven.......

20 But our citizenship is in HEAVEN, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.
excellent point !

I find that also that they know the truth and keep repeating God's truths but are blind to even what they say themselves. it is written in us and it is written inside of them.. but they just can't hear it and it is their own voices saying the truth their heart/ conscience ( soul and emotions) knows but their mind flat out denies it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 09:11 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
I guess it's safe to say that Christians do not agree on whether or not good, moral unbelievers will be denied entrance to heaven.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:21 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
EVERYBODY has an opinion......everybody defends their denominations doctrines and TRADITIONS. Not one iota of it matters when posted in opposition to what the God breathed scripture proclaims. I'm talking about a traditional Bible you can buy at any store, not your own corrupt books. Scripture plainly tells us to be absent from the body for believers is to be present with the Lord. Look particularly at verse 8.....
Actually, I'm talking about the KJV. And for your information, I don't own or use any "corrupt books' -- just books you don't personally accept as scripture.

Quote:
The idea you die and wander around making up your mind is NOT supported, and is a lie and will be answered for later.
Good grief. There is no need for snarky comments over a difference in belief. Personally, I don't think the Bible supports the notion that the billions of people who lived their lives without ever having even heard of Jesus Christ are destined to an eternity in Hell. But, to each his own. As you basically said, misunderstandings and incorrect beliefs will all be cleared up in the end.

Last edited by Katzpur; 12-14-2017 at 09:46 AM..

Old 12-14-2017, 09:51 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Ever read Matthew? look at chapter 5
Again, no atheist thinks Jesus is pointing out their sins or condemning them. No atheist hates a man who may or may not have said things that were written 2000 years ago. And there’s nothing to hate about Matthew 5. How some Christians may choose to use those words could be a different matter.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:11 PM

919 posts, read 609,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I struggled with that as well for years. Greedy and who knows what else but born-again people are going to heaven but someone who spent entire life helping out in soup kitchens and volunteering headed for an oven set for 666 degrees if they never got around to reciting the sinner's prayer.

Plus, you need to list the contradictions. I'm not seeing it. I know you'll mention James but it basically says you'll know them by their fruits, doesn't it?
Churchs probably wonder why they're becoming less & less relevant & why their congregations are dwindling. A big contributing factor is that they'll accept any type of lowlife, no matter how vile & repugnant, who no-doubt turn others away with their astounding hypocrisy & their stench.
We have a perfect example here; abusive, disingenuous, mocks abuse victims & those afflicted with mental issues. A right nasty piece of work. The other Christians not only accept the thing but they're no doubt chortling to themselves whenever he attacks those who disagree.
Little wonder that they've lost whatever respect they may have had in the past.

I'll have to dig out my reference for the contradictions. - They Lied To Us In Sunday School by Ian Ross Vayro. - As he paraphrases a lot, I'l have to go through the verses to find the ones with exact wording so that the less than honest Christians here can't shriek 'Out of context!' as they're prone to do.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Actually, I'm talking about the KJV. And for your information, I don't own or use any "corrupt books' -- just books you don't personally accept as scripture.

Good grief. There is no need for snarky comments over a difference in belief.
It's what they do; insult, abuse & ridicule anyone who disagrees.
And as the just finished Aussie Royal Commission into sex abuse & pedophilia within religious organisations concluded, they protect their own, no-matter how abusive, vile or corrupt. It's what they do.

Judging by their behaviour, they must think that they're above the 'laws' that they claim to follow.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I have plans for my afterlife. Big plans.

I am not concerned about the point system for heaven others seem to fret about, or threaten others with. At this stage of my life that seems more that silly.

I expect to check on the kids once in a while and the Grands just like my own mother does. I expect to be drinking Tequila, baking, and reading. I even might learn to cook without a smoke alarm going off.

I expect to see other like minded spirits who are not fretting about having enough points, or believing in a certain way. I will find people I love, and find new people to love.

"other like minded spirits"? Exactly. Like energy attracts like energy. It's a vibrational thing.
The Rabbi himself alluded to the multitude of realities in the afterlife; 'In my fathers mansion there are many rooms.'
Thieves & slanderers will gravitate to each other, decent people with a sense of morality will find themselves amongst their own kind.

But these are just resting places before we choose our next incarnation on our journey to reach the state of full realisation.

Old 12-14-2017, 03:11 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
It's what they do; insult, abuse & ridicule anyone who disagrees.
And as the just finished Aussie Royal Commission into sex abuse & pedophilia within religious organisations concluded, they protect their own, no-matter how abusive, vile or corrupt. It's what they do.

Judging by their behaviour, they must think that they're above the 'laws' that they claim to follow.
Who the hell are you even talking about?

Old 12-14-2017, 03:52 PM

23,156 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
do you also believe that only Christians who have accepted Jesus as their Lord etc. will be allowed entry upon earthly death?

If so, where do you think everyone else will go? It's my understanding that not all Christians believe in a literal, eternally-burning hell. What, in your denomination/sect, is expected to happen to non-Christians upon death? Especially those who have led decent, ethical lives according to their different, or non-beliefs.
Sorry this is so long, I just wrote it for any Christian thinking of scriptures about hell, and how there are 3 sections of the temple to show 3 sections of afterlife, and none of them are hell, there is the outer court of darkness but there is salvation there as well, and the outer court of darkness is the hell all the scriptures are referring to. WE are CERTAINLY informed that the Temple design in 3 sections is there to show us what the afterlife is. Learn the temple, and you learn what the after life is.

What I believe is the fact that you and I are here is that we already lived other lives and we are the fallen, and this life is the outcome of a life already spent, and I suppose when we die, we go through another fall, or another uplifting but I pretty much see everyone as a tool, and God uses everyone where no tool is no better than the other in the big picture. We look at Paul, now why was Paul so different than any of the other non believers ESPECIALLY when he himself was responsible for the death of so many Christians, and yet Jesus comes to him and MAKES him believe. It is something to think about that God would have taken the very worst of the very worst, to then come to him personally, if that doesn't show hope, I don't know what would. I think everyone has a job to do here, and that includes Atheist, I know you aren't an Atheist, but I see God using Atheists nonetheless. I have been speaking on forums since there were billboards and I have seen and spoken to a million Atheists who sent me into a frenzy that made me study, and had it not been for many of those people, I wouldn't be where I am today{Crazy}. Anyhow, I think God uses everyone to move people here and there, and we are all about the same and headed in the same direction. You can't sharpen a tool without another tool, and I am one of those people who don't believe in an eternal torment, I just see Jewish idioms about the promises and gifts of the Jewish feasts. Where some may see hell, I see an outer court where everyone is saved and living in the kingdom come.

Jesus is Coming ~ Revelation
6And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
7Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
8And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
10And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 11He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Nothing May Be Added
18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. {THE END.}

There I am outside the city with the dogs, the sorcerers, the whoremongers with the idolaters and those who love to love a lie, BUT HEY, I AM STILL THERE.

Members of Christ
…8Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, even against your own brothers! 9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts, 10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.…

THERE I STAND WITH THE GREEDY, THE SEXUAL IMMORAL, THE IDOLATERS, THE ADULTERERS.

What people don't get about this scripture Trout, is that this is very particular to a few people in history who have excelled passed the Majority and now they have inherited the Zoe Kingdom of heaven.

People will point out this scripture not knowing the difference in the 3 sections of heaven.

1 Corinthians 6
Settle Lawsuits among Believers{ Just Know that of all the books of the bible, 1 Corinthians is the most confusing, and it will lead people from the truth because of how it was written}
{When you see,'' WHAT?'' It means something was just quoted and now Paul is going to rebuke them.
1Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 4If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. 5I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
7Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? 8Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Our Bodies are Members of Christ
12All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. 14And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power. 15Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. 16What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. 17But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

The Body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit
(Romans 12:1-8; 1 Corinthians 3:16-18)

18Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

This scripture in Corinthians 6 is Paul writing a letter after the Corinthian church wrote him two letters and he is always addressing what they say, and what they said was wrong in so many ways and in so many levels.

You see that big ,'' WHAT?""

That is Paul asking what the heck they were talking about.

All of first Corinthians is this way, and it is very hard to distinguish where Paul is quoting what they say or is it Paul saying it?

1 Corinthians 7
1Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me

Paul had been contradicting them since the beginning of the letter as he is doing in chapter 6, and he gets very specific beginning in chapter 7, and it goes this way to the end of the book where Paul is quoting what they believed and what they said and then you see his famous,'' WHAT?"" and after you see that, he rebukes them or tells them the truth of where they are wrong.

1 Corinthians 14 ~ WHAT?
27If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 29Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. 30If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. 31For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. 32And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
34Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 36What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?{Paul's grand rebuke}

The book of first Corinthians is the most confusing book of all, and it contains some of the most repeated verses that people just love to repeat, but most Christians can't tell where Paul is speaking or quoting what the church of Corinth made for itself.

I don't pretend to know the real truths behind 1 Corinthians and I have studied more than most. It is a confusing letter because it is answering two letters written by the church as they made their own rules, and what they say of the kingdom of heaven should be picked apart and read with very much regard to the truth of what was taking place between these letters, and that's what they are, letters. It's not as if they stand next to the law and the prophets.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 12-14-2017 at 04:08 PM..

Old 12-14-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Who the hell are you even talking about?
Christians who resort to insulting anyone who disagrees ..... who'd you think I was referring to, Mickey Mouse & his chums?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity