Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 12:56 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times

Advertisements

If one Read verse 19 here in Romans with verse 20, the answer is clear of 2 Cor 4:4, by John 1:5 which is revealed in Philippians 2:6-8.

what have been clearly seen? the G243 allos of God in flesh the New man.

What was made? his Image.... Flesh and bone

How did Satan blinded the minds of unbelievers. 1 John 5:10 "He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son 11 "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son". 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God"

1 John 5:20 "And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life".

most christian don't know this because they have been blinded.

PCY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 01:53 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist1968 View Post
Ok I understand it makes more sense now. God of this age. He was given those he blinded.
I've never thought of satan as a god before
That wouldn’t be true mono-theism then...

Old 01-08-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Thank you for this. I'll keep a lookout for the capitalization for now on
Hebrew has no capitalization and at the time, neither did Greek...

Old 01-08-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWhiteBlue View Post
You are engaging in the typical English-speaking Protestant errors of treating Scripture as if it were originally written in English, as if the verse numbers were part of the original, and as if individual verses can be read out of context.

Romans 1:20 is not a complete and separate statement; Paul's thought continues on through the next verses, and the general idea is that while full faith may be a gift, natural reason can apprehend the idea that if God exists, then He must be singular and transcend creation. Thus, there is no acceptable defense to be made (Paul's word here is anapologetous; the root is apologia, which means a reasoned defense of a position, such as one might make in a lawsuit or a debate) for the pagan practice of worshipping a multiplicity of gods who are limited in some way and take the forms of animals (such as the falcon-headed Egyptian Horus) or natural phenomena, such as trees or stars or the sun.

This idea has very little to do with what Paul is talking about in 2 Corinthians, which is that the proclamation of the gospel has not been carried out in secret the way the rites of the pagan "mystery" religions were, and has instead been made available to all. Why, then, do all not accept it? Paul says that those who do not accept the gospel are spiritually blind, and have been made such by "the god of this eon" -- that is, of the present age. The term "the god of this eon" appears nowhere else in scripture, and its meaning is not certain; it can be interpreted in several ways. While some believe this means Satan, that does not really work, as Satan is not the God of this age, and did not openly receive worship from it. What seems more likely to me is that by "the god of this age" Paul is referring to the secular goals of wealth and pleasure that people value and, in a sense, worship. This works well with Paul's whole theme here: if your god -- that is, what you value, and consider important -- is not the true God, but instead the things of this passing world, you will not be able to comprehend the value and importance of the eternal gospel. This also works well with the words of Jesus himself, who in Matthew 6:24 indicated that the opposite of serving God was not serving Satan, but instead serving "mammon": that is, wealth, riches, profit, and material possessions.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:20 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
I'd appreciate just Christians respond as to not de-rail this thread. Christians meaning they believe in the entire bible, all books. Here are the verses.

IT reads "they are without excuse" so I understand that to mean God holds them accountable for their unbelief resulting in hell. Yet if God blinds them so they cannot see his invisible qualities of his divine nature, then they obviously have an excuse eh?? God just hasn't chosen them to be saved
Thanks!

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

2 Cor 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
You must read it as the Word of God has blinded the minds.. They are blind by the preaching of the word ,rejecting it, Not that God has purposely blinded them, but because of the existence of the word , they are blinded by not wanting to see the truth in the words of God.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:37 PM

23,157 posts, read 10,449,759 times
People who are blind are those people that begin with a bias against the commandments of God, they can't see the beauty of the law or the hidden beauty behind each one of the laws.
1 Corinthians 9
…8Do I say this from a human perspective? Doesn’t the Law say the same thing? 9For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.” Is it about oxen that God is concerned? 10Isn’t He actually speaking on our behalf? Indeed, this was written for us, because when the plowman plows and the thresher threshes, they should also expect to share in the harvest.…

All the laws have a hidden beauty whether we speak of the laws of sacrifice that point to our own sacrificial death, to unclean animals and how they represent Gentiles. The laws of marriage are laws of marriage between mankind and God, the laws of slavery were written to those who become true servants of God and who even refuse to be set free, and so they gain a golden earring as the voice of God himself in a covenant of servant and master. No matter what law we speak of, there is always a treasure found behind the law, a real truth as a hidden love letter to any bride that would seek her beloved, and if you begin biased against the law or against Israel, you will always be blind to the great treasures found in the law and the prophets, and in the parables of Jesus or anything Jesus said, everything Jesus said was cloaked so that not just anyone could read it. In order to understand the prodigal son, you have to know the literal history of Ephraim like the back of your hand because the prodigal son IS Ephraim, Ephraim IS the ten lost tribes of the Northern Kingdom and they became as dead men, but when and if they ever returned to the father and his word, they leave lawlessness in their herding of swine, and they come back with respect to the law, which IS the father's word.

That son who stayed home is Judah because God promised that he would never give up on Judah and no matter what anyone claims, the Jews have been the only people in the world who have continuously followed God and his ways, and they are still the chosen people, they are still the son who stays home, and the father will still say to them,'' BEHOLD, YOU OWN EVERYTHING.''

Old 01-08-2018, 04:58 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
I'd appreciate just Christians respond as to not de-rail this thread. Christians meaning they believe in the entire bible, all books. Here are the verses.

IT reads "they are without excuse" so I understand that to mean God holds them accountable for their unbelief resulting in hell. Yet if God blinds them so they cannot see his invisible qualities of his divine nature, then they obviously have an excuse eh?? God just hasn't chosen them to be saved
Thanks!

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

2 Cor 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
Micah 7
But as for me, I will look to Adonai,
I will wait for the God of my salvation;
my God will hear me.
8 Enemies of mine, don’t gloat over me!
Although I have fallen, I will rise;
though I live in the dark, Adonai is my light.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
No, his rebellion and Adams rebellion brought us to where we are. If Satan had not rebelled or Adam had not, life would be what God originally intended it to be. Free Will was built into all creation. God did not create robots.
imputing sin as per usual i see.
no where has it been said that Adam rebelled.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
imputing sin as per usual i see.
no where has it been said that Adam rebelled.
Don’t see where Satan rebelled either...

Old 01-09-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Don’t see where Satan rebelled either...
No, i suppose you wouldnt.

Again, im sorry for what they have done to you.
Because it is satan that decieves and offers his own cup of lies.

Do not go after other gods, of the gods of the peoples who are around you.
ידלֹ֣א תֵֽלְכ֔וּן אַֽחֲרֵ֖י אֱלֹהִ֣ים אֲחֵרִ֑ים מֵֽאֱלֹהֵי֙ הָֽעַמִּ֔ים אֲשֶׁ֖ר סְבִיבֽוֹתֵיכֶֽם: 15For the Lord, your God, is a zealous God among you, lest the wrath of the Lord, your God, be kindled against you, and destroy you off the face of the earth. טוכִּ֣י אֵ֥ל קַנָּ֛א יְהֹוָ֥ה אֱלֹהֶ֖יךָ בְּקִרְבֶּ֑ךָ פֶּן־יֶֽ֠חֱרֶ֠ה אַף־יְהֹוָ֤ה אֱלֹהֶ֨יךָ֙ בָּ֔ךְ וְהִשְׁמִ֣ידְךָ֔ מֵעַ֖ל פְּנֵ֥י הָֽאֲדָמָֽה: 16You shall not try the Lord, your God, as you tried Him in Massah. טזלֹ֣א תְנַסּ֔וּ אֶת־יְהֹוָ֖ה אֱלֹֽהֵיכֶ֑ם כַּֽאֲשֶׁ֥ר נִסִּיתֶ֖ם בַּמַּסָּֽה:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity