Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 08:47 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,164,385 times

Advertisements

So we have the unbelieving spirits of antichrist aligned against a book they can't possibly understand in context, mocking and ridiculing a God who will deal with all of them later. Yawn............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 09:12 AM

692 posts, read 375,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
So we have the unbelieving spirits of antichrist aligned against a book they can't possibly understand in context, mocking and ridiculing a God who will deal with all of them later. Yawn............
RESPONSE: On the other hand, they may be perfectly correct and they even can identify the errors and contradictions found in "the book."

Do the "unbelieving spirits of antichrist" simply lack basic gullibility?

Old 01-08-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
RESPONSE: These two passages are easy to understand, but at least one is in error.

Matthew 2
Now after they had left, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, “Get up, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is about to search for the child, to destroy him.” 14 Then Joseph[h] got up, took the child and his mother by night, and went to Egypt, 15 and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet, “Out of Egypt I have called my son.”…………….
19 When Herod died, an angel of the Lord suddenly appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt and said, 20 “Get up, take the child and his mother, and go to the land of Israel, for those who were seeking the child’s life are dead.”

Luke 2
22 When the time came for their purification according to the law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord 23 (as it is written in the law of the Lord, ………….39 When they had finished everything required by the law of the Lord,( 50 days after birth- the Purification) they returned to Galilee, to their own town of Nazareth. 40 The child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom; and the favor of God was upon him.

Which of these contradictory passages do you claim is inerrant? Are you going to claim unbelieving spirits of antichrist (are) aligned against a book? Or do you want to attempt a "context" ploy?

Last edited by Aristotles child; 01-08-2018 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: addition of material

Old 01-08-2018, 11:21 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,164,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
RESPONSE: These two passages are easy to understand, but at least one is in error.

Matthew 2
Now after they had left, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, “Get up, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is about to search for the child, to destroy him.” 14 Then Joseph[h] got up, took the child and his mother by night, and went to Egypt, 15 and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet, “Out of Egypt I have called my son.”…………….
19 When Herod died, an angel of the Lord suddenly appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt and said, 20 “Get up, take the child and his mother, and go to the land of Israel, for those who were seeking the child’s life are dead.”

Luke 2
22 When the time came for their purification according to the law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord 23 (as it is written in the law of the Lord, ………….39 When they had finished everything required by the law of the Lord,( 50 days after birth- the Purification) they returned to Galilee, to their own town of Nazareth. 40 The child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom; and the favor of God was upon him.

Which of these contradictory passages do you claim is inerrant? Are you going to claim unbelieving spirits of antichrist (are) aligned against a book? Or do you want to attempt a "context" ploy?

You don't believe the word because YOU DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT.......it's that simple. My guess is you leave this site and go to your favorite "Bible is full of errors" dot com and read the rest of the day so you can bring your verses back here. We really learn nothing except you hate the book, and those who hate the book hate the SON and have no part with believers.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:09 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
Quote:
Lets look at some of the many more errors in inerrant scripture.

Matthew 2:23 : And he went and lived in a city called Nazareth, that what was spoken by the prophets might be fulfilled: “He shall be called a Nazarene.”

QUESTIONS:

Where in the Old Testament does it say Jesus shall be called a Nazarene.? Answer: It doesn't.

Where in the Old Testament is there any mention of Nazareth? Answer: It isn't mentioned.
GINOLJC, to all. I'll take that challenge. the bible is correct, historically. according to the New Unger's dictionary, The name of Nazarene was but another word for despised one. Hence, although no prophet has ever said anything of the word Nazarene, yet all those prophecies describing the Messiah as a despised one are fulfilled in His being a Nazarene. scripture, Isaiah 53:1-3 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not".

and here is my scripture that backs this up. John 1:46 "And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see". so I believe Unger's dictionary is correct, as well as the scriptures that sustain it.

PCY

Last edited by mensaguy; 01-08-2018 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: Don't use red text in the City-Data forums.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:19 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
Quote:

Matthew 2

Luke 2

there is no error here also. in Luke 2 this is when the baby Jesus was an infant, from birth. in Matthews 2 the Lord Jesus at this time was a YOUNG CHILD of at least two years old. big difference. remember the wise men never came to the Lord Jesus birth, only the Shepherd was at his birth which was in a manger. the wise men came to the HOUSE where now the two year old YOUNG CHILD was living.

so no contradictions there either.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
You don't believe the word because YOU DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT.......it's that simple. My guess is you leave this site and go to your favorite "Bible is full of errors" dot com and read the rest of the day so you can bring your verses back here. We really learn nothing except you hate the book, and those who hate the book hate the SON and have no part with believers.
RESPONSE: I don't believe what common sense shows is clearly contradictory and in error. I don't "hate the book." But I'm not foolish either.

I use adequate reading comprehension and common sense so I just recognize the Bibles' errors and contradictions.

Does that make all non-fundamentalists who do so "sinners"?

When exactly are you saying Jesus went to Egypt? Please quote your scriptural reference. Please quote all of the four evangalists.

Last edited by Aristotles child; 01-08-2018 at 02:51 PM..

Old 01-08-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
GINOLJC, to all. I'll take that challenge. the bible is correct, historically. according to the New Unger's dictionary, The name of Nazarene was but another word for despised one. Hence, although no prophet has ever said anything of the word Nazarene, yet all those prophecies describing the Messiah as a despised one are fulfilled in His being a Nazarene. scripture, Isaiah 53:1-3 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not".

and here is my scripture that backs this up. John 1:46 "And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see". so I believe Unger's dictionary is correct, as well as the scriptures that sustain it.

PCY
I go by the plain meaning of words without complicated rationalizations. "He shall be called a Nazarene" means he shall be called a Nazarene!

Last edited by mensaguy; 01-08-2018 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: Quoted post edited to remove red text

Old 01-08-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
there is no error here also. in Luke 2 this is when the baby Jesus was an infant, from birth. in Matthews 2 the Lord Jesus at this time was a YOUNG CHILD of at least two years old. big difference. remember the wise men never came to the Lord Jesus birth, only the Shepherd was at his birth which was in a manger. the wise men came to the HOUSE where now the two year old YOUNG CHILD was living.

so no contradictions there either.
RESPONSE: Of course here you are disregarding the gospel of Luke.

According to Luke, Jesus and the Holy Family returned to Nazareth 50 days after his birth. Not Egypt. In fact at no point in Luke' gospel does he report that in Jesus' life time was he in Egypt.

Incidentally, Matthew does not have Jesus born in a stable. And not returning to Nazareth 50 days after his birth as does Luke. Luke has no Egypt yarn.

Last edited by Aristotles child; 01-08-2018 at 02:43 PM..

Old 01-08-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
RESPONSE: No. I don't believe the "word" when the "word" is in error. Please find anywhere in the gospels of Luke, Mark, or John that Jesus was ever in Egypt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity