Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2018, 10:23 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay. Similar in some regards to what I believe. Do you see the refinement process as lasting a different amount of time for some people than for others? And are any exempt entirely from that process?
Since we all will have different amounts of "sowing" the amount of "reaping" will likely be different. Those who have mitigated or completely reversed or erased the harm their selfishness has inflicted on others through genuine repentance or reparations could conceivably be exempt. In any case, as long as the kind of harm or damage to others is relatively minor or inadvertent through obliviousness or forgetfulness it can likely be overridden by the overall strength of character and amount of love in your Spirit under the Grace of Jesus. I do not rely on that, however, so I put in the effort daily to shore up my agape love quotient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 10:41 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
You really think this?
I don't believe much of anything the Catholic church has to say. The Catholic church is arguably the most corrupt organization in human history. But it's not about what I believe. It's about what the Catholic church declares.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:47 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Quote:
Jesus plainly said that HE is THE way, the truth, and the life. I don't see anywhere in the Bible where it says the Catholic church is equal to Him and can admit people to heaven, and that includes Peter.......Jesus only knows the heart of man and Jesus only knows and keeps those who are His.......
John.14
[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Actually the author of Gospel John is the one who SAID that Jesus said that. Gospel John was written anonymously 60-70 years after Jesus was executed. No one really knows what Jesus said, because he wrote NOTHING in his own hand. Christians merely assume that the quotes taken from the various Gospels are literal because they have been indoctrinated to accept the quotations without challenge.

Old 01-21-2018, 03:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The Catholic THING
Hitler’s Confession – and Ours
Rev. Jerry J. Pokorsky

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2016

In a bombshell, “jaw-dropping†news report, according to secret documents obtained by WikiLeaks, Adolf Hitler called for a priest during his last days in his Berlin bunker. In addition, agents from the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) were able to surreptitiously plant a listening device in the priest’s briefcase. Hitler’s entire confession was recorded and transcribed by the OSS and buried in the secret archives of the agency – which eventually became the CIA. The leaked (translated) transcript follows.

“Heil, mein Führer!â€

“Good morning, Father, please come in…†[The two men engage in small talk for several minutes before the Confession begins]. The priest transitions to the Confession with the Sign of the Cross and Hitler begins.

“Bless me Father for I have sinned, it has been since early childhood that I have not been to Confession. Here are my sins. I disobeyed my mother and father innumerable times. I got angry with my coworkers maybe twice a week on the average. I had impure thoughts. I repeatedly engaged in sex outside of marriage, but only over the last couple of years – and I didn’t go all the way. I am habitually impatient in traffic. For these and all my sins, I am truly sorry.â€

The priest gives a rosary as a penance, grants the absolution, and Hitler’s attendants are called to usher the priest from the bunker.

© 2018 The Catholic Thing. All rights reserved. For reprint rights, write to: info@frinstitute.org
The Catholic Thing is a forum for intelligent Catholic commentary. Opinions expressed by writers are solely their own

Rev. Jerry J. Pokorsky
Father Jerry J. Pokorsky is a priest of the Diocese of Arlington. He is pastor of St. Catherine of Siena parish in Great Falls, Virginia.

https://www.thecatholicthing.org/201...sion-and-ours/

Once saved, always saved.
And here's the rest of the story:

OK, as you may have already guessed, I’ve made all this up.*To begin with, I wouldn’t dare violate the Seal of Confession, in any case.*But beyond that, my guess is that you – and almost everyone – would object to the content of this Confession.
There’s no mention of hatred of Jews, gypsies, Catholics, etc. (Was it “hatred†or a rationalization of the “virtues†of his “master raceâ€?)*There was no mention of horrible medical experiments on concentration camp inmates; no mention of the extermination camps.*The Confession is superficial and dishonest, you might say:* “If I were Hitler and if I had gone to Confession in that bunker, my confession would be sincere and integral, doggone it.â€
Maybe. - https://www.thecatholicthing.org/201...sion-and-ours/

Old 01-21-2018, 05:21 AM

8,926 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
No one is saved by the law or the commandments........only faith in Christ saves
Quote:
Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Quote:
Jesus plainly said that HE is THE way, the truth, and the life. I don't see anywhere in the Bible where it says the Catholic church is equal to Him and can admit people to heaven, and that includes Peter.......Jesus only knows the heart of man and Jesus only knows and keeps those who are His.......
You nailed it.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:32 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,366,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The Christian hell does not exist...
And as a Christian (most of the time, anyway), I would agree with you. The bible does not actuallysay the word Hell.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:10 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times
Quote:
I don't believe much of anything the Catholic church has to say. The Catholic church is arguably the most corrupt organization in human history. But it's not about what I believe. It's about what the Catholic church declares.

It's about dumping the bible and buying what some denomination has made up....it counts for NOTHING......

Colossians 2:8 (ESV)

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human TRADITION, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:32 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times
Quote:
John.14
[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Actually the author of Gospel John is the one who SAID that Jesus said that. Gospel John was written anonymously 60-70 years after Jesus was executed. No one really knows what Jesus said, because he wrote NOTHING in his own hand. Christians merely assume that the quotes taken from the various Gospels are literal because they have been indoctrinated to accept the quotations without challenge.
The temporary ruler of this world (satan) is adept at twisting scripture and even His direct command in the garden. Satan continues to this day to cause us to doubt scripture by saying it's the work of flawed humanity. And those in the world believe it. In fact those who wrote scripture under inspiration often wondered at what they had just written. God has inspired the book and protected it until now and it will stand for eternity......

Romans 22:6 And he said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place."
7 "And behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book."

Old 01-21-2018, 08:29 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Since we all will have different amounts of "sowing" the amount of "reaping" will likely be different. Those who have mitigated or completely reversed or erased the harm their selfishness has inflicted on others through genuine repentance or reparations could conceivably be exempt. In any case, as long as the kind of harm or damage to others is relatively minor or inadvertent through obliviousness or forgetfulness it can likely be overridden by the overall strength of character and amount of love in your Spirit under the Grace of Jesus. I do not rely on that, however, so I put in the effort daily to shore up my agape love quotient.
Makes sense. Thank you.

Old 01-21-2018, 03:51 PM

8,926 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Romans 22:6 And he said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place."
7 "And behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book."
Typo, and too late for him to change it:
should be Revelation 22:6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity