Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 08:00 PM

22,848 posts, read 10,246,546 times

Advertisements

The Earth would have a golf tee.

The temple expands straight up 1500 miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 02:39 AM

18,839 posts, read 6,856,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
New Jerusalem or Jerusalem above ( Galatians 4:26 ) is now the heavenly seat of government.
It has both kings and priests governing with Jesus.- Revelation 5:9-10.
As 'kings' they take care of governmental responsibilities for the humble meek people who inherit the Earth as Jesus promised.
As 'priests' they take care of spiritual duties toward the humble meek people living on Earth starting with Jesus' coming 1,000-year rule over Earth when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among person's of goodwill.
Nothing in scripture indicates that it’s there now.

Old 12-26-2017, 05:33 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,761,429 times
The new jerusalem alingned with a son of israel is the hope seen in those who are afar geographically, but at heart very near.
I hear encouragement given to those there on the homeland from those who send letters from abroad.
For the Lord is not slack like man.

But, what do I know.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:10 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,691,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
the new jerusalem alingned with a son of israel is the hope seen in those who are afar geographically, but at heart very near.
I hear encouragement given to those there on the homeland from those who send letters from abroad.
For the lord is not slack like man.

But, what do i know.
both physically and spiritually true and all over it again pin!

Old 12-26-2017, 08:30 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,886,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Nothing in scripture indicates that it’s there now.
I find that since Pentecost the Bible speaks of a spiritual Israel - Galatians 6:16; 4:26; Romans 2:28-29.
Since Revelation (Rev. 1:10) setting is for our day or time frame (Not the first century) then Jerusalem above aka New Jerusalem - Rev. 20 - then Jesus is governing the Christian congregation NOW from that heavenly seat of government. Jesus is spiritual leader, and will be governing over the whole Earth as Jesus will have earthly subjects or citizens all over Earth as described at Psalms 72:8; 12-14.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:35 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,886,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
The new jerusalem alingned with a son of israel is the hope seen in those who are afar geographically, but at heart very near.
What a lovely thought to be 'at heart very near ' .
That Son of Israel to me would be Jesus as the Son of the nation of ' Spiritual Israel ' as mentioned at 1st Peter 2:9,5.
A spiritual nation by spirit ( Romans 2:28-29 ) and Not by flesh or natural Israel. Spiritual Israel has No borders or No boundaries found on any map, so people everywhere on Earth can become part of that Spiritual Nation under Christ as that Son of Israel ( Spiritual Israel for everyone - Psalms 72:8; 12:14 )

Old 12-30-2017, 11:52 AM

1,196 posts, read 746,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Revelation 21:10-27 describes the new Jerusalem. There is some similarity in Ezekiel chapter 48. Can you illustrate how the new city looks like?
new Jerusalem isn't an actual city as many either are taught to believe, or assume it is. this is referring to a group of spiritual Angels who once lived on earth as humans. these are called the "144,000" ,([b]Revelation 14:1-4 "Then I saw the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him were 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of mighty ocean waves or the rolling of loud thunder. It was like the sound of many harpists playing together. This great choir sang a wonderful new song in front of the throne of God and before the four living beings and the twenty-four elders. No one could learn this song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. They have kept themselves as pure as virgins,[a] following the Lamb wherever he goes. They have been purchased from among the people on the earth as a special offering to God and to the Lamb).

these are also called the "Bride of Jesus" ,(Revelation 19:7,8 Let us be glad and rejoice, and let us give honor to him. For the time has come for the wedding feast of the Lamb, and his bride has prepared herself. She has been given the finest of pure white linen to wear.” For the fine linen represents the good deeds of God’s holy people).

see also ,(Revelation 21:9-11 Then one of the seven angels who held the seven bowls containing the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come with me! I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” So he took me in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and he showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God. It shone with the glory of God and sparkled like a precious stone—like jasper as clear as crystal). an actual city can't be given in marriage to any being, be it human or Spirit. The New Jerusalem/ Bride /144,000 will be co rulers with Christ on his throne in this symbolic city, creation of the “new heavens” that rule over the “new earth,” which is human society on earth, (Rev. 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth).

there won't be a literal or actual city of Jerusalem, because the whole Earth would be made up of ONLY righteous people. the wicked and satan will be done away with ,(Matt. 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth). and (Psalm 37:9-11 For evil doers are cut off, As to those waiting on Jehovah, they possess the land. And yet a little, and the wicked is not, And thou hast considered his place, and it is not. And the humble do possess the land, And they have delighted themselves In the abundance of peace). peace

Old 12-30-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
new Jerusalem isn't an actual city as many either are taught to believe, or assume it is. this is referring to a group of spiritual Angels who once lived on earth as humans. these are called the "144,000" ,([b]Revelation 14:1-4 "Then I saw the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him were 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of mighty ocean waves or the rolling of loud thunder. It was like the sound of many harpists playing together. This great choir sang a wonderful new song in front of the throne of God and before the four living beings and the twenty-four elders. No one could learn this song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. They have kept themselves as pure as virgins,[a] following the Lamb wherever he goes. They have been purchased from among the people on the earth as a special offering to God and to the Lamb).

these are also called the "Bride of Jesus" ,(Revelation 19:7,8 Let us be glad and rejoice, and let us give honor to him. For the time has come for the wedding feast of the Lamb, and his bride has prepared herself. She has been given the finest of pure white linen to wear.” For the fine linen represents the good deeds of God’s holy people).

see also ,(Revelation 21:9-11 Then one of the seven angels who held the seven bowls containing the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come with me! I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” So he took me in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and he showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God. It shone with the glory of God and sparkled like a precious stone—like jasper as clear as crystal). an actual city can't be given in marriage to any being, be it human or Spirit. The New Jerusalem/ Bride /144,000 will be co rulers with Christ on his throne in this symbolic city, creation of the “new heavens” that rule over the “new earth,” which is human society on earth, (Rev. 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth).

there won't be a literal or actual city of Jerusalem, because the whole Earth would be made up of ONLY righteous people. the wicked and satan will be done away with ,(Matt. 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth). and (Psalm 37:9-11 For evil doers are cut off, As to those waiting on Jehovah, they possess the land. And yet a little, and the wicked is not, And thou hast considered his place, and it is not. And the humble do possess the land, And they have delighted themselves In the abundance of peace). peace
Amen

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth(humble lands)

Old 12-30-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
besides what is clear in scripture...
I have only seen a dream nearly 20 years ago, and I can't prove it was REALLY a place there or a concept that is there..

I eventually saw..... a giant round apartment made of gorgeous stones, glass or 4+ inches think of some clear stones.... it was a house inside and all of one level.. of a pillar there was no walls on the outside just rooms open to the sky.. ... Out from the ends it overlooked another giant-sized pillar, miles away... and miles and miles of open sky in that same direction .... I did not see toward "Inside " or a top of the other pillar or the bottom of that pillar either. it was so large but I had no references to judge how far or how big the pillar was.. the pillar I was in or the part I was in was at least maybe 25-50 yards long in the Hallway area that opened up to view the other large pillar which could be seen from the Hallway. the pillar so far away and so large you could not see if there were any rooms/ apartments in that pillar also.. I do not know .
but my apartment/house which was massive the walls maybe 2 to 3 ft and some walls 4 thick of stones.
that looked like some kind of gems.. only way-way bigger and shinier than this picture I posted below.. ..... but the water reminds me of the glass/ stone floors.. and then you have to polish all the walls really shiney and thick with a clear glass like layer... and make it sa flat wall and not rounded walls or ceilings ..
but this was as close a thing that I could possibly describe something to be like it . and it is just a hint of the many color and depth of water is kind of like the glass floor and such.. this is the only picture I have ever seen that kind of reminded me of what I saw.
Wow, thankyou for the pic.
i love it.

Old 12-30-2017, 04:22 PM

22,848 posts, read 10,246,546 times
Again, if you think that you want to describe the New Jerusalem, then by all means, you IN FACT, describe what Adam and Eve was when they were the most beautiful creature.

Those precious stones are the covering of Adam and Eve, and the 3 are one and very beautiful and precious before the fall of Adam.

There came a time when we needed a New Adam, a new Eve, to bring back the most beautiful creature in us. Before our imaginations were evil.

What is starring at you when you consider the design?

Tell me?

What is the length of the wall?

And don't speak to me as a man, but as an angel would count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity