Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2017, 07:44 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary
Matthew doesnt say where they were from originally. But there's certainly nothing in Matthew that contradicts the idea that they were indeed from Nazareth.

Quote:
And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed. (This sort of taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the City of David, which is called Beth-le-hem; (because it is the Bayith-and-Home of David)
Augustus ordered a census in
29/28 BC
9/8 BC
13/14 AD

As many writers have pointed out, there is no logical reason for them to travel to Beth-le-hem even if there was a taxation. But being Passover it would have been logical for them to travel to Jerusalem. Perhaps a suburb of Jerusalem was called Beth-le-hem (if only informally)

Birth of Jesus was in march-april 13 AD: Gospel harmony based on John/Beginning

Joseph didn't go to Bethlehem. He went to Jerusalem (the city of David) for Passover and Mary had Jesus while they were there. They then went back to Nazareth. The next Passover they went back to Jerusalem and that's when the Magi saw the star (Halley's Comet) and the massacre of the Innocents occurred.

Quote:
Now when Jesus was born in Beth-le-hem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem.
Why "of Judea"? Why not Just "Bethlehem". Was there more that one Bethlehem? One in Judea and one in the tribe of Benjamin?

If anyone was going to commit a massacre it would clearly be Herod Archelaus.

Quote:
Josephus stated that Herod was so concerned that no one would mourn his death, that he commanded a large group of distinguished men to come to Jericho, and he gave an order that they should be killed at the time of his death so that the displays of grief that he craved would take place.

Archelaus then sent a general, some other people and finally a "tribune in Command of a Cohort" to reason with these "Seditionists".
Those who came from Archelaus were stoned, with many killed.
It was after midnight, and Archelaus suddenly ordered the entire army into the city to the Temple.
Josephus records the death toll at 3000.
Archelaus sent heralds around the city announcing the cancellation of Passover.
There is no way to know for sure but if I was going to guess wildly then my guess would be that Herod constructed some sort of Palace in Gaulinitis (Golan) and in 6 AD voluntarily moved many of his family members and Close Associates to that Palace. He himself stayed in Jerusalem.

Then after the massacre of the Innocents there must have been some sort of outcry and Herod was exiled to Gaulinitis probably in 16 AD.

After that Judea became a proper Roman province and the Romans decided to cover the whole thing up because it reflected poorly on Augustus who put Herod in charge. The Romans claimed that Herod had been exiled to "Gaul" in 6 AD.

Quote:
But when Joseph heard that Archelaus (23 BC – c. 18 AD) had ruled in Judaea in a manner opposite of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: receiving a message in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee
Quote:
Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar,

Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea
, and

Herod (Antipas) being tetrarch of Galilee, and

his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and

Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,

Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests,

the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;
Quote:
according to Suetonius, after a two-year stint in Germania, which lasted from 10−12 AD, "Tiberius' returned and celebrated the triumph which he had postponed, accompanied also by his generals, for whom he had obtained the triumphal regalia. And before turning to enter the Capitol, he dismounted from his chariot and fell at the knees of his father, who was presiding over the ceremonies.” "Since the consuls caused a law to be passed soon after this that he should govern the provinces jointly with Augustus and hold the census with him, he set out for Illyricum on the conclusion of the lustral ceremonies."

Thus according to Suetonius, these ceremonies and the declaration of his "co-princeps" took place in the year 12 AD, after Tiberius return from Germania
So the year 12 AD was the 1st year of Tiberius so the 15th year of Tiberius was 14 years later in 26 AD

Quote:
Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,

22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

And Jesus himself was thirteen years of age.

In the beginning he was thought to be the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,
Isaiah 11:6 (KJV)
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Pontius Pilate was Roman governor of Palestine from 26 to 36 CE.

Jesus (Samson) was arrested after the Passover meal on the night of 1-15 (by the Jewish calendar) but was executed 2 months later on 3-15 which was the date of a lunar eclipse. (June 14 of 29 AD by the Roman calendar).
3-15 is grape harvest and the New wine festival. The παρα-σκευή of the passover. The day of παρα-sychar (wine preparation or wine concoction).

Jesus stood before Pilate at noon
Jesus was crucified 3 hours later at at 3 pm.
If 3 pm was the 1st hour of the crucifixion then 8 pm was the 6th hour.
From 8 pm till 11:30 pm (june 14 of 29 AD) a total lunar eclipse came over all the land.

When it says they prepared the Passover, that word prepare is different from the word used to describe the day of preparation (Day of concocting wine). They are two completely different words

June 14 of 29 ad was Julian day 1731815 and a tuesday.
He was in the tomb at sunrise wed.
He arose saturday morning.
When the women arrived at the tomb he had already been out for a full day

Quote:
Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover? (The passover meal is eaten on the first day of unleaved bread which begins at sundown)

18 And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.

19 And the disciples did as Jesus had appointed them; and they made ready the passover.

And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

13 And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.

14 And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

15 And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.

16 And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.

7 Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.

8 And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.

9 And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare?

10 And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.

11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

12 And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready.

13 And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
Quote:
Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.

21 And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

22 And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?

23 And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.

24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

17 And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.

18 And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.

19 And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I?

20 And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish.

21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.
Quote:
And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.

15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 10:01 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,568 times
Exactly one year after the crucifixion of the apostles were baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
when the day of Pentecost (The new wine festival exactly one year after the crucifixion) was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

and others mocking said, -- `They are full of new wine;'

Old 12-18-2017, 03:59 AM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Did we really need another thread about this?

Old 12-18-2017, 06:25 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Did we really need another thread about this?
I agree. The other one was one too many and the two might be better combined.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:28 AM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I agree. The other one was one too many and the two might be better combined.
I thought there were more than one already, which i agree is already more than one too many. I don't see the point.

On the base R&S, there are three threads dealing with the dates of the birth, death, or crucifixion, then here on Christianity there is this one and another started by the same poster.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 12-18-2017 at 09:02 AM..

Old 12-18-2017, 04:49 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
The opening post also contains a LOT of red text, which everybody knows is against the rules.

This topic only applies to Christianity (obviously). There is no reason for this to exist in the main R&S forum. It should have been in the Christianity forum, where it is being moved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity