Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2018, 03:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
When the believer dies, both his soul and spirit enter into the presence of God in heaven. For the unbeliever, his soul goes into another realm of existence which the Bible calls Sheol or Hades where it awaits future judgment according to the Bible.
Sheol and Hades are merely the grave. Both go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 04:10 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Sheol and Hades are merely the grave.
No, they are not. See how easy it was to refute your unsupported statement with another unsupported statement?

Old 01-06-2018, 04:22 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
No, they are not. See how easy it was to refute your unsupported statement with another unsupported statement?
You can't actually expect people to take you seriously when you make a statement like,'' See how easy it was to refute your unsupported statement.''

Mike, you can't even decide to agree with what comes out of the mouth of Jesus, now you expect that you can refute anyone's claim?

''O Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life? Jesus replies, '' Keep the laws of Moses, and if you want to be even greater, sell all you own and give to the poor.''

Jesus spoke of the lawlessness that would come in the last days and that is all I see from Christians who have fulfilled what Jesus said in their apostasy in rejecting the ways of God to invent their own ways that they think are higher than God's ways. Jesus spoke to those people who did miracles in his name and taught his name in the streets but because they were lawless, Jesus looks at them and says,'' Depart from me, you lawbreakers, you workers of iniquity. Jesus said that whoever keep the least of the laws and teaches others to keep them will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, and I continuously see supposed Christians teaching the exact opposite of what Jesus said, why is that? How can somebody say that they believe in Jesus when they even admit that they don't believe what Jesus said. Was Jesus confused or is Christianity confused?

I would be so freakingly shocked and astonished if just ONE Christian decided to believe what Jesus said, but it seems like there isn't even one, not even one who would believe Jesus. Meh, I suppose there are some, but OMG, why is the number so few? Why do so few Christians believe Jesus, and how on Earth do they live with contradiction after contradiction?

Old 01-06-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You can't actually expect people to take you seriously when you make a statement like,'' See how easy it was to refute your unsupported statement.''
An unsupported statement doesn't deserve much of a reply.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:50 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
What happens if a Christian member on this forum takes Jesus as a true and Holy prophet of God (and not God himself or God's son or lamb) - and puts this into the equation to see how does the picture of Christian faith look like? - And this is only for experimental purposes.

Jesus's miraculous birth remains intact as a part of the faith - we just want to take the concept of trinity out of the equation on experimental basis, and consider Jesus as a human and a prophet who brought the message of monotheism, just like ALL prophets did before him.

How does it look and how do you feel about it? Can anyone do this theological experiment and redo the math to see if it makes it a lot more easy to understand the entire picture?
Since I once saw that the Trinity could be true I studied it using primarily writings of Trinitarians scholars, Historians and the writings of the early christian fathers. In the end it was plain that the doctrine was man made, contradicts itself and many times actually uses verse that would support Oneness/Sabellianism not the Trinity.

Now it has absolutely no effect to ignore the doctrine of the Trinity on; belief in Jesus, recognizing him as my Lord and Savior, learning from the Bible, drawing close to his Father, our God as we see we should, putting on the new personality, loving God, His son, my Brothers and Sisters my neighbors and even those who are enemies of God and His son. My faith is stronger without it.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:52 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Sheol and Hades are merely the grave. Both go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.
Yet another example which proves that unbelievers cannot understand or believe the Bible because they are spiritually blind, dead and enemies of God.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
An unsupported statement doesn't deserve much of a reply.
He who will not keep even the least of the laws of Moses and then teaches others not to even keep the least, WILL BE THE LEAST in the kingdom of heaven.

It doesn't matter who the least in the kingdom of heaven is, and it doesn't matter who the greatest in the kingdom of heaven are, you know what matters Mike? It is that the disciples of Jesus learn the design of the Tabernacle that was specifically made in order to teach us what the afterlife is. It doesn't matter if I am the least in the kingdom, AT LEAST I KNEW THAT I WAS IN A RACE, what should matter is that people are informed of the truth, and that truth is shown to us in design and we are informed that it is a design that mirrors what the after life is, and who is who in that after life.

The Holy of holies is there to show us who gets in, and who doesn't get in and for what reasons, it would make a huge difference in the walk of a Christian if he was ever informed about the race he is presently in. The great majority are going to be standing in that court and seeking to enter into the Tabernacles proper, and they aren't going to understand why they wont be allowed to enter into the Zoe kingdom in order to recline with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Gentiles should be informed of what the design of the temple is because of the fact that THEY ARE the temple, and there IS IN FACT, a least and a greatest and these are different in design.

Hebrews would tell people this, that the design of the temple is only there to shadow and teach of the kingdom of heaven and the fact that the comings and goings of the Master within his own temple are the comings and goings of God inside his bride. But since most Christians don't know the comings and goings of the master inside his own temple, they are at a great disadvantage, and this should not be.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Quote:
Sheol, like Hades refer to the grave or the abode of the dead, not the living.
It is devoid of love, hate, envy, work, thought, knowledge, and/or wisdom.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Sheol, like Hades refer to the grave or the abode of the dead, not the living.
It is devoid of love, hate, envy, work, thought, knowledge, and/or wisdom.
Another unsupported statement backed up by absolutely nothing.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
If you haven't been paying attention, I don't even bother to read your posts anymore. Save your breath.
That is ok Mike, I don't mind, I write for myself, can't you tell lol? I might just start rambling on like a crazy man at just anything that was on the top of my head, sorry Bro, but yeah, I keep writing and hoping to bring another one to Jesus. I hope to one day to persuade you to the joy and freedom there is in Christ when you have actually come under his covenant as a legal binding citizen of Israel through a betrothal to a Jew.

It isn't hard Mike, there is God, and there is everyone else. If you are a person who would keep the ways of anyone else, as long as it isn't the God of Israel, you should think about that thing, and all Jesus did was to come walking in Judaism, teaching Judaism, and he added to the nation by persuading people to come and be proud that he is your Passover lamb, today there are many Christians who are ashamed of his sacrifice just because the Jews keep the same feasts. But I have pride in my Jewish Passover.

But it is very simple, Christianity today is not in Judaism, they don't follow the ways of Jesus, and Jesus came teaching the ways of his father. You are either with Israel or you aren't. Jesus came bringing a covenant for only Ephraim and Judah and this is a biblical fact, and what else is a biblical fact, is that Judah are Jews, and Ephraim are Gentiles who come repenting for their disrespect of Moses, and they repent of the paganism that ended the ten lost tribes. God doesn't exclude anyone at all, but God will not force you to join Israel in an inheritance even though his promise to you is sure, he promises to give you an inheritance in Israel if you will only accept his Sabbaths and his feasts, and that you love his law.

That isn't hard, but the fact is, there is no other way to gain an inheritance, and this is what Jesus came doing, he came adding Gentiles to the covenant when they converted to the ways of God.

Anyone who would teach a lawless Jesus who comes accepting every pagan Holy day should really consider what they are saying, Jesus didn't come teaching people today's Christianity, HIS MISSION was to add the gentile to the Jew, and now the Gentile chooses separation form the covenant of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity